Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby Pepe » Wed May 08, 2019 6:04 pm

This is my latest acquisition (my first own Ibanez 9-series pedal):

Our daughter loves the pink sparkling finish. :)*
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu May 09, 2019 2:13 am

Mudfuzz wrote:I think I scored a trace Eliot v type 4x12 cab.. Time will tell :excellent:

Time told.. Fucking reverb sellers sometimes :picard:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby JM Charcot » Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 am

gila_crisis wrote:I just got the EHX Switchblade Pro, as an upgrade of my old Boss LS2, to switch between guitar and synths prior entering the pedalboard.
So far I'm really very delighted!
IMG_7137.jpg

Nice new addition to the switchers !

Just wondering, you can adjust the return volume, but not the send?
JM Charcot

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Thu May 09, 2019 3:17 am

JM Charcot wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:I just got the EHX Switchblade Pro, as an upgrade of my old Boss LS2, to switch between guitar and synths prior entering the pedalboard.
So far I'm really very delighted!
IMG_7137.jpg

Nice new addition to the switchers !

Just wondering, you can adjust the return volume, but not the send?

Yes, only the return volume. but on the sends you have phase switches, inside the pedal.
Very glad I got this. It does everything I was able to do with the Boss LS2, and more! The true bypass is very welcome, especially when after the switcher I have noise/oscillor fuzz pedals, which never liked buffers at all.
I love that you can switch really quickly between the returns, in a synth/noise setup it gives you a lot of flexibility!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Thu May 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:I think I scored a trace Eliot v type 4x12 cab.. Time will tell :excellent:

:poke:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu May 09, 2019 3:13 pm

Jero wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:

The guy never contacted me, or responded until I finally cancelled the order, then, with the refund I got "I'm sorry I can't ship it now" Could have said that in the first place and we could have worked something out... I have the feeling that I'm going to have to mod a guitar cab or something if I want to get a bass 4x12.. things are rare and most don't want to ship them or they cost too much :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Thu May 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:
Jero wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:

The guy never contacted me, or responded until I finally cancelled the order, then, with the refund I got "I'm sorry I can't ship it now" Could have said that in the first place and we could have worked something out... I have the feeling that I'm going to have to mod a guitar cab or something if I want to get a bass 4x12.. things are rare and most don't want to ship them or they cost too much :idk:

Yea that's lame. It's not like it's very hard to ship stuff, just a matter of expense. You could always get one from one of those doomy cab companies, no?
You're good with the woodworking though, so I wouldn't blame you to mod one or roll your own.

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu May 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:
Jero wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:

Musicman did a bass 4x12! It’s huge and deep, i had one that came with a head.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu May 09, 2019 5:06 pm

Jero wrote:
NSFW: show
Mudfuzz wrote:
Jero wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:

Yea that's lame. It's not like it's very hard to ship stuff, just a matter of expense. You could always get one from one of those doomy cab companies, no?
You're good with the woodworking though, so I wouldn't blame you to mod one or roll your own.

All tempting plus I'm friends with Dale from Old School amps and his nephew makes cabs so I might ask him too...

MechaGodzilla wrote:Musicman did a bass 4x12! It’s huge and deep, i had one that came with a head.

Are you talking vintage or something new?
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Gone Fission » Thu May 09, 2019 6:52 pm

Are the K100-loaded Marshall Mode 4 cabs any good for bass? A bit overbuilt compared to a 1960 cab is what I recall. I’d also try the Genz Benz ported 412s for guitar, but would anticipate a speaker swap for bass use.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu May 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:Musicman did a bass 4x12! It’s huge and deep, i had one that came with a head.

Are you talking vintage or something new?

i guess it was 70s/80s ?
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Thu May 09, 2019 8:19 pm

$40 for a Behringer Super Fuzz :thumb:
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby Achtane » Thu May 09, 2019 10:20 pm

CrazyDroneDream wrote:$40 for a Behringer Super Fuzz :thumb:

Best dirt cheap pedal ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:38 pm

Jero wrote:
ck3 wrote:
Jero wrote:I want to participate in this thread...alas, I've only bought one pedal so far this year :eek: ...Which is a record breaking low for me.

I'm truly in awe of your level of restraint and ended up also ordering a deeply discounted Digitech FreqOut last weekend.:facepalm:

The EHX Grand Canyon arrived today, and there probably won't be time to tinker until this coming weekend. It appears smaller than photos would suggest and is dwarfed by my Boss RV-500.

:lol: I started the year with a less is more plan, and surprisingly sticking to it. Got the DOD Rubberneck from a member at a great price, and that's it. I did buy a synth too though, which was something I've been meaning to do for a few years...but I've used it maybe 3 times. I have a couple pedals I'd like to try soon but I don't really need them so :idk:

The Grand Canyon seems pretty cool. I've been tempted by the regular one, and the Oceans reverb a couple times. Hope it works out for ya! Did you get the FreqOut from the proaudiostar deals? I almost grabbed a Carcosa but held off, and now they are back up in price again. I think the possible issues with the seller turned me off.

I managed to find a Proaudiostar FreqOut listing on Amazon, which may have been a few bucks more, but allowed for extra buyer protection. Both pedals are now in my possession and won't see any action until the weekend because of my craptastic work schedule.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 pm

Achtane wrote:
CrazyDroneDream wrote:$40 for a Behringer Super Fuzz :thumb:

Best dirt cheap pedal ever.

I was gonna say I think they overpaid, but looks like the places with them for $25 are awaiting new shipment.

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear