No votes
EQD Ghost Echo
15%
other
8%

Total votes : 62

Poll: what reverb should i buy

Postby madmax1012 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:46 am

looking to buy my first reverb to replace the one on my Vox Ac15. looking to play a little bit of everything, but i like deep ambient dark sounding verbs, that do the subtle thing and the fucking huge thing. also, been playing a ton of sludgey mastodon style stuff lately. basically just an all around good reverb to satisfy my needs for a while
Last edited by madmax1012 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuzzy Fred wrote: please excuse me. can we keep this discussion civil and about donkey fucking?

hbombgraphics wrote:Why does it have to be Digital, but with an analog soul and buffalo semen???
madmax1012

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Poll: what reverb should i buy

Postby jrmy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:10 am

My guitar player has an AC30 and loves the Tech 21 Boost RVB... and he did a LOT of homework before settling on it.

That said, I know for a fact that he did not try the Dr. Sci RRR, and everyone I know who has one of THOSE swears that it's the best reverb ever. Sooooooooooooo...
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby futuresailors » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:15 am

If you want reverse, Cathedral. Otherwise the RRR is pretty much the tits. Or be awesome and get both.
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mordecainyc » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:14 am

I'm a sucker for straight up spring reverb, in which case the Vanamps Sole-Mate is the shit.
mordecainyc

committed
committed

Postby Scruffie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:55 am

If you decide on an RV-5, the GLX i'm selling is basically a well built cheaper copy. /Spam

Otherwise I've tried the Dr Scientist and RV-7, both very cool, RV-7 has more optioins but the RRR is just a straight up good verb.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby kbit » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:02 pm

TC Electronic can definitely do the dark ambient thing well. Hall/Cathedral/Dark Hall are all great for it.
But, it doesn't go 100% wet, so be warned.

Only other verb I've used was a Cathedral, and I liked the infinite, reverse, & full wet features, but I kept the TC over it.
Possibly due to simplicity, I'm not really sure.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fuzzy Picklez » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:08 pm

I have tried the RRR, and I'm still partial to my EQD Ghost Echo.
hbombgraphics wrote:paypal gift awakens a beast from underneath the earth that eats puppies
Fuzzy Picklez

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Muse FTW » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:15 pm

RRR...
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby hazelwould » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:35 pm

RRR
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby madmax1012 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:46 pm

fuck i forgot to add the ghost echo to the mix! editing poll...
Fuzzy Fred wrote: please excuse me. can we keep this discussion civil and about donkey fucking?

hbombgraphics wrote:Why does it have to be Digital, but with an analog soul and buffalo semen???
madmax1012

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hazelwould » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:04 pm

I'd also add the Muza and Dispatch Master
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby madmax1012 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:26 pm

hazelwould wrote:I'd also add the Muza and Dispatch Master

i like the Muza for all of it's options, but i've heard they're noisy as fuck. i was kinda disappointed to hear that, but at that price it seems almost too good to be true

madmax1012

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:30 pm

i figured the RRR would get a ton of votes, so I voted for the Boost RVB. not saying I don't love the tits off my RRR, but the Boost RVB was my first verb pedal, and it covers massive territorys...all sorts of tonal options, and the self oscillating feedback knob is a nice touch i don't see on too many verbs out there.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MEC » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:03 pm

For the money, I'd buy a used RVB (Full disclosure: I tried to sell him my old RVB a week or so ago ;) ) but if money don't matter, I'd go with the Stereo WET.
http://youthministry.bandcamp.com/
http://remainstheband.bandcamp.com/
Achtane wrote:FUZZ ALL DAY MAN FUZZ IS GOD ALL OTHER EFFECTS ARE SHIT
Caesar wrote:Dude, can you get the fuck out of my b/s/t thread with your bullshit.
PumpkinPieces wrote: This isn't America, this is I Love Fuzz.
Mudfuzz wrote:Remember when we were all just a bunch of weirdos that liked fucked up shit and not just a bunch of nerds buying bling to impress each other online?
MEC

HERO
HERO

Postby 01010111 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:49 pm

madmax1012 wrote:
hazelwould wrote:I'd also add the Muza and Dispatch Master

i like the Muza for all of it's options, but i've heard they're noisy as fuck. i was kinda disappointed to hear that, but at that price it seems almost too good to be true

When I first saw this thread my first response was MUZA, but I feel like I've raved a bit too much about the muza around these parts. Mine hasn't been noisy at all, and I'm nearly certain that it has some kind of buffer in the signal, not because it colors the tone, but because when I switch between different reverb/delay modes it causes the sound to hiccup a bit (even when it's bypassed).

I've owned the RRR and the Ghost Echo as well. The Ghost Echo has an interesting character to it, I daresay it's the most "natural" sounding reverb I've heard. You break your flashlight in a cave and there's a slight delay between the initial sound and the flood of reverb, same deal with the ghost echo. The RRR sounds fantastic and is very flexible, not really sure what else to say about it.

If you want something that copies many kinds of reverb sounds I'd go for either the RRR or the Hall of Fame. If you want something "natural" sounding go with the Ghost Echo. If it was me choosing I'd go for either the Cathedral or the Neumerator Wet, mostly because of the ones on the list I haven't tried they're the ones that intrigue me the most. One that's not on the list that looks awesome to me is the Dano Spring-king, with some mods it can do some amazing shit.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear