Page 1 of 3074

Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:19 pm
by Mudfuzz
This is something he have been doing on Talkbass for a long time and I thought I might be fun here.
Basically you post what you have coming and/or going in the post.

Sound fun? :ilf:

Why Do I think this is good idea?
Well.. not everyone is going to start a thread on every pedal/other gear they get every time they get it, and.. it helps those that might have a question on a pedal/other gear but not want to start a thread but might want to know who has actually used one.

Eh?

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 pm
by htsamurai
Image

:cry: :( :(



wait I meant the 13" ones, those are 14s


massive gas.


whats coming in right now?
no pics yet, but a Starclassic maple snare :omg:

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:50 pm
by foomanfat
Inzies: big box Rat with JHS mods courtesy of oldskool
Now I can do sweet, sweet Nick Thieneman tones.

I'm also GASing hard for a Xaviere XV-JT60 http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-JT60-Twin-Humbuckers-Capri-orange-Alder-Body_p_1110.html

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:26 pm
by mutmoo
Malekko Omicron Trem (which I will be ordering soon :omg: )
Devi Ever Torn's Peaker/White Spider
Dwarfcraft Shiva

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:04 pm
by jarder
I got a Skreddy Echo en route that gets harder and harder to wait for every day.

I am also gassing for a Whetstone and a Bit, and I am very intrigued by the Proteus.

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:32 pm
by devnulljp
Mudfuzz wrote:Ok In: Elk Wau Fuzz.
Initial thoughts: holy cunking frap! This thing is sick! Sick I say!

Ok first what does it sound like? This is a question I have been wondering about for a few years and why I finally just got up and got one.
It sounds like a supperfuzz.
...
The down side for picky, whiny prima donnas that miss out on great tones due to them being whiny prima donnas:
Battery only [hey it's from the 70's]
It is big [hey it's from the 70's]
It is not true-bypass [hey it's from the 70's]
The treadle doesn't stay where you leave it [I'm going to fix this]
The fuzz in those is very similar to a Superfuzz, only somehting like a diode or two out of place between the two. They sound great. The wah, not so much -- I never did like those 70s Japanese transformer wahs.
But, stock, it should be true bypass -- all the old Ibanez stuff was. Check the switch again. Way ahead of their time. The treadle's a pretty easy fix -- I thnk there's a strap under there and a screw -- tighten that and you're golden.

Oh, and I have these on the way

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:15 pm
by Mudfuzz
devnulljp wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:]The fuzz in those is very similar to a Superfuzz, only somehting like a diode or two out of place between the two. They sound great. The wah, not so much -- I never did like those 70s Japanese transformer wahs.
But, stock, it should be true bypass -- all the old Ibanez stuff was. Check the switch again. Way ahead of their time. The treadle's a pretty easy fix -- I thnk there's a strap under there and a screw -- tighten that and you're golden.

Cool about the bypass then! Actually I really like the wah a lot :idk: I let my guitarist mess with it for a while and she came up with all these whale sounds :thumb: really neat. It reminds me of when I use my moog mp101 as a wah, not quite the range but still phat'n funky.

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:56 am
by Gunner Recall
ooohh, a "what's in the mail" thread, I love these.

It's just a mockup of what we're going for, but the final etch and assembly shouldn't be too far away.

Image

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:19 am
by Jero
Gunner Recall wrote:ooohh, a "what's in the mail" thread, I love these.
It's just a mockup of what we're going for, but the final etch and assembly shouldn't be too far away.
Image

Coolest ever, how much for me to haz?

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:39 am
by htsamurai
Gunner Recall wrote:ooohh, a "what's in the mail" thread, I love these.

It's just a mockup of what we're going for, but the final etch and assembly shouldn't be too far away.

Image






no clue what you're gonna stick in there, but that enclosure is so sex I want one.
price?

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:46 am
by sevenSHARPnine
Image

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:05 am
by spacelordmother
Out: Devi VFM w/ chaos

In: Spunky Samurai TB momentary feedback looper

Coming: Big-box polychorus, T1M rehoused FCB1010, Devi Helios.

GAS: Devi War Horse, custom Great Wall v3

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:18 am
by theavondon
Out: Ibanez ATK, a cheap modded Dean, Russian BMP, DE DN, Line 6 Echo Park. (soon even more...)

In: a motherfucking Gibson Grabber.

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:27 am
by Ghost Hip
I just bought these. I was going to buy a new skateboard.... then I found the Small Clone for $35...

Image

So I went looking for another pedal to buy and...
Image

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:20 pm
by Mudfuzz
Mudfuzz wrote:
devnulljp wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:]The fuzz in those is very similar to a Superfuzz, only somehting like a diode or two out of place between the two. They sound great. The wah, not so much -- I never did like those 70s Japanese transformer wahs.
But, stock, it should be true bypass -- all the old Ibanez stuff was. Check the switch again. Way ahead of their time. The treadle's a pretty easy fix -- I thnk there's a strap under there and a screw -- tighten that and you're golden.

Cool about the bypass then! Actually I really like the wah a lot :idk: I let my guitarist mess with it for a while and she came up with all these whale sounds :thumb: really neat. It reminds me of when I use my moog mp101 as a wah, not quite the range but still phat'n funky.

The tension "tab" bolt was broken, I replaced the bolt now all is peachy and swell! Also the PCboard Said Maxon on it!
:dance: :ilf: :dance: :ilf: :dance: :ilf: :dance: :ilf: :dance: :ilf: :dance: :ilf: :dance: :ilf: