The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Postby Pepe » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:26 am

Hotone KRUSH bitcrusher & sample rate reducer for a very good price here:

https://reverb.com/item/77370849-hotone ... 2010s-pink

In my opinion it sounds way better than an Alesis Bitrman. Plus it is a lovely looking pink powder-coated mini pedal!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby K2000 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:33 pm

Are prices coming down a little on used equipment? I'm looking around at pedals on eBay (weird, I know) and I see some of the prices are kind of reasonable again.

DOD Milk Box (currently at $45 auction, ends tonight, is anybody going to be sniping on Ebay on New Years Eve? Could be a deal)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/355317104425

Earthquaker Devices:

Dispatch Master for $110 (free shipping, box). Used but looks in good condition
https://www.ebay.com/itm/305334514471

Hizumitas for $110 (free shipping, box)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256342655170

Hoof Fuzz for 110 plus $9 shipping
https://www.ebay.com/itm/296135225141
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dubkitty » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:12 pm

i've noticed that prices on Reverb are also less insane than, say, 18 months ago.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby coupleonapkins » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:36 pm

The holiday scene has calmed some prixes, but also, most people are not flush with cash as they were pre-Black Friday (at least, not me).

I did notice the yolde DOD's were getting reasonable again, but most of 'em are in worse shape, which because time is a thing, but also because people don't know how to adjust the footswitch once it sticks. Easy peasy!

But overall, collectos heels have bean cooled, and perhaps it's also that the state of thee whirled is in a mode of disarray, in every other sense.

But also? Cheap Chinese copies that are becoming superior in features/accessibility (but perhaps not quality) have also popped up, so the competition for OG's seems to be waning. Also, all those Sonicake pedals are pretty cute!

I did laff when I saw this vid for a $50 knockoff of the top loading Squier mustang, which is actually on par with the quality of most of those I've tried that sell for about $200:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flVlehjQ2Wc
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:08 am

i suspect there's also the fact that the folks who were actively grabbing every pedal they could get their hands on in the 00s/10s have reached the point i'm at now where it's hard for me to even think of something new i want. it's like doing drugs in the 70s...i've tried everything i could find, and i know what i like now and stick with it unless someone turns me on to something i'm not aware of. very occasionally something catches my ear that works with my overall curated aesthetic, but not that often. i didn't think i needed any more fuzz other than i what already owned or had preordered until i was given a Stomping Stones Virus for ILFSS Christmas, and i'm not convinced i need anything more. when i look at pedal websites now i'm always going "i don't need that...i don't need that...i don't need that either...why would i even want that?" everything that was an exciting new idea back then has been turned out like Traci Lords and has little left to show that excites. how many more "sounds like vinyl" or "sounds like videotape/cassette/MP3s" devices does the world need? it would be nice if the Next Big Thing would get here, because the old Next Big Things are worn out.

the thing i find sad is that companies that used to do cool stuff have become boring. i'm looking at you, Catalinbread and Earthquaker. the only things Cbread have done since they ran off Howard Gee and the rest of the old crew that are interesting have been reverbs, and to me EQD is just going around in circles at this point, doing stuff that's rather too similar to things they did years ago. here's another crunchy fuzz; here's a digital delay/mod unit that acts weird; here's another loud overdrive.

jeez, i miss the drugs from the 1970s.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:21 pm

I think there’s something about people figuring out what works for them and not throwing money after the narcissism of small differences. For my part, learning to competently play to competent gear made some of the push for more less urgent years back, like being able to pull different sounds at the guitar by changing how I hit the strings. Then it was about getting a pallet of colors that worked for what I wanted to do. So now it’s down to my lameness, because it isn’t sounds holding me back.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:21 pm

for me there definitely was also a "what will this do?" aspect to it...when i started getting into fx, "gear culture" and multiple useful YouTube demos of a particular item weren't a thing like they are now, and to a certain extent i had to buy something if i wanted to know exactly what it did. there are now at least a few demos of the self-explanatory Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000; when i was fixing to buy mine there was a single video which lasted about 60 seconds, and that pedal had been out in the world and then out of production for years. it was either that or listen to gearmandude play badly recorded blues licks with one or two settings. at least Brett Kingman's wee daughter was cute for a couple of years. now 85% of the stuff that interests me is reasonably well-documented, even if i'd rather have most of the demoists taken out and shot. or at least have their tongues cut out. guess i'm going Mongol Horde for '24.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:11 pm

I have noticed pricing is coming down and watched a lot of content related on the subject - for the last year ish or so manufactures have been blowing out stock because of the Covid surge. ( fender has a deal right now, PRS is offering 20% of new, Solar was giving out BOGO on new guitars)

All of this new stuff for hella cheep is driving the used stuff down - a LOT of shops in my area are simply not offering a lot for used stuff or they are buying it for way under marker because the only things moving are deals at the moment.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:17 pm

Fender must be eating it bigtime considering their penchant for introducing a dozen new variants every model year.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:39 am

Looks like the DL4 MKII is down to $200 at a bunch of places. At Sam Ash, I was able to use the coupon code VERSE to get it for $186.99 all told. FedEx delivered it the next day.
https://www.samash.com/line-6-delay-eff ... -ldl4mkiix
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:08 pm

dubkitty wrote:Fender must be eating it bigtime considering their penchant for introducing a dozen new variants every model year.

Apparently Fender over produced during the Covid guitar craze and a bunch of dealers canceled last year, hence why we are seeing so many discounted deals.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:49 pm

I tried to snipe a pedal on eBay a couple of days ago. Just like old times! The last minute countdown, not knowing if you "won" until the clock runs out... Fun!
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:43 am

K2000 wrote:I tried to snipe a pedal on eBay a couple of days ago. Just like old times! The last minute countdown, not knowing if you "won" until the clock runs out... Fun!

With the onset of the Reverbing of all gear stuffs everywhere that isn't Reverb, this is such a great feeling. I'm pretty sure about 90% of my eBay watch list is just Buy It Now, or the dreaded Make An Offer But Also Input Your Credit Card So We Can Immediately Bill You, which I still cannot bring myself to du, so old style eBaying n' sniping is like no other kind of rush (probably shouldn't mention the weird incognito auction sites, which don't count because it turns into traditional, pay-over-retail eBay for popular things, but nobuddy really wants what I'm watching, anyway!). Sniping out of print DVD's isn't quite as eggciting, but that's because everything is being 4k'd 2 death.

In udder swede chit....you now have thee chance 2 be Yandi Wallace at yr own behest (no small screwdriver included / no sale for me, un4tunately):

Swede Steve probably might not let you remix any of his current projects with it, but it nebber hertz 2 ask?
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:05 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:43 pm

Dr Scientist Tremolessence V1 for $150 shipped. I don’t know if that’s a good price (?) but I’ve seen people say they are looking for this pedal.

https://reverb.com/item/10998300-dr-sci ... nce-silver

Oops, actually there’s a few V1 Tremolessence on Reverb for about the same price (pick your favorite finish)
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear