Let's see your DRUMS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby foomanfat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Preeeeeetty
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nightterrors » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:12 pm

zrobb3 wrote:
kbithecrowing wrote:
You played the waiting room eh? What band are you in?

the name of the band is daylight

just got these last week. 6ply mahog w/ maple re rings :)

Daylight? Sick! I dig daylight!
Sweet kit man.
Been checking out C&C stuff, even though I know nothing about drums haha.
The kit that they made for Dave Turncrantz recently is unbelievably cool looking.
Good Dealings With: jumbo_steelie(x2), Demon666, foomanfat, Ryan, Skullservant, new05002(x3), WeHuntKings, edkoppel, monkeydancer, smalltownsongs, transients, weed_killer, superfuzz_bigmuff, multi_s, kosta, pez.period, juggernaut, craig0101, LazerViking, indianDYsummer, Muff_Diver, jrmy, cantremember, dangergirlstarship, pjrjazz, amorphous, CrazyDroneDream, spburns, DannDubbleEwe
nightterrors

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zrobb3 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:49 am

nightterrors wrote:

Daylight? Sick! I dig daylight!
Sweet kit man.
Been checking out C&C stuff, even though I know nothing about drums haha.
The kit that they made for Dave Turncrantz recently is unbelievably cool looking.

thanks dude. C&C is always doing awesome stuff, definitely stoked to have worked with them

i actually just refinished that kit actually, heres the only pic i have of it
zrobb3

committed
committed

Postby AxAxSxS » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:06 am

All so purty!

Question for all you drummer types. Do you find there is a lack of forum places to talk drum gear? Or if there is somewhere thats cool to hang out for drummers similar to ILF, where is it? My drummers noted a few times how he doesn't know of an online home for drummers that's as cool as this forum is for... well everything.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Schlatte » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:18 pm

AxAxSxS wrote:All so purty!

Question for all you drummer types. Do you find there is a lack of forum places to talk drum gear? Or if there is somewhere thats cool to hang out for drummers similar to ILF, where is it? My drummers noted a few times how he doesn't know of an online home for drummers that's as cool as this forum is for... well everything.

No, there isn't. There is so much stuff to talk about, but no really cool/chill place for it. Everywhere I've looked there are masses of kids that are like "Omg Travs Brkrer so cool everything else poop, omg noob get out". You can't have a decent conversation on drum gear. Plus there isn't any forum even remotely close to ilf. Fact.
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby zrobb3 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:56 pm

Schlatte wrote:

No, there isn't. There is so much stuff to talk about, but no really cool/chill place for it. Everywhere I've looked there are masses of kids that are like "Omg Travs Brkrer so cool everything else poop, omg noob get out". You can't have a decent conversation on drum gear. Plus there isn't any forum even remotely close to ilf. Fact.

yes! i'll def agree there isn't a cool forum for drums. theres a few- but like schlatte mentioned, its pretty much just nerd shit.

that would be cool though
zrobb3

committed
committed

Postby tommasters » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:31 pm

I refinished these about this time last year. FInally finished the project by painting the band initials (wolf cola) on the front of the bass drums. Felt good to get back into hand lettering and typography again.

tommasters

experienced
experienced

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:18 pm

NDDD!!!! (New Digital Drum Day!)

Roland TD-3 Kit with an added 3rd Cymbal and DW7000 double kick pedal. Once I got all the levels, sensitivities, and tunings programmed correctly into the module it sounded beast through the PA. Not bad for a tiny bit over $500 shipped. :yay:

Dude theres a few of us that also play drums in the DR.... Start up a Drums thread in there and we'll pitch in and then get him to start posting here. Plus he's also a bassist right?!?!
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muff_Diver » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 am

69 Ludwig Super classics.
Muff_Diver

experienced
experienced

Postby zrobb3 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:03 pm

^^ very nice!
zrobb3

committed
committed

Postby Muff_Diver » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:22 pm

I think I'm picking up a 28 concert bass to convert to a kick this week.

Has anyone ever used one or seen one in action? Ive played a few 26s and loved every one, but am I pushing reasonable boundaries here?
Muff_Diver

experienced
experienced

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Dark Castle used a converted 28" and it sounded pretty damn beast.

Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby iamthesnow » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:03 pm

here are my kits, starting with my main squeeze:

the gretsch is my main gigging kit and my ludwigs and slingerlands are the main stay in the jam room. the ddrum hangs around for random drum sessions but i'm pretty sure it's gonna get replaced with a rogers. i have a few spare drums and hand drums laying around too...

edit: finally no more shitty pics! ;)
iamthesnow

experienced
experienced

Postby Bon Hoga » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Premier Royale. It's a lovely kit, even with the shitty, ancient ebony emperors that are on it at the moment. Been trying to get my drummer to pony up for new heads and some decent cymbals and hardware, but that's a tall order.

Bon Hoga

committed
committed

Postby mws » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:38 am

Got a sweet deal on this guy. 22 (x17.5) x 18 floor x 14 rack. German-made Sonor Delite. Seems like they were owned by some LA studio guy. Creepy indecipherable signature on one of the heads.

mws

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear