Lovepedal Amp 11 = Timmy

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Lovepedal Amp 11 = Timmy

Postby unownunown » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 am

Gunner Recall wrote:The pipe amp is a fleshlight clone.
I've seen proof.

can we put a fleshlight IN a pipe amp?

so that one can pump while they play?
mathias wrote:I heard that Tom Dalton read a book on how to grow online communities around your business. But he thought it was too much work so he just created a forum full of alts. You and I are the only real people.
unownunown

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Wizard » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:07 am

htsamurai wrote:and the VTF is a coffee maker

htsamurai wrote:oh yeah, the 4545 is actually a TS9 w/ true buffered true bypass.

this is why i love you HT

personally i decided diode clipping doesnt matter in my coffee maker and i just took some OC81D's out of a tonebeneder for a mojo mod.
I've got a fuzzbox and i'm not afraid to use it

jrmy wrote:And unlike the rest of the country, we recognize Sarcasm as a crucial building block of spoken language. Kind of like umami in cooking.
Wizard

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Wizard » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:11 am

Cloning is bad.

KLONING HOWEVER....
I've got a fuzzbox and i'm not afraid to use it

jrmy wrote:And unlike the rest of the country, we recognize Sarcasm as a crucial building block of spoken language. Kind of like umami in cooking.
Wizard

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:25 am

Wizard wrote:Cloning is bad.

KLONING HOWEVER....

Was that your 1300th post? If so, rad.
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Teej212 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:04 am

bubstance wrote:
Teej212 wrote:eh. if you watch most booteek pedals being traced you have a moment where youre like "hey, that looks familiar"

with the builders on ILF, its always great to see original designs when their pedals are opened up.

You do know that most of the products of at least one makers here are clones with only a few mods, right?

if youre referring to the modded muffs, then yes i am aware. but the difference is he advertises them as muffs, and he actually does interesting modifications to it, things that you cant get anywhere besides EQD. also most of their products arent clones
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 am

Could they claim synchronicity?

It could be possible the same thoughts were formed and acted upon...right?
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby culturejam » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:24 am

Bellyheart wrote:Could they claim synchronicity?

It could be possible the same thoughts were formed and acted upon...right?

For it to be synchronicity, it would have to have happened at the same time. The Timmy has been on the market for years now.

It's *possible* that Lovepedal magically arrived at the exact same circuit as the Timmy by accident. I would be more inclined to believe that if the "designer" of the circuits had ever shown a hint of originality in his other circuits.

Basically, Lovepedal sells multiple versions of the Church of Tone (Electra Distortion* original) and Eternity (modded Screamer), with a few other things thrown in (tremolo, vibe, etc). And now he also sells a Timmy clone with an Electra stuck in front for a boost.

This guy's specialty and real talent is in marketing. He's a fucking genius in that department. He's got a mob of customers who can't wait to pay him good money to sell them the same pedal they bought from him 6 months ago. It's brilliant. Really douchey and dishonest, but still brilliant (from a laissez-faire capitalist viewpoint, that is).

*I'm not sure about the timing of the release of the COT, but I would not be surprised if the idea came from seeing the Beavis Audio "Trotsky Drive", which is an Electra with an added gain control.
Disclaimer #1: Co-Founder, Product Developer at Function f(x).
Disclaimer #3: I do sporadic, infrequent contract work for Black Arts Toneworks
Check out my photo gear on the cheap site: Tight Camera
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cheesecats » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 am

Well, I don't care about all the sturm und drang--all I know is I recently bought a chocolate brown one knob COT50 for $100 on ebay and it's the best sounding boost/overdrive I've ever played. There are plenty of other chi chi pedal makers basically recycling circuits. What's funny is how people try to flip the lovepedals for a 50% profit on ebay shortly after a "limited run." That's not the builder's fault. I choose not to buy or even to not pay any attention rather than engage in energy-sapping negativism. Besides, it's not going to change anyone's mind, which generally aren't very open. I mean, they're just guitar pedals after all, not demon spawn.
cheesecats

experienced
experienced

Postby Haki » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:40 pm

unownunown wrote:
Gunner Recall wrote:The pipe amp is a fleshlight clone.
I've seen proof.

can we put a fleshlight IN a pipe amp?

so that one can pump while they play?

It's been done, available as a custom order.

NSFW: show
Haki

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:38 pm

So Sean combined one of their pedals with the timmy? What's the main difference between the electra and the cot?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gunner Recall » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Jero wrote:So Sean combined one of their pedals with the timmy? What's the main difference between the electra and the cot?

There's a difference? :p
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

Postby culturejam » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Jero wrote:So Sean combined one of their pedals with the timmy? What's the main difference between the electra and the cot?

The original Electra didn't have a gain control. Various component values have been changed over the versions of the COT, but they're all (as far as I've seen) based on the Electra, which is a single transistor boost stage with clipping diodes.

Hell, the Les Luis is an Electra/COT, but with an added foostswitchable boost and a toggle switch to select different clipping diodes. The hilarious thing is that the bypass switching circuit is several times more complex than the effect circuit. :lol:

Also, it's interesting that the PCB has "Vintage Valve" screened on it. :idk:
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Doesn't the cot have several additional components tacked on (besides the gain)? I suppose extra resisters for the bias, but the electrolytics...? Maybe the layout I have for them is wrong.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby culturejam » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Jero wrote:Doesn't the cot have several additional components tacked on (besides the gain)? I suppose extra resisters for the bias, but the electrolytics...? Maybe the layout I have for them is wrong.

You'd have to point me to the schematics or layouts. But adding a filter cap and a polarity protection diodes don't affect the tone. The biasing is done with three resistors, which is the same as the Electra. I think the only difference really is that some versions of the COT add an emitter bypass cap to boost the gain in lower frequencies.
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Fuzzy Picklez » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Wut?
hbombgraphics wrote:paypal gift awakens a beast from underneath the earth that eats puppies
Fuzzy Picklez

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear