The talk you OUT of GAS thread!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The talk you OUT of GAS thread!

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 am

I want an offset-style baritone soooo bad. Not cheap. I'm sticking to my guns for now!
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby snipelfritz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:47 am

I should note that I own a jazzmaster, and it's my primary guitar.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GardenoftheDead » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:27 am

gunslinger_burrito wrote:I've wanted some more modulation for a loooooong time. Also a better reverb (holy stain.................sigh) BUT my two cents to this thread is that if we all just look at the majority of genre-defining or changing musicians out there, they all use or at least started with crappy/limited gear. SunnO))) always talk about how they got into those amps way back because they were cheap because nobody cared about them at the time. Now everyone wants one, and they're way more expensive. Think about famous left-handed players and the fact that they hardly/never used left-handed guitars.... For those doomy folks on here, what about Electric Wizard? They started off (and may still use :idk:) with shitty gear. People have asked on here, "how do I get the Burzum tone?" or whatever, and the answer is, USE SHITTY GEAR. My vote is for more suggestions for cheap gear that sounds as good as expensive gear, at least to kill GAS.

Hey, cheap gear is pretty much me as well. I've got a lot of pedals that I like, but the ones I use are almost all of the,"any music store on the planet will have them," variety (and the ones that aren't can have their role filled by something cheaper without much issue). I use a Jet City stack because I got a tube amp and a 2x12 cabinet for $300 used at GC. My Jazzmaster style guitar is a cheap knock-off with a shitty bridge, but I can't complain for $150. I've never spent more than $400 on a guitar.

What mostly kills my amp and guitar GAS is,"Any amp that I could reasonably afford isn't going to sound much different from the one I have." Pedals are primarily addict because they're not prohibitively expensive for the most part and you can pretty much change your sound instantly with one.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 am

shitty gear is really inspiring. It becomes more about the playing and the connection with the gear rather than what the gear actually does and the fluff
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Deltaphoenix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 am

MSUsousaphone wrote:If you were going to start your electronic stuff back up....I'd say it's a toss up. If you're just doing the band stuff, right now....keep the fuzz.

I am really needing a dedicated computer for my electronica stuff. That isn't coming until the fall...I also went through the delays on the B3 with headphones, they are good for now. In stereo they sounded great. My speakers on my cab at the house sound crappy, so I didn't know how lush some of the delays sounded. I am making a couple of delay patches...
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby skullservant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:38 am

Deltaphoenix wrote:
MSUsousaphone wrote:In stereo they sounded great.

Solved :thumb:

Really finding that life isn't so hard post-TimeLine for myself!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Deltaphoenix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 am

I had to let the temporary insanity pass through me.
The thing is, when I do hook all of my electronics up and play Electronica/Ambient/Stuff with my bass and Maschine, midi timeclock can be amazing. So, as far as I know, that makes TimeFactor and TimeLine my best options.
For a cheaper option, the DD-20 does have a BPM that can be controlled by a knob, so that CAN work.
Yeah, I am good on delay for a few months at least.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby skullservant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:13 am

PLEASE TALK ME OUT OF THE SERIOUSLY SPECIAL TWOSOME. PLEASE. WHY DID I WATCH THE DEMO.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:13 am

Since everyone wants it, i think this is out of question :lol:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:16 am

skullservant wrote:PLEASE TALK ME OUT OF THE SERIOUSLY SPECIAL TWOSOME. PLEASE. WHY DID I WATCH THE DEMO.

I was just about to come on here and get talked out of it myself

I would say that you should just wait and you will be able to buy a bunch of twosomes from people who will want to get this
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:18 am

Yeah. And then I could just mod the Twosome to be able to run both at once instead of one or the other, as well as order switch. LETS DO THAT
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:36 am

Do you have another guitar?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby skullservant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:38 am

dont do it. if there are only six chances are you'll regret it later on down the road and then never be able to get it again.

Strymon favorite switches are easy to DIY for way cheap, expression pedals go for super cheap used, and you can always just save for the rest. Even $20 out of each paycheck is decent!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 am

I,Galactus wrote:
jwar wrote:Do you have another guitar?

Yeah, I've got an LP Studio that I play way more.

Dude play the ibanez!!! sounds like it is irreplaceable

I never unload things I couldn't buy another of.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:26 am

So you only have two guitars in your arsenal then? Dude, you need at least two. Every player does IMO. Two different tones you can get from those suckers. So worth keeping. Pedals come and go anyway. Good guitars are hard to find and WAY more expensive.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear