Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby gila_crisis » Thu May 14, 2020 5:57 pm

K2000 wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:I have one of those too, it's pretty awesome. I was hesitant because it's a little expensive, but it's better than buying multiple inexpensive units that aren't nearly as good.

Is that your video?

I have also 3 other small synths by JMT (SNB2b, NF and TVCO) and I love this brand. Yes, that's my video. I had to do it because this DNVO1 synth is super flexible and can achieve a lot sounds. And most JMT videos are cool, but kind of too chaotic and harshnoisy xD
I love the main VCO, that alone sounds already super thick :!!!:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby K2000 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:44 am

gila_crisis wrote:
K2000 wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:I have one of those too, it's pretty awesome. I was hesitant because it's a little expensive, but it's better than buying multiple inexpensive units that aren't nearly as good.

Is that your video?

I have also 3 other small synths by JMT (SNB2b, NF and TVCO) and I love this brand. Yes, that's my video. I had to do it because this DNVO1 synth is super flexible and can achieve a lot sounds. And most JMT videos are cool, but kind of too chaotic and harshnoisy xD
I love the main VCO, that alone sounds already super thick :!!!:

How do you like the other ones? The TVCO2 looks good (it has playable contact points I think) but I don't know if that's different than the TVCO. There are so many different units. The SNB2b is a drone unit? Comments are appreciated (micro reviews?)

There are tons of good sounds in the DNVO-1 !!! :omg:
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat May 16, 2020 3:39 pm

So, my Tubeworks Blue Tube came: not what I expected.. it just shows that blooz people have a very limited understanding of not only what the blues is but how to use overdrive pedals and what they are good for..

1: if you want a light overdrive to push a small tube amp.. buy a motherfucking boost! trying to tame a "overdrive" based on starve technology is stupid and I hope all you vintage mint first addition copies of the Beno vinyl melt.

2: this is a "overdrive" based on starve technology. It's a UNDERDRIVE! It sounds like tubes dying or at least in pain.

3: If you want that Neil Young / Billy G hurting your amp sound, this is the pedal! and for that it is FUCKING!

4: electric cellos do not sound good through this pedal and you get not articulation when playing double stops and drones :cry:

Comping: H&K Tubeman II :thumb:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 16, 2020 4:05 pm

Whattaya think about that Mercy Phuk though? :idk: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat May 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Whattaya think about that Mercy Phuk though? :idk: :snax:

I don't think anything. I'm sill waiting for it.. I ordered it from GC and they are taking their sweet time :cry:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 16, 2020 4:19 pm

:lol: :hug: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Paul_C » Sat May 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Despite my recent influx of pedals I've still been looking for something else to buy *sigh*

Fortunately, I've got so much stuff now that pretty much everything I look at I already have a pedal that does something close enough that I can't justify the purchase *hurrah*

Never let it be said that I'm the sort of person to let that stop me - I've just ordered a Korg Volca Modular instead !

My only fear is that it could be a short trip to multiple Volcas, followed by the sale of the Volcas and the purchase of Eurorack gear :eek:
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sat May 16, 2020 5:55 pm

Paul_C wrote:Despite my recent influx of pedals I've still been looking for something else to buy *sigh*

Fortunately, I've got so much stuff now that pretty much everything I look at I already have a pedal that does something close enough that I can't justify the purchase *hurrah*

Never let it be said that I'm the sort of person to let that stop me - I've just ordered a Korg Volca Modular instead !

My only fear is that it could be a short trip to multiple Volcas, followed by the sale of the Volcas and the purchase of Eurorack gear :eek:

I know what you mean. I am trying to try to stay away from Eurorack too but all signs are pointed that I will eventually cave.

That said, I am still keeping the delivery guys employed...

- The saturnworks pedal order switcher arrived a few days ago.

- The Arcades is a replacement...mine has been rebooting a lot so CooperFX sent me a replacement (amazing customer service)

...and I am bursting w excitement to get that M o o d plugged in a bit later after the kids are in bed!!!!

Still waiting on my Drolo Molecular Disruptor (over 2 months) and also have a Josh Wah on the way that I am pretty pumped to try out.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby John » Sat May 16, 2020 11:26 pm

Mantic Hulk (the lil'est one) incoming!
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Warpsmasher » Sun May 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Finally got my dirty stimulus money.
Final pieces for the case. Next up will be a new 4k TV for a monitor. I shopped through a ton of monitors, considered and decided against a multiple setup. For how I want to roll, the size/resolution bang for the buck is just better in 4k TVs.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sun May 17, 2020 5:33 pm

anyone fuck with the microfreak?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon May 18, 2020 2:41 am

Warpsmasher wrote:Finally got my dirty stimulus money.
NSFW: show

Final pieces for the case. Next up will be a new 4k TV for a monitor. I shopped through a ton of monitors, considered and decided against a multiple setup. For how I want to roll, the size/resolution bang for the buck is just better in 4k TVs.

Yo, kinda same. Got a new GPU, case, 1TB SSD and 4TB HDD.
I've considered new monitors but I use 3 and everything's expensive as fuck.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Mon May 18, 2020 3:27 am

I got a Midiverb II off Craigslist, scared this is going to send me down a path of collecting cheap '80s rack gear. 90% of it's bad to meh but then the reverse/bloom/and super long ambient modes are as good as any I've heard like that.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon May 18, 2020 3:56 am

jrfox92 wrote:
Warpsmasher wrote:Finally got my dirty stimulus money.
NSFW: show

Yo, kinda same. Got a new GPU, case, 1TB SSD and 4TB HDD.
I've considered new monitors but I use 3 and everything's expensive as fuck.

Very nice very nice, jealous :excellent: . Think I need a new monitor. Wanted one for years but never got round to it haha.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon May 18, 2020 10:55 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Whattaya think about that Mercy Phuk though? :idk: :snax:

Ok.. It just got here, also a cheap Riq from Egypt..

Thoughts.

It's bright.
Even with the girth switch on.
So very bright.
I mean it's kind'a cool, it has that real in your face classic angry rock/punk sound. my cello sounded horrible though it so I got out a filtertron equip guitar..
it's very tight and in your face in a ACDC/Black Flag/Neil Young sorta way.. anyway will probably phlip..
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear