· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:23 am

I broke my long pedal celibacy to get an EAE Longsword, this thing fucking rips :rock:

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:40 am

crochambeau wrote:His wait time was pushing 6 months; that included some development/natural process time, but still way too fucking long.

I've been having/fighting some mental "obstacles" the past year or so, and am going to resist the build to order format for a while and focus on short run of various designs.

The Monobius will be built in two flavors, the five knob/three switch standard, and the nine knob/six switch blown out variety. I'm really fond of shipping same or next day I get an order, and am going to bask in that at the expense of purchasers having input on finish or what device is next in line for a while.

Been really intrigued by your pedals, especially the Hogshead and Mudlark.

I've followed your Reverb store to hopefully try to score them - however, please let me know if it's better to contact you to order them ( :

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Mudlark is dope :) it's a very unique fuzz

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Spaceman stuff is so well put together:

I prefer this Gemini IV to the previous Gemini III (which is going for silly amounts of money on the used market). Too bad it got a little bigger, but I love the expanded control on this one, which would have been hard to pull off in the old size.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Went into a local shop to buy a guitar stand and came out with a new acoustic earlier today. Simon and Patrick Songsmith in faded Bourbon burst:

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 am

Hey ILFamily, been on holiday for a couple of weeks and now I'm buried by work etc, so I missed most of last month.
Meanwhile I managed to sell some stuff so i finally have a Particle 2 incoming, can't wait to put my hands on it and see if it's really what I'm looking for.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 am

I got an ebow. It's really weird and cool! took it to rehearsal and there's defo a couple tunes it can work on.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:18 am

I recommend doing my $1 mod to it, where you add a starve knob to the battery. I can't embed the YT video, but it allows you to get all the normal sounds plus all the oscillating, glitchy, subby and octave-y stuff you get as the battery is dying. It's gross and amazing.

https://youtu.be/p--aW9_MKTM

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:37 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I recommend doing my $1 mod to it, where you add a starve knob to the battery. I can't embed the YT video, but it allows you to get all the normal sounds plus all the oscillating, glitchy, subby and octave-y stuff you get as the battery is dying. It's gross and amazing.

I still need to do this to mine

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:08 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I recommend doing my $1 mod to it, where you add a starve knob to the battery. I can't embed the YT video, but it allows you to get all the normal sounds plus all the oscillating, glitchy, subby and octave-y stuff you get as the battery is dying. It's gross and amazing.

thanks! i remember seeing this before i think. mine's literally brand new so i may wait for the warranty to expire before cutting holes and whatnot

edit: oh wow that's hardly an invasive mod haha :lol:

Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Yeah I don't know why I haven't bought an eBow yet ..

Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:24 am

Saw this and I just couldn't resist..it's #22
I honestly think I could easily live with a board with 3 Bitquests and nothing else
Attachments
img_20190719_121207-01.jpg
img_20190719_121207-01.jpg (178.27 KiB) Viewed 3038 times

Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:58 am

ooh--my favorite Bitquest look :love:

Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:49 pm

incoming: No. 59 Ibanez Standard Fuzz.

I'm not even THAT into vintage pedals, what with all the superior and cheaper booteek alternatives out there these days.
But yeah...The pedal's mojo caught me off guard. Don't browse reverb/ebay while drunk kids :facepalm:

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:21 am

I grabbed a secondhand quilter microblock for peace of mind at gigs. It sounds pretty nice through my vibrolux cab. I was worried it wouldn't do a good job of cleans but it ain't bad. Not quite as sparkly as i like (i set amps quite trebly and roll back the guitar tone) but still very nice for something the size of a pedal. it has wobbly knob syndrome which makes me a little bit worried about build quality but we'll see about that i guess!
Post a reply