An Introduction

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: An Introduction

Postby rfurtkamp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Officer Bukowski wrote:lol that guy has like 3 machine guns behind his head in his avatar.

Vintage tax stamps give better tone.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:01 pm

I have no idea what that means. Sorry dude.
I make pedals. SHARK TANK
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:11 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act ; scroll down, right side. Anything fun requires a $200 tax stamp in the US.

And anything fun, they're all vintage, since '86 is vintage now in guitars too somehow.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mathias » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Thread off topic. Resolving:

I didn't want to hate on this web site: It's a good start, but as pointed out, it's lacking a lot of pedals. I think the issue there is that they have to go get permission to include manufacturer's pedals, and there's already a lot in there. But complaining that they don't have pedal X doesn't really help at this point unless you go ask them to get that pedal, or go to the manufacturer.

Now, technically, it's a neat little app, but I don't like the way you actually lay out the signal chain. Frequently the "move foward/ back / remove" box was off the screen to the left and I had to move the pedals, then change the order (putting the newly swapped pedal in the wrong spot) and then drag the pedal back into place again.

I'd much rather drop all my pedals on the page and then click and drag from inputs to outputs on each pedal. this could also facilitate the use of looopers, pedals with effects loops, feeedback loops, etc.

An example of this kind of thing working slick is in the way most graph / flow chart applications work. A given shape has any number of "nodes" on it from which you can attach a line. Then you click and drag to another node (if it doesn't end up on another node, don't draw a line.) The program figures out the best path for the line, which you've already seemingly got the logic for (but I'd suggest that gets tweaked too, because I often got weird little loops. I understand from my computer science degree that this kind of path-planning algorithm is not trivial. I'd suggest letting the pedalboard be a fixed grid, making the pedals "obsctacles" and using an algorithm like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A*_search_algorithm

I'd also like the ability to resize the pedalboard to a given "inches" size even if the pedals themselves are not perfectly scaled to the size they would be in real life.

Thanks! Hope these suggestions help.
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fattone77 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks everyone for the input. There are only 3 of us building this site in our spare time so it takes time.

Basically when it we decided to launch the site in beta (yes, its still a beta site), we had 2 choices:

1. Launch now with 400 pedals and add new ones as fast as we can (its a slow manual process) or...
2. Launch later with many more pedals. This would delay our launch by months.

We decided on choice number 1.

Phil
fattone77

committed
committed

Postby CBA » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:51 pm

rfurtkamp wrote:
CBA713 wrote: I call you an asshole because you badmouth a great fuzzbox dealer (Fat Tone) with your 9th post, and thus I am a hipster with panties.

Calling a massively incomplete site an incomplete site is bad, got it. Wasn't aware that was badmouthing, but hey.

Let's look at some numbers:

10 total units from Digitech, 49 from Boss, zero from Roland or Ibanez, no rack or vintage units at all, nothing but current production line that I'm guessing is ported from their inventory.

Now there's nothing "wrong" with this other than, well, literally hundreds of devices in common usage aren't accounted for. Hence, "virtually useless" in doing what it claims to do.

Thanks for contributing.

Same!

Well, first of all... THIS THERE. And THEN you say that such and such... but you CLEARLY some of those. Last time anyone posted about it was like yeah, and then two posts later you're like BUT SO. And then you had to go and post it BECAUSE, which THAT and THESE! Also, in your second paragraph, the one where it was, you went on with it.

If you're going to post here on ILF, you have to say those. Your immediate attitude, as shown by your 3 posts that were like from it, were THAT and then you accused me of THIS and then ALSO SOME OF IT! I was simply doing what, but you didn't even come close to why, so yes.

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby 01010111 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:13 pm

CBA713 wrote:
rfurtkamp wrote:Missing so much as to be basically worthless, sorry.

Geez. Who's THIS asshole?

C

He's from Idaho, that's all you need to know. Even Utahns look down on Idahoans. They think we steal their jobs, and we think they're retarded.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wes Mantooth » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:19 pm

fattone77 wrote:Thanks everyone for the input. There are only 3 of us building this site in our spare time so it takes time.

Basically when it we decided to launch the site in beta (yes, its still a beta site), we had 2 choices:

1. Launch now with 400 pedals and add new ones as fast as we can (its a slow manual process) or...
2. Launch later with many more pedals. This would delay our launch by months.

We decided on choice number 1.

Phil

Not a bad idea, at least from my view, I think it's cool :thumb:

I'd like to request Snazzy FX, Fuzzhugger, Death by Audio among others for my own selfish reasons :lol:
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby modernage » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:25 pm

rfurtkamp wrote:Just some random asshole who apparently excels at gettng hipster panties in a wad by merely existing and pointing out that a spade is sometimes a spade.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about, since everyone knows that hipsters don't even wear underwear. :lol:
modernage

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Fuzzy Picklez » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:29 pm

modernage wrote:
rfurtkamp wrote:Just some random asshole who apparently excels at gettng hipster panties in a wad by merely existing and pointing out that a spade is sometimes a spade.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about, since everyone knows that hipsters don't even wear underwear. :lol:

+1
Underwear is so 2010.
hbombgraphics wrote:paypal gift awakens a beast from underneath the earth that eats puppies
Fuzzy Picklez

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Officer Bukowski » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:35 pm

I'll let you guys in on a little secret...

The new hipster thing is gonna be basketball shorts instead of boxers.

It let's your junk breath and flow like you never thought possible. Seriously.. Fuck Hanes..

Try it :idk:
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Officer Bukowski wrote:I'll let you guys in on a little secret...

The new hipster thing is gonna be basketball shirts instead of boxers.

It let's your junk breath and flow like you never thought possible. Seriously.. Fuck Hanes..

Try it :idk:

fix'd
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Officer Bukowski » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:40 pm

DAYUM

that's edgy.
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tuffteef » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:45 pm

fuck off its gonna be faux moose leather stitched draw string trunks as underpants
tuffteef

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby modernage » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:01 pm

tuffteef wrote:fuck off its gonna be faux moose leather stitched draw string trunks as underpants

I think they already got'em down here in TN. :lol:
modernage

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear