Is there a multi channel mixer that has USB inputs?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Is there a multi channel mixer that has USB inputs?

Postby Cody_Pole » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Hello all in the last year or so I've gone from recording on my trusty old 4 track to completely recording on my laptop
and I've done so using this microphone:

My predicament is that I have two of these and when I plug both of them into the lappy only one records and not both
like I had hoped, so my question being is there a multi channel mixer that has usb inputs and an output so that I can
plug the mic's into the mixer and have another usb cable from the mixer output into the laptop?
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Is there a multi channel mixer that has USB inputs?

Postby Achtane » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:26 pm

I've never seen a mixer with USB inputs :idk:
Maybe a USB mixer...but I don't know of any with USB in.

You might be able to use something like this with a USB mixer/interface.
http://www.amazon.com/Alesis-GuitarLink ... B001OXEDA0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Achtane wrote:I've never seen a mixer with USB inputs :idk:
Maybe a USB mixer...but I don't know of any with USB in.

You might be able to use something like this with a USB mixer/interface.
http://www.amazon.com/Alesis-GuitarLink ... B001OXEDA0

I have something like that but it won't work with audacity and the recording program it comes
loaded with is FUCKING USELESS!!!!! reason I asked the question is I've seen 2 and 4 channel
mixers that you can plug microphone's with the usual input (i.e. male) with a usb output But!
I've not seen what I'm looking for.
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby charles » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:22 pm

That's gonna be tough to find. The idea behind usb mics is to record direct without a mixer, so I doubt anyone would make a mixer that has usb input, because it goes against the whole concept behind it. If I were you I'd look on the software end of things. I don't have any idea of where you would find it, but I'm sure there is some kind of program out there that would "separate" the sound going into your computer.
charles

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Is there some type of adapter that would allow you to plug those mics into your old four track and then use it as a mixer running it into your laptop?

IDK. Just a thought. If that works it might be an easy solution?

Do they make USB to 1/4 inch adapters? I guess you might need to use a mic pre as well. IDK.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby rfurtkamp » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Problem is that the latency going from mic's converter to another mixer with another round of converters isn't going to be particularly good.

You'd need to be able to tap the mic's signal before it hits the USB analog to digital converter to make an adapter work without latency, and these types of mics just aren't designed for it.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks for the info guys :) since it seems unlikely what I'm looking for actually exist I think I'm
gonna snag one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370477117612?ss ... 1423.l2649
Deflating Expectations.

Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to General Gear