Let's see your AMP!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby Blood_mountain » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm

MaxMaps wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:These are my amp now!

The LeClean and its built in cab sim have been my amp for several months now. I love it.

Yeah, I'm really only getting familiar with it, but am loving the sound thus far. There is so much tweaking to be done with the Torpedo software that it feels a bit daunting sometimes, but when I think of the breadth and variety of sounds I can get from this set up, it's super exciting! Really loving the Argentum cab sim right now, which is a 1 x 6 based on the old Silvertone tube-amp-in-a-guitar-case units. It's raunchy and garage-y.

I run a darkglass element and really feel that I am lacking something from it.

Super intrigued about the LE Bass and the Amp sim - Almost curious to see if anyone has played bass guitar with a bunch of pedals into the other versions.

I have played very little bass thru the CAB M only. I’m not an authority on bass amps and sounds tho. CAB M has bass specific speaker cabs, so I would assume the quality would be on par with the guitar cabs tho.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blown_Petals » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:30 pm

I have numerous amps/cabs but here are a few of them:
- Orange AD140
- Marshall Vintage Modern
- Traynor YBA1
- Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
The cab in the back is a reinforced Mesa Rectifier 4x12 loaded with EVM 12L speakers. Anything run through this 800W cab becomes a 'Walls Of Jericho' mechanism (..."and on the seventh day they blew their horns and the walls crumbled down...")
Attachments
20200927_131945.jpg
Blown_Petals

interested
interested

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:21 pm

:rock:

Yes!!!! What a collection :excellent:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blown_Petals » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:02 pm

StivBrigggs wrote:It's a HIwatt Custom 20
2x10 combo
It's my favourite.

Lots of nice rigs here but this Hiwatt caught my eye.
I'm new here and not sure if this is appropriate for this thread or if questions like this are better asked in a private msg but if you don't mind me asking:
- Do you find the 20W gives you sufficient headroom for pedals (or maybe you bought it so you could actually drive it to the point of break up without destroying the building you're in)?
- Is this an SA20C and if so, how do you find the Celestions compare with the 'traditional' Fanes?
- Did you by any chance consider a Reeves, Hi-Tone, etc, and if so, would you mind sharing your thoughts viz what swayed you for the Hiwatt?
Cheers
Blown_Petals

interested
interested

Postby fcknoise » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:43 am

Blown_Petals wrote:
2x10 combo
It's my favourite.

I'm new here and not sure if this is appropriate for this thread or if questions like this are better asked in a private msg but if you don't mind me asking:
- Do you find the 20W gives you sufficient headroom for pedals (or maybe you bought it so you could actually drive it to the point of break up without destroying the building you're in)?
- Is this an SA20C and if so, how do you find the Celestions compare with the 'traditional' Fanes?
- Did you by any chance consider a Reeves, Hi-Tone, etc, and if so, would you mind sharing your thoughts viz what swayed you for the Hiwatt?
Cheers

dont have answers for the questions except that this is a great set of questions in this thread also.

:)* You've also got sick amps :)*
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:14 pm

Finally had some time off work to actually get everything organized in my basement, I bought the Peavey 215 from a guy years ago for $80, he promised it worked, but one of the 15s was totally blown - I doubt he even knew! It's been sitting in my basement and I finally cannibalized some shit to get it working while I'm off for a few days. The other cab used to be a 410 and a 15 but I took the 15 out to use on the other cab and I'm just using the 10s with the Peavey Butcher.

Anyway, I have these super loud amps that look sick but everything is on hiatus so I'm just playing them at the lowest possible volume and trying not to bother my neighbours and/or wife who works from home.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:49 pm

Very cool! I empathise with the low volume woes, as I'm sure a lot of people do at the moment!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Zork » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:33 pm

These look incredibly cool. Now add a gigantic 4x12" for the Centurion (to play at very low levels, of course).
:joy:
Zork

committed
committed

Postby Zork » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:37 pm

...or an Acoustic 301!!!
:!!!:
Zork

committed
committed

Postby StivBrigggs » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:19 pm

Blown_Petals wrote:
2x10 combo
It's my favourite.

Cheers

Don't mind you asking at all my bud.

20W does give quite the amount of headroom. For live gigs at smaller venues my Hiwatt holds up just fine within a loud band.
I do use it as a clean platform for pedals, but the gain knob really helps get you some break-up without shaking the walls.
This is a LOUD 20W.

This is the SA20 with Fanes.
I also have ran the amp through Celestions, but really prefer the fanes as they are brighter and suit the amp better IMO.

I've considered Reeves and Hi-Tone, all of em'....
I happened to come across this amp on a work trip and took it home with me.
I've always wanted a Hiwatt. Would love to have a OG 70's 100 watt half stack some day. Always looking for used Reeves etc as well.
There is something special is about the Hiwatt sound, and it has drawn me to them since I started to play music.
It's my favourite amp.

I hope that helped somewhat my man, cheers!~
StivBrigggs

committed
committed

Postby Blown_Petals » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:11 pm

Don't mind you asking at all my bud.

Thanks for the detailed response Stiv!
I can see why it's your fave...that's a dream amp. <<Envy>>
Blown_Petals

interested
interested

Postby horseblanket » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:34 pm

How is the new built in preamp vs the Le Clean?
I hear the built in one sounds really good.

horseblanket

committed
committed

Postby Dowi » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:04 am

StivBrigggs wrote:20W does give quite the amount of headroom. For live gigs at smaller venues my Hiwatt holds up just fine within a loud band.
I do use it as a clean platform for pedals, but the gain knob really helps get you some break-up without shaking the walls.
This is a LOUD 20W.

This is the SA20 with Fanes.
I also have ran the amp through Celestions, but really prefer the fanes as they are brighter and suit the amp better IMO.

I've considered Reeves and Hi-Tone, all of em'....
I happened to come across this amp on a work trip and took it home with me.
I've always wanted a Hiwatt. Would love to have a OG 70's 100 watt half stack some day. Always looking for used Reeves etc as well.
There is something special is about the Hiwatt sound, and it has drawn me to them since I started to play music.
It's my favourite amp.

Can't believe I finally found someone who has the 20w version. How does it behave at low volumes? I have a custom 50 - which is my favorite amp ever - and I have been caught by those smaller formats but never had the chance to play one. It's the perfect pedal platform for me, and was considering those for future home playing/recording (in an isolated room) as the 50w would shake the walls even with the master set on 9 o clock.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mathias » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:36 am

I had a Reeves that was similarly small and was a Hiwatt style circuit. It was loud for a low wattage amp as well. (The thing that put me off about the Reeves was that it had both master volume and power scaling — perhaps one of its main selling points — and the two had to be adjusted together. I would have preferred one or the other.)
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 pm

horseblanket wrote:How is the new built in preamp vs the Le Clean?
I hear the built in one sounds really good.

Yeah, it's quite good. It's based on a Fender Bassman, if that gives you an idea of the sound. The software gives you a lot more range of tweakability, which is nice. I got the Le Clean for a bit more brightness and oomph, as I'm playing a mellow, darker guitar at the moment. I am planning to buy a Tele soon tho, and I'll see then if I feel that I really need the Le Clean or if the Cab M will be good enough on it's own.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear