Your dirt pedals

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Your dirt pedals

Postby univalve » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:14 pm

BlindtoFaith wrote:I have a tone of dirt pedals but here is what I am using at the Moment

Yes.
Sib! Varidrive > metasonix scrotum smasher
That's it for the band. :)
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:33 am

Bassus Sanguinis wrote:Dwarfcraft TGD >
Fuzzhugger fx Hugger >> in loop Fuzzhugger fx AB-SYnth > DOD Meat Box > Ibanez Standard Fuzz ><< from Hugger > Devi SPAE >> in loop St :animal: ngler ><<
>Devi TBD >> in loop McSpunckle br00tlz Mini Gnome > And Aardvarks ><<

...yeah, :animal: Let's overkill!

THIS IS AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wes Mantooth » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:23 am

Fuzzhugger Phantom Ring V2 (combo of Upper and ch 2 of the Phantom Arcade)--- Noisemaker Effects Noise Invaders--- Catalinbread Manx Loaghtan Fuzz---Death By Audio Fuzz War---Dwarfcraft Eau Claire Thunder

I use the PR for adding some texture and octave up or glitchy octave down to all the fuzz, it reacts to each one differently. I use the Noise Invaders paired with the PR for glitchy bit crushed, splatty fuzz. The Manx is just a versatile muff that has a very full cutting tone. The Fuzz War pairs really well with the Phantom Ring and by itself is definitely the most aggressive fuzz on my bored but lacks some mids. The ECT provides thick, doomy tones and the feedback loop is great for adding something different to my sound.

I'm planning on adding a Sparkle Motion booster to my dirt arsenal as soon as Brian releases them
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Haki » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:28 am

Used to be some fuzz pedals before the DLS, which served as an always on pedal, with whatever fuzz sound I was looking for at the time. Then I got the Fuck OD and haven't turned on the DLS since. Has it been mentioned that the Fuck OD is one crazy versatile pedals capable of blowing your ears off in all sorts of ways? So now it's pretty much Hoof Reaper -> Fuck OD, to keep things simple.

When I get some time off in the comings week I'll wire up the pedals that didn't make it to the main board properly and make a home version.
Haki

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:53 am

Achtane wrote:
Bassus Sanguinis wrote:Dwarfcraft TGD >
Fuzzhugger fx Hugger >> in loop Fuzzhugger fx AB-SYnth > DOD Meat Box > Ibanez Standard Fuzz ><< from Hugger > Devi SPAE >> in loop St :animal: ngler ><<
>Devi TBD >> in loop McSpunckle br00tlz Mini Gnome > And Aardvarks ><<

...yeah, :animal: Let's overkill!

THIS IS AWESOME

Thanks. I'm :love: :joy: madly in love with this set up, though I still think it misses a few sounds I'm after. We'll see. But yeah, it IS awesome in my opinion. I really, really, really should finally do a few demos, though, to back up the claims. :facepalm: :facepalm:

There is down side to it. It doesn't fit in small cases. The cases it fits in are hardly portable, if You have to walk a single mail (which I'd prefer, after the the bus drive). Even my one year old son laughed out loud when he saw the pedalcase. :lol: The other bass player of the band simply stated it will do for about a year, and I need a second pedalcase. :facepalm: And a car.
pedalcase.JPG
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkAxel » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:03 am

Haki wrote:Used to be some fuzz pedals before the DLS, which served as an always on pedal, with whatever fuzz sound I was looking for at the time. Then I got the Fuck OD and haven't turned on the DLS since. Has it been mentioned that the Fuck OD is one crazy versatile pedals capable of blowing your ears off in all sorts of ways? So now it's pretty much Hoof Reaper -> Fuck OD, to keep things simple.

When I get some time off in the comings week I'll wire up the pedals that didn't make it to the main board properly and make a home version.

hehe, cool :) i'd love a Hoof Reaper, seems like a very versatile fuzz :love: :love: but money don't allow
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby WayToHip » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:25 am

In literally no particular order, I have a Fender Blender RI, NYC Big Muff, fab fuzz, DS-1, and a ML-2. The order changes daily, I can't seem to find a perfect change.
Tom Dalton wrote:"I want to be as big as I can if it's going to stop a bullet."
WayToHip

experienced
experienced

Postby Big Mon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:59 am

Fuzzhugger Pipe Amp. My hands,my feet,my guitar's vol./tone(oftentimes coil tap-able pups). That's it. For now.
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:51 pm

just tested Pinnacle with our band (one of the last rehearsals with them)

shit was tight :) I tried to use DLS more and use every dirt as much as possible... huge success
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:17 pm

yr4545>cc/dc>WCPU>RingThing>MiniGnomeratron

MiniGnomeratron is essentially the death button in this setup, when I've had enough of the folky/country covers the lead singer tries to play, it comes on. The clean is left on enough that I can easily add the yr4545 or Wolfy if needed.

Ring thing is not dirt, per say, but unless I'm looking for chorusy or organ sounds it's used with dirt, running between a 5th and an octave up with sinewave modulation for awesome synth string sounds.

cc/dc gets the most use due to the nature of the band I'm in, they aren't for anything too wierd or different. Utah seems to be consistently 10yrs behind whatever trends are occuring in alternative music. So now we're starting to see early 2000's indie alternative getting popular here, and the cc/dc is perfect for getting rounded out overdriven tones, ala the strokes, the white-stripes, etc.

The Wolfy is my all-time favorite fuzz tone, if something doesn't play well with it, the Wolfy almost always wins. Always.

The yr4545 is the most fickle fuzz I've ever owned, but it is amazing at what it does. I have yet to find a use for it in the band I'm in, my bandmates write songs about 10 times faster than me so I always get stuck learning how to play buddy holly style riffs or cure type stuff instead of writing stuff that I want to play. I'm going to start doing solo-noise type stuff as soon as I finish making this soundtrack, it's supposed to be orchestral so the yr4545 will have to wait for my noise project.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Haki » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:23 pm

DarkAxel wrote:hehe, cool :) i'd love a Hoof Reaper, seems like a very versatile fuzz :love: :love: but money don't allow

It's a bit of money, but well worth it as it's not only cheaper than the two pedals individually but you get the added octave as well. The blem at $205 earlier this week was a fucking steal. But it's not just a versatility thing, each side is the tits in its own right.

Bassus Sanguinis wrote:Thanks. I'm :love: :joy: madly in love with this set up, though I still think it misses a few sounds I'm after. We'll see. But yeah, it IS awesome in my opinion. I really, really, really should finally do a few demos, though, to back up the claims. :facepalm: :facepalm:

There is down side to it. It doesn't fit in small cases. The cases it fits in are hardly portable, if You have to walk a single mail (which I'd prefer, after the the bus drive). Even my one year old son laughed out loud when he saw the pedalcase. :lol: The other bass player of the band simply stated it will do for about a year, and I need a second pedalcase. :facepalm: And a car.

Is that where you put your kid before you turned it into your pedalboard case? Would explain the strained facial expression.
Haki

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:14 am

Haki wrote:
DarkAxel wrote:hehe, cool :) i'd love a Hoof Reaper, seems like a very versatile fuzz :love: :love: but money don't allow

It's a bit of money, but well worth it as it's not only cheaper than the two pedals individually but you get the added octave as well. The blem at $205 earlier this week was a fucking steal. But it's not just a versatility thing, each side is the tits in its own right.

Bassus Sanguinis wrote:Thanks. I'm :love: :joy: madly in love with this set up, though I still think it misses a few sounds I'm after. We'll see. But yeah, it IS awesome in my opinion. I really, really, really should finally do a few demos, though, to back up the claims. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Is that where you put your kid before you turned it into your pedalboard case? Would explain the strained facial expression.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
oh no, of course not - the kids have a cozy tower room. Haunted, too, I specifically stressed the importance of being haunted to the seller. :p

For some reason just totally cracked when I walked in with the pedalcase, and I had to make the memory last. Guy laughed until I laughed too and it was hard to stop for me, too! He's been in love with the box for ever since AND with my pedals, as is his older sisters, too. Kids love to do noise sessions with me. I call it musical education. :) Singing bowl, didgeridoo, ostrich tuned acoustic guitar, power-starved music toys, pedals... it's great fun. And teaches them to think outside the box and not to take at face value everything they are told about music in the school etc.
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby phantasmagorovich » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:30 am

Bassus Sanguinis wrote: Kids love to do noise sessions with me. I call it musical education. :) Singing bowl, didgeridoo, ostrich tuned acoustic guitar, power-starved music toys, pedals... it's great fun. And teaches them to think outside the box and not to take at face value everything they are told about music in the school etc.

We should have our kids form a band. Mine loves my pedals as well.
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Zounds Perspex » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:36 pm

It has been Throbak Fuzz Haze =>Wattson Classic Fuzz =>Xotic EP Booster =>Hoof,
but I'm starting to use a humbucker guit these days and I think I'm going to have to change up. =/
Maybe partying will help.
Zounds Perspex

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fiddelerselbow » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm Just using a shoegazer at the moment mixed with a bit of chorus, might throw In a sovtek big muff though.
fiddelerselbow

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear