· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:43 pm

Prymaxe lured me in with "exclusive" 25% off bait, so there may be a Way Huge Purple Platypus and Conspiracy Theory inbound soon if they're actually in stock.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:53 am

Purple platypus is dope. Wise choice my man.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:20 am

BetterOffShred wrote:Purple platypus is dope. Wise choice my man.

Thanks. Have you built one? I'm curious to learn what type of octave circuit it incorporates, e.g., Green Ringer, COB, or Scrambler.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:11 pm

It uses the NPN/PNP setup like the foxx. Yeah I built one hehe.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:51 am

Bought a new guitar yesterday :eek:

I've been planning to get one for a while, so I went to a shop to try stuff out and get a feel for it and then probably go away and get a deal on the internet. It was actually the first guitar I tried and as soon as I played it I was strongly considering it. When I heard the price I made up my mind! Yay slightly impulsive purchases.

Les Paul Tribute:

Really impressed with everything about it, it's a lovely guitar. Personally I actually like how it looks a lot more than any of the other more flash models but that's just personal preference (no binding = good).

Just set it up with new strings in drop C this morning. :!!!:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:55 am

:rock:

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:30 am

I got this 1940s? toy piano at a thrift store yesterday. Half of the keys didn't work but I figured it could only be but so complicated. The keys push up some metal pins that boop the metal comb to produce sound; the varnish(or whatever finish) that coats the pin rail has turned into a sticky, goopy mess, so I drilled the holes slightly larger to get rid of it. Now it works almost 100% again, just needs a little tweaking.

I like the way it sounds, like a tiny xylophone. I'm either gonna rehouse the action in a smaller box or just saw the legs off and turn it into a mic'd tabletop unit.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Sick :love:

I bet 3 or 4 contact mics strategically placed with a piezo preamp would make it even more baller.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:02 pm

Yasssss gurrrl, you know it.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:06 am

I bought a sack of the 30mm joints and wired a couple up in parallel with a piezo preamp.. so good. Tape them on to anything.. Boom instant noise.

I'm excited to see this project

Maybe they were 35mm

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 am

Catch from this week and the past month. So far very happy with all of them.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Fricking MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Spacelordmother let me know there was an Axo Core for sale on another forum. Worra was a member on that forum and struck the deal on my behalf. Love my ILF peeps! Thanks for looking out! :group:

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:17 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Spacelordmother let me know there was an Axo Core for sale on another forum. Worra was a member on that forum and struck the deal on my behalf. Love my ILF peeps! Thanks for looking out! :group:

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:29 pm

I'm a sucker for a great fuzz. Expensive, but way cheaper than the original unobtainium Gemini III, and with a better feature set:
Post a reply