FLAMING LIPS STOMPBOX?!?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: FLAMING LIPS STOMPBOX?!?

Postby Toonster » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Gearmond wrote:i never got the Pink Floyd comparison other than "hey, stoners like 'em"

the lips haven't had one obscenely popular album based around the sounds of one track off of a previous album, then milked that for all its worth for the rest of their career.

they have decade-ish long phases and their influence runs so deep, you never really notice it. hence The Who

Watch your mouth I am going to a Roger Waters gig tomorrow :lol: With my dad ;)
Toonster

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chumley » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Lips are okay. Never loved The Who. *shrug*
I want a giant bunny and I want a bunch of regular bunnies and they will form a hive mind and the giant bunny will be the queen bunny and they will attack in swarms.
Chumley

experienced
experienced

Postby theavondon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 am

Chumley wrote:Lips are okay. Never loved The Who. *shrug*

Shrug indeed. Because opinions about music really, honestly don't fucking matter at all. They're opinions, not actual things.
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dorfmeister » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:52 pm

unownunown wrote:woah, you mehed at a flaming lips live? :whoa:

i would probably kill a small animal to see them live. and i'm a vegetarian.

I saw them live in 1989 in a really small bar in Iowa that no longer exists. They came on stage really late and played for maybe 45 minutes. It sounded like everything was routed through a fuzz pedal (kind of like a Superfuzz or something) and every once in a while somebody must have stomped a pedal and the fuzz got fuzzier. When I say everything was routed through the fuzz pedal I mean everything. It was very loud and they did not talk to or interact with the audience at all.

I like both the Flaming Lips and the Who.
dorfmeister

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kosta » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:10 pm

+1 for Flaming Lips. +1 for The Who. Saw the Flaming Lips a few times back in the 90's and slept through them more than once. :lol: Oops. Love the records though. I was just mad tired. Hahahhaa.

Also - why is this pedal so f'n complicated???? Who's gonna use all of that in one pedal?
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 pm

i was lucky enough to get to open for the lips for 2 nights in london and i don't understand how anyone could NOT be into their stage show... :?: at least they're trying something different!

i've never been the biggest fan, but i dig their jams enough - live, though... a whole other experience. they put a lot of work into that stuff and the best part about them is that their entire crew and everyone involved with them is pretty much from the same town in oklahoma. they roll with their homeys and i just think that's really awesome.

that PCB design is looking NICE, btw.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:22 pm

The Lips opened my very first concert ever in 1993. I was 13, and the lineup was Flaming Lips / Stone Temple Pilots / Butthole Surfers :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fuzzy Picklez » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:24 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:The Lips opened my very first concert ever in 1993. I was 13, and the lineup was Flaming Lips / Stone Temple Pilots / Butthole Surfers :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Wow.
hbombgraphics wrote:paypal gift awakens a beast from underneath the earth that eats puppies
Fuzzy Picklez

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kosta » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:39 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:The Lips opened my very first concert ever in 1993. I was 13, and the lineup was Flaming Lips / Stone Temple Pilots / Butthole Surfers :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

I def remember seeing them open for the Butts that summer. Not sure if STP was on the bill too when I saw them. 90's-palooza!
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby CaptainWampum » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:57 pm

Super stoked for this pedal.

Also, fuck you. Lips and Butts are two of my favorite bands. I wish I coulda seen the Surfers back in their glory days. But I think 2 is too young to be on acid.
CaptainWampum

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:45 pm

So, electronics design by Chris Taylor. I guess that's the Grizzly Bear guy. Not sure about Dylan Mackey and George Salisbury.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear