The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Postby DOSS BS-1 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:49 pm

That has got to be the ultimate Reverb troll. Price things way too low, make it pickup only, then say you live in the middle of f'n nowhere. Brilliant.

For $200 you can have an amp, 4x12 cab, pickups, and 5 pedals. Just drive past 37 corn fields, turn left at the broken down schoolhouse, follow the dirt road for a while (in rural terms "a while" is anywhere between 50 and 200 miles), turn right at the scarecrow, it'll be the third haunted house on the left. Cash only.
-
-
---"Actually I just like fuzz as a friend"---
DOSS BS-1

committed
committed

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:21 pm

Dandolin wrote:for anyone living in/near southwest Iowa - this is a crazy good price on a Duncan Palladium:
https://reverb.com/item/56117971-seymou ... 2010-black

the_carl wrote:I'm really curious what Iowa guy's deal is. Look at his other listings - they're all way too cheap, and zero feedback as a seller.

DOSS BS-1 wrote:That has got to be the ultimate Reverb troll. Price things way too low, make it pickup only, then say you live in the middle of f'n nowhere. Brilliant.

For $200 you can have an amp, 4x12 cab, pickups, and 5 pedals. Just drive past 37 corn fields, turn left at the broken down schoolhouse, follow the dirt road for a while (in rural terms "a while" is anywhere between 50 and 200 miles), turn right at the scarecrow, it'll be the third haunted house on the left. Cash only.

Not to mention the screenshots of other ppl's pics (i.e. the almost sexy soft focus & gamma strain on the pixels, as well as the poor cropping), easily the quickest BINGO scam card I've seen in a while, but I'm surprised most of the listings are still up :?:

Shoutout 2 the Reverb listing algo for exercising thee dude's diligence of adding the Great Value diamond under each prix tho :lol:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby the_carl » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:31 pm

Here's the thing though - looking at his feedback as a buyer, he did actually buy at least 3 of the things he listed (the Palladium, the Boss EQ, and the Schecter bass) on Reverb himself.

And he just put price drops on most of the listings. :lol:
the_carl

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:35 pm

I think the simplest and most plausible explanation is that he's a heroic crusader using his personal wealth to deliberately deflate the overheated secondhand musical instrument market.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:53 pm

Of course.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:57 pm

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:09 pm

Today’s Stupid is the Hercules GS525B five-guitar(/bass/banjo/whatever) rack stand, with two sets of extra neck yokes and bottom foam supports for $65. I think it’s normally $100 without the two extras. So, yeah, seven instruments for less than $10 a pop. I got one this winter and, while not awe inspiring, it’s sturdy enough and can keep a bunch of instruments tidy and handy in a relatively small space. One weird thing if you’re super OCD is that the add-on stuff is built differently than the stock stuff, but that makes it easy to add on. Oh, and you won’t fit seven deep body acoustics or jazz box guitars on one, but you can get one or two in with a bunch of typical solid body instruments. All-in-all, a nice utility/quality-of-life-improvement buy.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:26 pm

Only a few hours left! A DingoTone GHF Germanium Hybrid Fuzz at ebay/Canada:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314022859328

It is an awesome Fuzz Face style fuzz, handmade in Calgary by a good friend of mine who is a truly passionate and professional pedal maker.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:12 pm

kinda interested in their HZD boost :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:22 pm

Yep, that's a BOSS FA-1 tribute and it is the most popular DingoTone pedal, I think.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:11 pm

exactly :thumb: :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:35 pm

*today only*

Imaginando is doing a week of anniversary daily deals. Today's offering is their K7D tape plugin. For about 8 EU/USD (desktop) or 1 EU/USD (iOS), it absolutely rips. It's one of the few tape emulators in software form with a preamp control. The randomization feature and LFO sections allow for some exotic drifts---so you can do warm, gritty textures or experimental, glitch/stuttering textures. You can also try the demo for free on desktop.

I'll post again when their granular synth (FRMS) is offered.

https://www.imaginando.pt/products/k7d- ... irthdayK7D
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:37 pm

nice - hit that :)* i wish my ipad wasn't packed away, or i would have snagged it for ios too...bc apparently, you can no longer purchase apps on the itunes store merhumblegrumble. :mope:
Last edited by Dandolin on Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:11 am

Little bummed I didn't see this yesterday but will still try the demo. The other delay they have up there is free though so that is cool.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby echorec » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:20 am

cantremember wrote:Little bummed I didn't see this yesterday but will still try the demo. The other delay they have up there is free though so that is cool.

I grabbed this recently from Plugin Boutique for about the same price, so I imagine there will be more chances this year.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear