Strymon Timeline - Talkin' Pre-Orders for Batch #2

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Strymon Timeline - Talkin' Pre-Orders for Batch #2

Postby lizardville » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:09 am

To be honest
I could only consider buy such an expensive pedal if I was a pro-musician.
as much as I love pedals I think is way excessive and has too many unnecessary features..
lizardville

committed
committed

Postby Holy Schnikes » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 am

Oh yeah, it's both excessive and expensive but it's soooooooo good. The looper is killer too, better than the DL4 I loved and relied on for years. I sold that Drasp DL4 and a Maxon AD999 and made more than enough to fund a TL. Well worth it, imo, and I'm no pro player.

A MIDI controller is a must to fully utilize a TL (esp looping) so that's even more $$ you get to spend, awesome!

For those interested, the DMC series by Matt at Disaster Area Amps is the only small footprint, multi-function controller I've found. Available in several models and fully custom, perfect for my needs. Tons of demos over on TGP but here's the basics with a DMC-3 (3 button version).

univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ilikewater » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Holy Schnikes wrote:Oh yeah, it's both excessive and expensive but it's soooooooo good. The looper is killer too, better than the DL4 I loved and relied on for years. I sold that Drasp DL4 and a Maxon AD999 and made more than enough to fund a TL. Well worth it, imo, and I'm no pro player.

A MIDI controller is a must to fully utilize a TL (esp looping) so that's even more $$ you get to spend, awesome!

For those interested, the DMC series by Matt at Disaster Area Amps is the only small footprint, multi-function controller I've found. Available in several models and fully custom, perfect for my needs. Tons of demos over on TGP but here's the basics with a DMC-3 (3 button version).

Thanks for that! I basically have been buying and selling every delay I've had because nothing has been satisfactory for everything I wanted to do. I figured I would just stop fucking around and consolidate the finances much like what you said.

The Timeline has so much going for it, so dropping the cash seems like a good investment.

I'm stoked like a fucking chimney.
Ilikewater

experienced
experienced

Postby Holy Schnikes » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:15 pm

No problem. This was my first foray into MIDI and the DMC makes it simple as can be. Small controller, fully programmed to your specs before it arrives. Truly plug-n-play, far simpler than I was expecting.

I got one of the first batch Timelines and I'm still blown away by everything it can do! Coming from a DL4, it's a pretty logical "next step" delay, not overly complicated really but option overload for awhile.

A simple analog delay (Malekko E600D) is the only other delay I use currently. I've found it hard to replace that one, regardless of the TL's pure awesomeness.
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby modernage » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Holy Schnikes wrote:No problem. This was my first foray into MIDI and the DMC makes it simple as can be. Small controller, fully programmed to your specs before it arrives. Truly plug-n-play, far simpler than I was expecting.

I got one of the first batch Timelines and I'm still blown away by everything it can do! Coming from a DL4, it's a pretty logical "next step" delay, not overly complicated really but option overload for awhile.

Dude, I'm so looking forward to when I'm finally able to upgrade to the Timeline. I've had the Space for just over a month, and I'm just now creating my own presets. It's probably a good thing I'm giving myself this time to personalize the Space before getting the Timeline, because who knows if it would ever get done.

Do you know of any smallerish controllers that would be able to control the Timeline and Space with one pedal? It would be great to have a single 6-8 switcher that I could use to sync tempo, change presets on either, and control looper function. Honestly I'm THIS close to throwing all my pedals in a rack, and going with some MIDI controlling setup for everything (ie: Liquid Foot, GLabs, Voodoo Labs Ground Control, etc). Honestly it would be pretty cool to go that direction. That way I could also create "patches" and turn on multiple pedals at once. Wouldn't look forward to the investment to get me there though, so I'm thinking baby steps for the moment.
modernage

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Holy Schnikes » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:30 pm

I hear you. My board has grown immensely and MIDI would really simplify things but I've been super resistant. Finally caved with this controller because I didn't have much choice but it's pretty cool thus far. I added a 5-channel True Bypass Looper which comes in handy, reduces noise and all the switching at least, but that's the closest I've come to any sort of switching system.

Not sure on a controller that will take on both the Space and Timeline but I've seen some discussion at TGP regarding a DMC model that can handle double duty with those pedals, maybe the 6 button version? Email Matt and he can fill you in, super nice guy and very informative, even for the midi beginner such as myself.
http://disasterareaamps.com/wordpress/

Peak controllers looks great too but they're a bit more expensive and significantly larger so I had to pass. Also not readily available in the States.
http://www.peak2005.com/j/

These are the best I've seen in a smaller format. Everything else consisted of a huge floor controller.
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to General Gear