Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:47 pm

Smaller wah is smallerer. Sounds exactly the same :thumb:
Attachments
DSCF1026.JPG
DSCF1026.JPG (103.48 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:07 pm

much smallerer :)*
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:44 am

Is it practical? I mean, easy to dial with? I want to grab a small exp pedal but I'm always doubtful about me (my feet) being able to work with it
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:58 am

Dowi wrote:Is it practical? I mean, easy to dial with? I want to grab a small exp pedal but I'm always doubtful about me (my feet) being able to work with it

That is the question, it is different that is for sure. I think for a expresion pedal I'd hate it. But this is a spring loaded wah which even in thr full size is its own beast... Also i need to try it with my board on the grownd :lol: i have the board stacked on my other board with the lid on (space issues) one thing i am wondering about is mybe a riser under the heel to tip it forward to stablize it :idk: or maybe if i didnt have big feet... One thing that slightly bugs my is it makes a sweep noise if you move it without making a sound from your instrument like old wah pedals where my original doesnt do that, its quiet.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:08 am

I'm not sure a raiser could help stabilizing it. I remember my main problem with the crybaby (I m talking about ages ago) was that I had to go with all my weight on it to engage itso a raiser would make it even harder, but I guess if your is spring loaded you won't have this problem. :idk:
That being said, your answer confirmed my doubts on small expression pedals :thumb:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:00 pm

i got the Weber California mounted in the 1x12 cabinet, and it is just heckin' wonderful. it goes with the little Hammond reverb chassis amp Charlie gave me like ham and swiss cheese. i have always liked JBL D120s, and this is about as near as dammit as one can find. dig it: my *supervisor at work* GAVE ME an amp head and a D120 clone just because he wasn't using them and thought i might.

tell you what, though: screwing in the nuts to install a speaker with a great honkin' magnet is a huge pain in the ass. every time you get the wrench in there it tries to leap out of your hand and have sexual congress with the voice coil.
like a cat
tied to a stick
that's driven into
frozen winter shit
the ability to laugh at weakness
calm, fitter, healthier and more productive
a pig in a cage on antibiotics

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:34 pm

dubkitty wrote:i got the Weber California mounted in the 1x12 cabinet, and it is just heckin' wonderful. it goes with the little Hammond reverb chassis amp Charlie gave me like ham and swiss cheese. i have always liked JBL D120s, and this is about as near as dammit as one can find. dig it: my *supervisor at work* GAVE ME an amp head and a D120 clone just because he wasn't using them and thought i might.

tell you what, though: screwing in the nuts to install a speaker with a great honkin' magnet is a huge pain in the ass. every time you get the wrench in there it tries to leap out of your hand and have sexual congress with the voice coil.

:lol: Try it with a 800w 18" :lol:
Weber makes great stuff, my guitarist used their blue dogs with open back cabs with Marshalls and got such a nice sound.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:54 pm

i'm scared by the *idea* of toting an 18" cabinet back and forth to the car.
like a cat
tied to a stick
that's driven into
frozen winter shit
the ability to laugh at weakness
calm, fitter, healthier and more productive
a pig in a cage on antibiotics

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:58 pm

Well no that part isn't fun. but that's called being a bassist... all the good cabs weigh a ton.. I had a light weight mesa cab once... it never sounded right and had a rattle I could find so I sold it and got a big heavy peavey thingy that was a pita to move around but the band liked it better :idk:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:12 pm

This little feller showed up today. Going make some feedbacks.
Attachments
A1896CAA-5DCA-4EEF-8F87-61FB72E6043E.jpeg
A1896CAA-5DCA-4EEF-8F87-61FB72E6043E.jpeg (99.1 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Blood_mountain

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:26 pm

excellent choice :excellent:
On an other board, in another time:
"I also have a Fat Goat HB/P90 on my bastardized f-hollowed V, which is made of God-knows what kind of wood and of how many pieces. That guitar sounded OK when I installed one Shlabotnik pup on it; it actually became alive, very soaring; but I ended up preferring the Fat Goat, which gives me a darker, more "barking" tone as well as more "CHANK" and (maybe) better dynamics when played clean."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:58 pm

Blood_mountain wrote:This little feller showed up today. Going make some feedbacks.

I've really been loving that one as a utility pedal. I made a giant board of dirt and had that as the start and the rest of the board in the loop and it was incredible to explore the different feedback of different dirts and have the dry blend. I'm surprised this pedal doesn't get more love. Matrise too. That thing is a game changer.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:26 am

Blackened Soul wrote:Well no that part isn't fun. but that's called being a bassist...

^^^

But at least we're not drummers

(actually I currently only own light 1x15 and 1x12 :erm: )
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:33 am

Traded for a JMJ Road Worn Mustang bass - the relic job is pretty corny but it's got a satin neck and the only normal Mustang pickup arrangement available - and bought an Acoustic B100C amp.

Shocked that the Acoustic sounds great for the cheapest practice amp Guitar Center had in stock and the Mustang weighs less than either of my guitars.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby fcknoise » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:52 am

jirodreamsofdank wrote:Traded for a JMJ Road Worn Mustang bass - the relic job is pretty corny but it's got a satin neck and the only normal Mustang pickup arrangement available - and bought an Acoustic B100C amp.

Shocked that the Acoustic sounds great for the cheapest practice amp Guitar Center had in stock and the Mustang weighs less than either of my guitars.

Oh mustang baasses look so sick. I love a shortscale bass also.
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear