Hall of Fame vs. Cathedral

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Hall of Fame vs. Cathedral

Postby bpamier » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:04 pm

I can't help it. I like to buy gear.

I played with a Hall of Fame today and loved the church and modulation modes, however I already own a Cathedral, which is supposedly one of the best reverbs out there.

What could I get out of the Hall of Fame that I can't already get out of my Cathedral (and yes, I have tons of chorus options to duplicate the modulated reverb on the HoF).
bpamier

involved
involved

Re: Hall of Fame vs. Cathedral

Postby bdunlap » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:38 pm

If you have a Cathedral I don't think you really need to get a HoF. It has a lower pricetag, some modes that the Cathedral doesn't have (like lofi and ducking spring), true bypass, a small footprint, but they're both pretty similar in what they do. Cathedral has more options though, and the infinite mode and presets are real nice to have. I think you're gonna be fine with the Cathedral. Although I'm picking up a HoF, what you have is good already imo.
bdunlap

committed
committed

Re: Hall of Fame vs. Cathedral

Postby bpamier » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:10 pm

thanks for your opinion. the more i play around with my board, i am starting to feel the same (i've got a couple more reverbs other than the cathedral as well). i'm pretty sure this means i can free up money for a vortex or maybe a dr. scientist or two.

imo, the hall of fame seems to have quick access to cool settings. presets are the equivalent to this on the cathedral. both pedals seem to bring the awesome.
bpamier

involved
involved

Return to General Gear