So, Pharaoh on Bass?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: So, Pharaoh on Bass?

Postby skullservant » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:39 am

Agreed, that's my only peeve about it. I usually keep it on no clipping, just for teh ballz, but I did try stacking it last night on GE with my Hoof and it brought out some really awesome octave-type distortion. The sustain on the Pharaoh is awesome, I've never heard such a pedal bring out such harmonics in other pedals.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby wdinc01 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:25 pm

I'll make a demo video of mine when I get a chance. I like how much different flavor I can get out of it, although I wish it were ballsy. Sounds pretty cool with the TAFM.
Achtane wrote:ILF: Instead of reducing the dimensions of the board, just fill it up with pedals until it looks right.

D.o.S. wrote:But it's Canadian. So it might be too polite.

D.o.S. wrote:Dude now you have distortion and sustain.

The dream.
wdinc01

experienced
experienced

Postby Holy Schnikes » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 pm

excane wrote:I MUCH prefer the LSTR. It's more my thing - sizzly, high gain, and ballsy.

Pharaoh worked great on bass, but switching from GE to SI has a HUUGE spike in volume.

They both kick ass on guitar, imo. I run the LSTR pretty much full gain at all times and it's crushingly heavy. That's where it excels though, HIGH gain.

The Pharaoh is so much more versatile in my setup. I love both the low and high gain settings plus stacking it with most anything changes things up in a good way. The diode toggle alters the character completely as well, lots to choose from.

As for volume, changing or removing diodes is always gonna drop/bump volume. Germ gives the least (unity around 2-3 o'clock on mine) so switching to silicon will spike, no diodes even more drastically but I don't switch diodes mid-song or anything so it's never a problem.
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby skullservant » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Im going to play with mine a lot more tonight. I only got to play around with mine for about 10 minutes last night, I'm going to try stacking it with a few of my pedals tonight.

I agree with you Schnikes, I feel that the Pharaoh has a lot more room for tones than just high gain. It's a really nice way to boost my Tall Font Green Muff which I got to try last night, it was heavenly. The harmonix from the Pharaoh translated so well into the Muff, and it added some great low end too
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Sadly, the Pharaoh and I didn't mesh very well. Kind of a bummer. But then I realize I usually run my big muffs with the tone knob full treble. SOOOOOOO
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:53 pm

theavondon wrote:Sadly, the Pharaoh and I didn't mesh very well. Kind of a bummer. But then I realize I usually run my big muffs with the tone knob full treble. SOOOOOOO

Ew.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
theavondon wrote:Sadly, the Pharaoh and I didn't mesh very well. Kind of a bummer. But then I realize I usually run my big muffs with the tone knob full treble. SOOOOOOO

Ew.

Also, all the other knobs cranked. Some say that's a sign that I don't have discerning tastes. I say those people can lick my balls.
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to General Gear