FLANGERHOAX

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: FLANGERHOAX

Postby Astricii » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 pm

https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topi ... #post77223

list of tons of FH settings. Some more detailed than others.
Achtane wrote:The whole super-submissive robotic dying cat girl with mosaic for junk thing...BLEH
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby Astricii » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:03 pm

If it helps quell GAS, it's pretty noisy.
Achtane wrote:The whole super-submissive robotic dying cat girl with mosaic for junk thing...BLEH
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby Cody_Pole » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:05 pm

And some settings have a volume drop.
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Astricii wrote:If it helps quell GAS, it's pretty noisy.

Cody_Pole wrote:And some settings have a volume drop.

OK, now I'll go back to wanting a Hartman flanger.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Chankgeez wrote:

Kinda an apples and oranges thing there. The Hartmann is kinda a one-trick pony, albeit really good at that one trick. The FH is more of a tweaker's dream kinda thing
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:06 am

bigchiefbc wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:

Kinda an apples and oranges thing there. The Hartmann is kinda a one-trick pony, albeit really good at that one trick. The FH is more of a tweaker's dream kinda thing

I know. I know. A flanger's a flanger though, right?

One of my favorite flangers is the Pearl FG-01. It's pretty tweakable. Not in the same league as the FLANGER HOAX, but it's good enough for me.

I'm also still having a lot of fun with the TC Vortex.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:07 am

Whoops, I was multi-tasking and apparently double tracking, um, posting.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 am

I mean, to compare a flanger to a flanger hoax is unfair and inaccurate. It's more like if you had a pedalboard of phasers and flangers, and you could either turn it all on or all off, and then all the knobs were not where they're supposed to be, and demons lived inside of it, and you were drunk.
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby CaptainWampum » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:37 am

Sounds like heaven.
CaptainWampum

experienced
experienced

Postby Cody_Pole » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Having mentioned the volume drop the only reason I got rid of mine was due to the size of the thing and the fact that I had
to use a clean boost to combat said volume drop for the settings I liked. :p
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Is the volume drop super noticable?

COmpared to for example vintage small stones
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:11 pm

DarkAxel wrote:Is the volume drop super noticable?

COmpared to for example vintage small stones

Yeah its pretty noticeable, I've had a sovtek/ehx smallstone like you (although mine was a green bubble switch one)
and the volume drop was way less noticeable but as I've stated before in regards to the hoax its only on certain settings.
Deflating Expectations.

Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Oh, thanks :) btw i'm not sure how a bubble switch looks like but it might be the same i have (i've got a tall font one)

the drop isn't noticable but sometimes it bugs me
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:27 pm

DarkAxel wrote:Oh, thanks :) btw i'm not sure how a bubble switch looks like but it might be the same i have (i've got a tall font one)

the drop isn't noticable but sometimes it bugs me

Thats right I'll have to search out your board pics in the SYPB section!
Deflating Expectations.

Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:48 pm

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=393&p=359418#p359418

just put up a new one because of the Pharaoh

sorry for stealing the thread :lol: i'll be going now

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear