squier jazzmaster demo

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: squier jazzmaster demo

Postby elbandito » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:59 pm

Gearmond wrote:so whats the deal with squier actually making good guitars these days?

anyone play the vintage vibe thinline 70's teles? :!!!: :!!!: amazin

Squiers from the 80's and mid 90's are highly sought after. The ones in the 80's were amazing quality and the ones in the 90's were quirky, cool, and used good, solid wood. It seems like after that, they moved factories or something, used lesser quality parts, cheaper woods (3 or 4 piece bodies) and generally started going downhill fast.

The Classic Vibe series are great guitars - Made from solid pieces of pine, usually two pieces, decent pickups, nice necks and excellent playability. Even some of the Affinity series guitars were excellent players. They're stepping up their game again, it seems.

I'll bet that even though I wouldn't buy a stop-tail JM, that these guys are pretty decent guitars. I'll put money down that most ppl would probably buy new pups after a year or so, though. The neck sounded decent enough but that bridge pickup definitely didn't do it for me.
superheavyFUNK
Fuzczk & F!zz

I am ELBAN, THE TROLL SLAYER!!!!
- fide fuzz semper fidelis - ILF downtime 2011 on FB veteran

hey, i'm cool! follow me on twitter: @ricardo_bandito
elbandito

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: squier jazzmaster demo

Postby ashdown » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:22 pm

i play my bullet strat i got for $40 all day errday. this jazzmaster looks nice but my stupid brain can't get over the jack
behndy wrote:well played suh.
ashdown

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Gear