The talk you OUT of GAS thread!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The talk you OUT of GAS thread!

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:06 pm

skullservant wrote:AT LEAST WE TALKED YOU OUT OF THE GEAR :thumb:

so far, but the pog is still up for sale, although I did some jamming and I still love it
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:43 pm

I am mega gassing for fuzz.

I have

1x Rat Clone
1x Rat Tail
1x Megalith
1x TGD (on its way I hope)

and I have been kicking around the idea of selling everything but the clone and getting a Caprid or VSS Twosome. I also sent John Lyons a pm about a custom fuzz that I am not firm on yet.

Almost though about selling the POG2 I got two weeks ago.

Fuck me I need help.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:50 pm

we all do man. WE ALL DO. That's why I started this thread! :thumb:
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:28 pm

skullservant wrote:we all do man. WE ALL DO. That's why I started this thread! :thumb:

It's harder for me because I want A LOT but cant keep any and when I do get some change I buy something large and expensive. (like a new POG2 and 700.00 guitar, WTF I am bass player for god sakes :lol: )

then I regret it because I want more pedals afterwards.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:32 pm

Fuck this thread. Also, emperors are surprisingly light. My friend's 4x10 doesn't really weigh too much.
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkAxel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Found a great guitar i could get for a nice price and could almost fully fund it by selling my tele

the catch is... although i absolutely loved it, it's not a tele :idk:

i love teles
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 pm

@MaxMaps. I know the feeling. My amp situation was fine, and then I was like BAM SUNN WHOA and now I'll probably question everything. Hopefully it means I shed pedals because of how awesome it sounds :)

@theavondon: Good to know. I pointed out the Emperor cab to my friend down in Richmond who has been cab shopping for a new bass rig the past few months. Hopefully he buys it so I can use it!

@DarkAxel: I always hate that. Did you get to try out the other guitar? It sucks when the only thing you can do is sell your main thing to buy another thing that you might not be sold on... could lead to regrets
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:56 pm

skullservant wrote:@DarkAxel: I always hate that. Did you get to try out the other guitar? It sucks when the only thing you can do is sell your main thing to buy another thing that you might not be sold on... could lead to regrets

that's the thing... i did :lol:

otherwise i wouldn't be so psyched about it :) could use thicker strings and higher action, i believe that then it'd be a HELLOVAGUIT... my tele sounds better in drop D to me, but that might be the thicker strings working miracles
Last edited by DarkAxel on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muse FTW » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:56 pm

skullservant wrote:An RV-5 does a beautiful stereo modulated reverb for a lot less!

1/4 ain't bad!
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:01 pm

DarkAxel wrote:
skullservant wrote:@DarkAxel: I always hate that. Did you get to try out the other guitar? It sucks when the only thing you can do is sell your main thing to buy another thing that you might not be sold on... could lead to regrets

otherwise i wouldn't be so psyched about it :) could use thicker strings and higher action, i believe that then it'd be a HELLOVAGUIT... my tele sounds better in drop D to me, but that might be the thicker strings working miracles

I still need to play a Tele. Haven't done it yet. I don't know why though. I want to try one of the Blacktop Baritones since I already drop tune!

Muse FTW wrote:
skullservant wrote:An RV-5 does a beautiful stereo modulated reverb for a lot less!

1/4 ain't bad!

Heh. I try, I try.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Muh babeh needs foodz!

At least there's tha gumm't
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:07 pm

skullservant wrote:
DarkAxel wrote:

I still need to play a Tele. Haven't done it yet. I don't know why though. I want to try one of the Blacktop Baritones since I already drop tune!

yes you do :D

anyway... totally unsure about this

i'd probably go for a different colour, the grain is not that visible, it's nice though

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby phantasmagorovich » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:24 pm

There are lots of expenses coming up, shit, I basically can't spend any money for the rest of the year and I still won't even have a car to show for it.

BUT:

I have the feeling that I am holding out without buying new toys for so long that I am going mad with gas. I might explode.

Polytope or Clean Clarinot because I am definitely lacking awesome warbles on the board.
Koma Filter/Sequencer, because I really like the delay and I could use the sequencing for the drone band.
I am also kinda missing some stuff I sold, like the Mini Wolf CPU and the Prometheus.
I want to get into playing by myself more again but for that to really be fun I'd need a looper.
A recording/interface shizz I can use with both my ipad and my laptop.
A bi-amping setup consisting of two 15W heads with 2x12 cabs. One british crunchey voiced, one american chrome clean.
And i won't even start on fuzzies.

Shit. What to do? Can someone be so kind as to explain to me a) how to rob a bank without getting caught or b) that I don't need all this stuff?
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby GardenoftheDead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 pm

I want an Acoustic 1x15 cab so that I can get more bass and volume out of my Hartke HA2000. Is this a good idea?
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:30 pm

I had an Ampeg B115 that I used and abused for about a year and a half. It really could withstand anything. I'm not sure of the Acoustic, but it seems like those are built decently for the price. What speakers are you running through now?
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear