Looks like there is word of the EHX gamechanger...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Looks like there is word of the EHX gamechanger...

Postby Seedy » Fri May 25, 2012 11:34 am

I did try to contact Axiom Drift which was the only company I saw that could do that mod, but the webpage for the Freeze fx loop mod disappeared, and he never answered me. Besides the dry/wet controls on the superego allow for reverse reverb too.
Seedy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lucas » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:40 am

How many people have the Superego now? I'm definitely going to pick one up soon.
Would be like cramming an elephant in a room, but I'm going to try the HOG in the FX Loop
lucas

involved
involved

Postby Seedy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:35 pm

I just got mine! It's awesome. I also got the Octave Multiplexer for the loop like I described above. It's cool, but not solid enough. I bought a PS5 off of omar in BST. I think (I hope?) that being digital will allow a more consistent bass note, but we'll see. I won't be able to record a demo for a few weeks anyway but I will report back.
Seedy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tommasters » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:47 pm

It's like an awesome freeze!!! There is a lot of overlap though you definitely don't need both I have a trem in the effects loop ATM its cool but when I get my possessed back it's going in there. Will be epic. Sounds great with an organizer in the loop and the NASA attribute too. Really good upgrade still don't get the gliss setting though
tommasters

experienced
experienced

Postby Schlatte » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 am

Resurrecting this thread for this:

Also, that wah is fairly cheap! I thought it would be way more expensive, but 79€ !? Still stupid with all the cables/no way to mount it but still cheap and quite resistant against cars.
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bugzaney » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:00 pm

besides the effects loop, how much better is the superego than the freezE?
bugzaney

experienced
experienced

Postby Communarchy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Way better. In the latch and momentary setting it is exactly like the freeze but with an infinite layer mode (this can be turned off to normal freeze functionality all the way counter-clockwise) with layer attenuation as you stack layers. Infinite soundscapes. In the auto mode, where it tracks and freezes your notes as you move and change, you can also hold the switch after you play a note and stop the auto freezing on the last note you played. That, plus the aforementioned effects loop and separate dry signal and effected signal volume controls.
Communarchy

committed
committed

Postby Communarchy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Ramping up the layer and gliss and dialing out the dry you can get what is essentially the MBV whammy bend/reverse reverb sound, only tighter and more predictable and controllable. which can be a good/bad thing if that's the sound you are going for.
Communarchy

committed
committed

Postby Seedy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Communarchy wrote:Way better. In the latch and momentary setting it is exactly like the freeze but with an infinite layer mode (this can be turned off to normal freeze functionality all the way counter-clockwise) with layer attenuation as you stack layers. Infinite soundscapes. In the auto mode, where it tracks and freezes your notes as you move and change, you can also hold the switch after you play a note and stop the auto freezing on the last note you played. That, plus the aforementioned effects loop and separate dry signal and effected signal volume controls.

Correct. Also, usually an fx loop means you dedicate a pedal to the loop and can't use it otherwise. This is ostensibly true of the Superego too, but with the PS5 in the loop, with the right settings in "auto" mode, I can track my single notes as if I were just plugged right into the PS5. Those two pedals together are so satisfying to me right now I just wanna punch things in satisfaction.
Seedy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bugzaney » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Seedy wrote: Those two pedals together are so satisfying to me right now I just wanna punch things in satisfaction.

this is very relevant to my interests. any chance of a demo/sound clip??
bugzaney

experienced
experienced

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:16 pm

I keep getting excited over this thing's features, and I want to like it so bad, but so far the demos just leave me dry... :erm:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby DarkAxel » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:20 am

i thing that the wah COULD work with coily cables and coily patchcables pretty well... but the mounting...
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 am

i would enjoy the SuperEgo..... if somebody else made it. snds ike a neat feature set
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby excane » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:26 pm

behndy wrote:i would enjoy the SuperEgo..... if somebody else made it. snds ike a neat feature set
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby Teej212 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:45 pm

just picked up the superego, quit being label whores and pick one up! it be sooooo cool. and as far as i can tell, quite usable.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear