An Introduction

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: An Introduction

Postby fattone77 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:07 pm

An update. We should have the following pedals up by tomorrow or Wednesday at EffectsLounge.com.

Hermida, Subdecay, Smallsound/Bigsound, Joe Meek, T-Rex. We're also completing lines by Catalinbread, Earthquaker and more. Each week, you'll find more pedals.

Phil
fattone77

committed
committed

Postby mathias » Mon May 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Some requests, since I see that you're using drupal:

Let my profile be a list of all the boards I've submitted.

Let me have that list of links to boards I've submitted somewhere -- there's pages out there, and people are commenting on them, but unless I bookmark them, I can't get back to that board's page.

Load board functionality doesn't seem to work, for me at least.

Have a list (View) of all the submitted boards on the site and maybe some exposed filters to drill down to boards that, for example, use a zvex pedal.

:thumb:
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fattone77 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Thanks Mathias. We are working on a My EffectsLounge view to show much of what you describe. We'll get there.

Phil
fattone77

committed
committed

Postby mathias » Mon May 09, 2011 5:08 pm

If you have any Drupal views questions, feel free to PM me. :thumb:
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fattone77 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:34 pm

We're up over 740 pedals now. Full selection of Wampler, Devi Ever, Catalinbread, Earthquaker. We also have Behrenger and Danalectro for you completists out there. Lots more search functionality on the drawing board as well as My EffectsLounge views. Thanks for playing.

Phil
fattone77

committed
committed

Postby CaptainWampum » Mon May 16, 2011 12:32 am

fattone77 wrote:We're up over 740 pedals now. Full selection of Wampler, Devi Ever, Catalinbread, Earthquaker. We also have Behrenger and Danalectro for you completists out there. Lots more search functionality on the drawing board as well as My EffectsLounge views. Thanks for playing.

Phil

Devi Ever is good, still can't put on regular big muff.

:idk:
CaptainWampum

experienced
experienced

Postby kbit » Mon May 16, 2011 12:51 am

Keep up the progress guys, good work :thumb:
Maybe you could add an option for a black box that you can put text into, so we could fill in for pedals we have but not on the site?

& this is close to mine currently:

~ My Aenima is currently broken, but planning on sending it in for repair this week (also has an oscillation switch).
~ I also have an Arion Flanger and Digitech Hyper Phase, but I'm not sure that I'm keeping the Digitech and I'm not sure where to put the Arion (maybe after the Echo?)
~ I have plans in the future to change it a bit: a low gain OD/fuzz (Mountain Range/Internet), possibly another modulation pedal (paredolia?), possibly more fuzz (less compressed, more open, more bass kind of thing)

Oh, & all of this is in the loop of an OHNOHO Utter Stutter :cool:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CaptainWampum » Mon May 16, 2011 2:04 am

After further use I think this is an awesome thing. The program needs refining, and the boards need to have different size options (I ran out of room fast) but I dig it. I could make a list of pedals that need to be on there, but I trust he'll get to it (But seriously, NYC Big Muff ;) )

KBI tell me about why you have verb first plz. Also full on Hall of Fame review kthxbai.

***EDIT***

Everything I wanted is on it, made my dream board.
CaptainWampum

experienced
experienced

Postby fattone77 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:24 am

Update to EffectsLounge as of May 24th. We have

- Total Pedals = 1019
- Total pedal brands represented = 70
- Total fuzz pedals = 104

Thanks to everyone who has checked this site out. We'll continually add new pedals. We are also adding new features. And best of all, we will announce a huge giveaway for the last half of June. Hint: you can win The Ultimate Pedalboard.

Phil
fattone77

committed
committed

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Tue May 24, 2011 5:35 pm

fattone77 wrote:Update to EffectsLounge as of May 24th. We have

- Total Pedals = 1019
- Total pedal brands represented = 70
- Total fuzz pedals = 104

Thanks to everyone who has checked this site out. We'll continually add new pedals. We are also adding new features. And best of all, we will announce a huge giveaway for the last half of June. Hint: you can win The Ultimate Pedalboard.

Phil

You're doing well :thumb: with this pace, You'll cover a significant lot of what is out there. Just keep up the good work, there's still a lot to do.

I understand if some of the built-per-order small boutique builders feel hard to add but surely some basic models should find their way in there?

Oh, and You nee the mystery pedal in there :lol: You know the unknown, unlabelled custom pedal that could work for anything not in the list yet ;)

How do You feel about adding the famous vintage pedals? They are the kind of stuff that might possibly deserve a database of their own - if You ask a vintage enthusiast - but it can be hard to come by not adding (among some others) these: Dallas Arbiter range master or Fuzz Face? Solasound Tone Bender Fuzz? Jordan Bosstone? Univox Super Fuzz? Ibanez Standard Fuzz? Maestro Brassmaster? Ampeg Scrambler?

Then a short list of brands I'd like to see in there, already double checked they shouldn't be on the webpage -at least, not yet - and I'd like to push the bold
Copilot fx
Crazy Tube CIrcuits
Creepy Fingers effects
D*A*M Differential Audio Manifestationz
dr Scientist
Earthbound Audio

Fuzzfaceless
Fuzzhugger fx
Ghosteffects
Hexe Guitar Electronics

Himmelstrutz
Jacques
McSpunckle fx
Mid-Fi electronics
Noisemaker Effects
OhNoHo

Pete Cornish
Red Witch Analog Pedals
Schaller
Secret Season Electronics
Seppuku Fx

Yerasov
...etc...

Yeah, I know - it looks pretty damn long list at the first glance and a lot of work to get even these brands in the listing... but we both know that's nowhere exhaustive list. :cool: :hug: take care, keep it up! :thumb:
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby fattone77 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Yup. Rolling up the sleeves and sharpening the pencil.
fattone77

committed
committed

Postby kbit » Tue May 24, 2011 8:11 pm

CaptainWampum wrote:KBI tell me about why you have verb first plz. Also full on Hall of Fame review kthxbai.

Well my Hall of Fame is last in my chain, but the Montavillian is first because I like the way the trails of the delay morph with the fuzz rather than just fade away like it does post-fuzz. & it works awesome pre fuzz in the loop of my utter stutter.

Not sure how good of a "full review" I could give on the Hall of Fame but I can share how I feel about it.
Regardless of the mode, I almost always have the tone knob between 8 o'clock and noon. I haven't used any other reverb pedals so I don't know if this is a hall of fame characteristic or a digital reverb characteristic, but I just simply don't like how it sounds with a brighter tone. Too... flash like or metallic I guess I would say. I don't use the plate setting at all because it sounds like this regardless of the tone knob. I wouldn't say it sounds awful, just not what I want in a reverb.

With all the verb modes, I tend to use the Room, Hall, and Church the most and occasionally use the spring and modulate modes. So I'll talk about those. I haven't really used the tone print slot yet but I plan to later today.

~ The Room mode is really full and booming with the short pre-delay, but you can dial it back with the decay & level controls. Really awesome for making chords sound huge.
~ The Hall mode seems slightly modulated, but its very subtle. While the decay isn't nearly as long as the Church mode, it's still very capable of atmospheric and ambient sounds and is very clean and fluid even with the decay knob maxed.
~ The Church mode is good for droning and wall of sound stuff with its long decay, but I think I prefer the tone of the Hall mode a bit more. Doesn't sound bad, though. It seems like the trail may fade away a bit "uneven" in very long settings, but its not really noticeable unless you hit muted strings to listen to the trail.

~ I often use the Spring mode when using the bridge pickup on my tele just to accentuate that kind of tone. Not the often, but sounds decent. A little bit of the metal sound but not much.
~ I use the Modulate mode for wall of sound stuff just for extra character. Honestly, I think it sounds like crap unless the tone is below 10 o'clock, and then its only ok. It sounds a bit cheesy. My biggest problem with this mode is that I think the speed of the modulation is too fast and you can't adjust the speed. Its not unusable, but its far from perfect. However, it does sound awesome when used with the utter stutter. Very synth like.

So overall it has some great stuff going on (especially the Room & Hall modes) and I'm happy with it, but it's not an end all reverb. I'd still really like to try out a Cathedral, but other than that I'm not looking to replace it any time soon.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear