What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:48 am

Now that's a hot purple pedal right there. :snax:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:21 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Now that's a hot purple pedal right there. :snax:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby doralin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:18 am

BetterOffShred wrote:All my RMA stuff came today. Just look at this stuff.. Jesus Christ. Each one a masterpiece. :love: I'm going to spend a little time with this monster monobius and see what gnarl from the void I can pull.. Curtis is the man

Wow!

That’s enough inspiration to lock myself up for a month :!!!:

What was the wait time? And please if you could report back on first impressions :)*
doralin

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 am

Chankgeez wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Now that's a hot purple pedal right there. :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:46 am

doralin wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:All my RMA stuff came today. Just look at this stuff.. Jesus Christ. Each one a masterpiece. :love: I'm going to spend a little time with this monster monobius and see what gnarl from the void I can pull.. Curtis is the man

Wow!

That’s enough inspiration to lock myself up for a month :!!!:

What was the wait time? And please if you could report back on first impressions :)*

His wait time was pushing 6 months; that included some development/natural process time, but still way too fucking long.

I've been having/fighting some mental "obstacles" the past year or so, and am going to resist the build to order format for a while and focus on short run of various designs.

The Monobius will be built in two flavors, the five knob/three switch standard, and the nine knob/six switch blown out variety. I'm really fond of shipping same or next day I get an order, and am going to bask in that at the expense of purchasers having input on finish or what device is next in line for a while.
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Sounds cool--I can sympathize with the block conundrum--everything's getting more and more complex and it seems like I fight shutdown daily. :hug: I mean, I really only want max complexity in my ring mods :lol:
Where should we watch to get on the alert as new batches are made available?
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:30 pm

It wasn't that bad of a wait. Curtis was really putting the screws to that circuit and I'm glad he did. The 9 knob is so intuitive in both modes and I just really can't say enough how happy I am with all of these boxes. I consider myself somewhat of a ring mod connessuir, and the monobius does everything I like and then a whole set of things I never dreamed of. I played with it for a good solid 4 hours straight last night.. only breaking to play the Mudlark and tetanus for a bit.. But then right back into monobius. I haven't messed with the carrier in yet but I built some drone boxes with LFO's in anticipation of this feature set.

For any of you madmen out there that want a bananas fuzz/ring mod/octave scenario I can't recommend this monobius variant enough. It's a very inspiring device. I'll quit gushing .. for now ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Dandolin wrote:Sounds cool--I can sympathize with the block conundrum--everything's getting more and more complex and it seems like I fight shutdown daily. :hug: I mean, I really only want max complexity in my ring mods :lol:
Where should we watch to get on the alert as new batches are made available?

:hug:

I'll update my instagram, and facebook pages when single unit trickle stuff surfaces, and update my sub-forum here when I have a run of things complete - one of such a run will also be listed on reverb for random encounters.

Once I churn through a couple more special order things I'll try and start posting a semi-regular behind the scenes developmental updates as well.

I guess to steer the thread back on topic I'll share some recent acquisition of my own:

Sony SQA-100 quad sound decoder, I'm hoping I can tickle some sort of separation out of this strange artifact to abuse synthesizers with.

Rhythm Rods, some stupid looking clip on box that professes to contain drum sounds. I've had a partial peek inside and it looks like a single IC jobber, I'd guess some TI voice chip but have not had the chance to reveal the part number or get any sounds from it.

Also in the pile was a Korg SQD-8 MIDI sequencer. This thing has the notoriously awful Quick Disk back-up system, so this thing will probably wind up being an experimental test bed for a floppy emulator of some sort. Not that I have the time to drive that sort of project or anything, hahahaha.

:picard:

BetterOffShred wrote:It wasn't that bad of a wait. Curtis was really putting the screws to that circuit and I'm glad he did. The 9 knob is so intuitive in both modes and I just really can't say enough how happy I am with all of these boxes. I consider myself somewhat of a ring mod connessuir, and the monobius does everything I like and then a whole set of things I never dreamed of. I played with it for a good solid 4 hours straight last night.. only breaking to play the Mudlark and tetanus for a bit.. But then right back into monobius. I haven't messed with the carrier in yet but I built some drone boxes with LFO's in anticipation of this feature set.

For any of you madmen out there that want a bananas fuzz/ring mod/octave scenario I can't recommend this monobius variant enough. It's a very inspiring device. I'll quit gushing .. for now ;)

Aw, thanks for the kind words and I'm delighted it's treating you right.

:)*
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:23 am

I broke my long pedal celibacy to get an EAE Longsword, this thing fucking rips :rock:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PSQRCL » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:40 am

crochambeau wrote:His wait time was pushing 6 months; that included some development/natural process time, but still way too fucking long.

I've been having/fighting some mental "obstacles" the past year or so, and am going to resist the build to order format for a while and focus on short run of various designs.

The Monobius will be built in two flavors, the five knob/three switch standard, and the nine knob/six switch blown out variety. I'm really fond of shipping same or next day I get an order, and am going to bask in that at the expense of purchasers having input on finish or what device is next in line for a while.

Been really intrigued by your pedals, especially the Hogshead and Mudlark.

I've followed your Reverb store to hopefully try to score them - however, please let me know if it's better to contact you to order them ( :
PSQRCL

interested
interested

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Mudlark is dope :) it's a very unique fuzz
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cbm » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Spaceman stuff is so well put together:

I prefer this Gemini IV to the previous Gemini III (which is going for silly amounts of money on the used market). Too bad it got a little bigger, but I love the expanded control on this one, which would have been hard to pull off in the old size.
cbm

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Went into a local shop to buy a guitar stand and came out with a new acoustic earlier today. Simon and Patrick Songsmith in faded Bourbon burst:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Dowi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 am

Hey ILFamily, been on holiday for a couple of weeks and now I'm buried by work etc, so I missed most of last month.
Meanwhile I managed to sell some stuff so i finally have a Particle 2 incoming, can't wait to put my hands on it and see if it's really what I'm looking for.
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 am

I got an ebow. It's really weird and cool! took it to rehearsal and there's defo a couple tunes it can work on.
MechaGodzilla

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear