· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:42 am

JonnyAngle wrote:
93F4C81C-B288-443B-B05E-F53C5E167FE8.jpeg


Ready for the ILF Midwest meetup this weekend. I’ve got one more coming from Omaha


this makes me want to get into doom music

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:20 am

They all sounded soooooo good

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Talk to me about the GK 800RB. I've wanted on forever and keep ending up with other amps for whatever reasons, but I think I'm just gonna switch it up and grab an RB.

I've got a Rumble 1x15 cab coming in the next couple days, think that would pair well with an 800RB?

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:56 am

800rb is a staple. Very similar to peavey.

Cheap, good power, larger than anything new but sounds fucking fantastic

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:04 am

For the band SUMAC, Brian Cook is running through two 800RB by Gallien Krueger.


That’s all you need, my dude.

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 am

odontophobia wrote:
For the band SUMAC, Brian Cook is running through two 800RB by Gallien Krueger.


That’s all you need, my dude.


That’s all you need, my dude. :snax:

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:16 pm

spacelordmother wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
For the band SUMAC, Brian Cook is running through two 800RB by Gallien Krueger.


That’s all you need, my dude.


That’s all you need, my dude. :snax:


Excellent.

Got one on the way already :!!!:

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:52 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
spacelordmother wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
For the band SUMAC, Brian Cook is running through two 800RB by Gallien Krueger.


That’s all you need, my dude.


That’s all you need, my dude. :snax:


Excellent.

Got one on the way already :!!!:


That's all you need, my dude.

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:54 pm

800rb’s are the absolute sickest amp for the money. I run mine into a 412 and 215 with deltas and use the high side of the crossover to the 412 but run full range. It sounds massive

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Dumb question about the 800rb: is this the right size rack case for it, to allow the head to breathe? I know I need a 3U rack, just wondering about the depth and heat build up since it's passively cooled by the massive heatsink on the back.

https://reverb.com/item/180401-osp-elit ... hort-depth

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:58 am

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:Dumb question about the 800rb: is this the right size rack case for it, to allow the head to breathe? I know I need a 3U rack, just wondering about the depth and heat build up since it's passively cooled by the massive heatsink on the back.

https://reverb.com/item/180401-osp-elit ... hort-depth

You’ll need to take the back panel off to plug it in, so if it fits-it sits

Just make sure that it will physically fit

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:47 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:
93F4C81C-B288-443B-B05E-F53C5E167FE8.jpeg


Ready for the ILF Midwest meetup this weekend. I’ve got one more coming from Omaha


Fuck. :drool:

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:50 pm

27E36916-0461-477A-A3A3-4BE45D62FFD6.jpeg
27E36916-0461-477A-A3A3-4BE45D62FFD6.jpeg (166.76 KiB) Viewed 1714 times


The carvin 410 was a whim purchase - I can’t say no to $20 cabs. Need to get a traditional 412 and then want to add something mean and obnoxious just for the hell of it - :picard: - 810, 215, maybe a 1820?

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:29 pm

do you have basement moisture issues?

I set up in my basement but use milk crates to get amps off the ground and run a dehumidifier.

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:20 pm

I don't have a basement, but my parents do and one time while I was watching their house I went down there during a big rainstorm and just everything was just fucking floating around down there in 10" of water.
Post a reply