Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 27, 2022 3:08 pm

Nice lookin' digdugdiy! :!!!: :love:

frodog wrote:Did you buy that one? It's pretty cool. I bet it does sound like bees inside a melting skull.

Yeah, I did. Been wantin' to try somethin' Beetronics for a while. That's one of the nicest ones I've seen. (Don't really like their non-custom aesthetic.) Couldn't resist. :facepalm:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby frodog » Fri May 27, 2022 3:49 pm

Yeah, same. I've looked at many of them but never jumped in. Sometimes I just fall in love with a pedals aesthetics too! :!!!:

Also this SFG sounds fucking great! :omg:
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Fri May 27, 2022 3:59 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Nice lookin' digdugdiy! :!!!: :love:

Yeah, I’ve been wanting to get something of his for a long time and finally pulled the trigger on something I think I’ll use.
Hard to say really tho when the two demos are a minute long and just with the microgranny :idk:
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri May 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
frodog wrote:Did you buy that one? It's pretty cool. I bet it does sound like bees inside a melting skull.

Yeah, I did. Been wantin' to try somethin' Beetronics for a while. That's one of the nicest ones I've seen. (Don't really like their non-custom aesthetic.) Couldn't resist. :facepalm:

Alllmost grabbed the little Fat Bee overdrive to try the other day. We got one in the shop and it's adorable. That vezzpa is the one I'm legit interested in though :snax:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 27, 2022 4:41 pm

I'll let you know how it is after it gets here. :thumb:

Yeah, the Fatbee seems interestin' too. There're some nice ones w/ custom finishes around right now.

I don't need any more overdrives though. Picked up a EAE Halberd V2 and a Holy Island Audio Owlwood recently. I think that's more overdrives than I've bought in the past ten years. :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jero » Fri May 27, 2022 6:45 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I'll let you know how it is after it gets here. :thumb:
Yeah, the Fatbee seems interestin' too. There're some nice ones w/ custom finishes around right now.
I don't need any more overdrives though. Picked up a EAE Halberd V2 and a Holy Island Audio Owlwood recently. I think that's more overdrives than I've bought in the past ten years. :lol:

Yesss. The multi function footswitch thing seems useful!

I've bought all of maybe 2 overdrives in years...An od2 and, wait for it, an od2r :lol: though I recently repaired a Maxon od820, and that hybrid of a screamer/klon sounds quite good.

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Fri May 27, 2022 9:19 pm

Jero wrote:

I've bought all of maybe 2 overdrives in years...An od2 and, wait for it, an od2r :lol: though I recently repaired a Maxon od820, and that hybrid of a screamer/klon sounds quite good.

have you run the od2 into the od2r and put the od2r mode in turbo mode on for maximum turbo

sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 27, 2022 9:26 pm

I just wanna know when we're gettin' a Stomping Stones improvement on the OD-2. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 27, 2022 10:13 pm

:snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat May 28, 2022 10:15 am

Chankgeez wrote:I just wanna know when we're gettin' a Stomping Stones improvement on the OD-2. :snax:

The Too Odious Drive?
See what I did there Jero? Now all you've gotta do is make it buddy.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Sat May 28, 2022 4:53 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I just wanna know when we're gettin' a Stomping Stones improvement on the OD-2. :snax:

Dandolin wrote::snax:

goroth wrote:

The Too Odious Drive?
See what I did there Jero? Now all you've gotta do is make it buddy.

:lol: :snax: ... Draw an L in front of the Overdrive part for the "Turbo LOverdrive" mod

I have considered gathering up all the cheaper unloved OD-2's and converting them to pseudo -2R's. The price difference between the two is typically only about $10 though so may not really be worth it. Unless you're one of the one's that can hear the slight tone variances :hobbes:

friendship wrote:have you run the od2 into the od2r and put the od2r mode in turbo mode on for maximum turbo

:lol: Surprisingly no, I have not. But now I must.

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sat May 28, 2022 5:36 pm

Jero wrote:I have considered gathering up all the cheaper unloved OD-2's and converting them to pseudo -2R's. The price difference between the two is typically only about $10 though so may not really be worth it. Unless you're one of the one's that can hear the slight tone variances :hobbes:

The OD-2R has almost the double amount of headroom of the normal OD-2. So I would notice the difference after seconds.

For me there's no better overdrive pedal for any keyboard instrument than the OD-2R.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Sat May 28, 2022 9:35 pm

Pepe wrote:
Jero wrote:I have considered gathering up all the cheaper unloved OD-2's and converting them to pseudo -2R's. The price difference between the two is typically only about $10 though so may not really be worth it. Unless you're one of the one's that can hear the slight tone variances :hobbes:

The OD-2R has almost the double amount of headroom of the normal OD-2. So I would notice the difference after seconds.

For me there's no better overdrive pedal for any keyboard instrument than the OD-2R.

I was referring the fact that they sound slightly different. And joking that someone may be a purist for the orig sound that the bonus headroom has little appeal. I find it quite necessary. As did most people I would think, considering.

:snax:

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:26 am

Jero wrote:

This thing is tiny. :lol: It is adorable.

Multi-function footswitch takes a little gettin' used to. :lol: I'll get the hang of it though. :)*

Once I do it'll definitely be easier to switch up modes. (It should be, in theory, a simple operation. Needs to be quick though & I'm gettin' slow in my old age. Apparently, you can change the footswitch click time. So, if I can't hack it, maybe I could try that. :idk: )

Both the straight fuzz and the octave fuzz sound great! :!!!: Octave fuzz is a little bright sounding on my bridge pickup. (No surprise there.) So, I'll probably stick w/ the neck pickup when usin' the octave. It's a fun pedal. Still curious about the other Beetronics octave pedals.

:rock:

Oh, and the volume is wired in reverse of typical. So, that'll take gettin' accustomed to as well. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:40 am

:joy: HNTTD :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear