Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby Dandolin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:23 am

knob game :)*
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:34 am

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Just arrived and unwrapped!

I have wanted to try one of these for about ten years so it feels pretty good.

Aha! So you're the one who scored Goroth's cosmi. Saw the add on vend (swedish site) and thought about getting a second one but it was already gone!
Such an amazing pedal! I never liked chorus before I got it. Used it a ton on a recent recording and love it even more since. Love the look of it too!
Have fun!
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:28 am

Yeah I grabbed it after a few minutes of him advertising :lol: big time impulse buy, no regrets. Played a bit last night and it's great!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dowi » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:55 am

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Just arrived and unwrapped!

I have wanted to try one of these for about ten years so it feels pretty good.

:drool:
Best artwork + knobs color pairing.
I have always loved the rate light under the knob.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:04 am

incoming:
Dunlop JC95B Jerry Cantrell wah
Hotone Acoustic Simulator

the wah is for the main setup; the AS will be used mostly on the front-end auxiliary board to provide additional voices and textures for loops. it's surprisingly convincing...i watched a bunch of demos and it beat the Boss unit by miles. it's also waaaaay simpler than a piezo bridge and an acoustic guitar processor. but it's deeper than it looks; there are 7 or 8 different modes including a banjo mode that's kind of crap in isolation but makes an interesting faux Asian sound with additional processing, and multiband semi-parametric EQ, but you have to menu-dive to adjust the parameters. the Cantrell is the only wah i've ever heard that doesn't get all squeaky with the toe all the way down, and it has nice fat midrange. perhaps there's something different about the filter bandwidth? i never wanted a wah until i heard the JC95. i would have preferred the original version with the bare copper-colored shell, but they're over $250 now and i got the 95B for less than $120 from Sam Ash via eBay. the main board is done now, though the fuzz section is under continual review. i may swap out the LAL 46 for an FZ-2, but i'm sorted for modulation.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:03 pm

the wah arrived today. i quite like it. the filter bandwidth is indeed wider than a standard CryBaby, the heel-down goes to 320 Hz, and the variable maximum high frequency goes from something like 2000-3000 Hz. at the higher settings you get wah throughout the guitar's natural range; when dialed back you get wah up to the 10th or 12th fret on the high E and little to no wah above that, which makes for a cool contrast. i'd have liked the filter sweep to be more granular, but there's only so much range in the mechanism. two thumbs up..

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:36 am

that sounds pretty cool! I keep meaning to tweak my crybaby to try out a wider range and some other stuff. I should do that.

I make music sometimes:

coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dubkitty » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:29 am

it's very different from most wahs. it doesn't have the narrow bandwidth and high end. it will not do Hendrix. i have to try it out on Manic Street Preachers stuff. the bandwidth is also broad enough that you can use it as a sweepable tone control like Garcia used to do in the early 70s, following your playing as it goes higher/lower in pitch.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:44 pm

Yeah that sounds great (though not as my only wah). Wonder if I can try one some time when shops are open...

I make music sometimes:

coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:00 pm

In addition to the Gretsch Gin Rickey that I just got, which I did end up re-stringing for Nashville tuning, I sold my AFX Station and bought an LR Baggs M1A for my Simon and Patrick Songsmith. Those are two very opposite ends of the spectrum, but acoustic is pretty much all been playing lately and I had hardly even touched the AFX Station. I've been loving the pickup on the Gin Rickey (it sounds so good with some reverb and delay!) so I wanted to finally invest in a good pickup for my other acoustic.

I might order a OBNE Signal Blender soon and do a little pedalboard re-arranging; I'm thinking of having a Superego in one loop of the Signal Blender and a Count to 5 in the other, then I'd be able to blend in some drones and weird looping textures in with the main signal. I currently have all that in series on my pedalboard and it can get a bit muddled, so I'm thinking something like the Signal Blender will be able to clean it all up
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MaxMaps » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Something maybe in the mail for me from a certain awseome Raptor Man :!!!:

Also finally ordered my DC 7 after obessing about it for weeks

I also havent played in a week and a half

:hello:
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:27 pm

Been gassing for a Demo Tape Fuzz for months, but the few used ones I’ve seen are hardly discounted at all. Kicking myself for not picking up one of the used ones that were for sale here, a couple years ago.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Pepe » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:42 am

dubkitty wrote:incoming:
[...]
Hotone Acoustic Simulator

[...] the AS will be used mostly on the front-end auxiliary board to provide additional voices and textures for loops. it's surprisingly convincing...i watched a bunch of demos and it beat the Boss unit by miles. it's also waaaaay simpler than a piezo bridge and an acoustic guitar processor. but it's deeper than it looks; there are 7 or 8 different modes including a banjo mode that's kind of crap in isolation but makes an interesting faux Asian sound with additional processing, and multiband semi-parametric EQ, but you have to menu-dive to adjust the parameters.

That sounds interesting. I was aware that the Hotone Omni AC existed, but I didn't know that it does such a pretty job. Please share your thought about it when you've had the chance to try it out. *adding Omni AC to wish list*

In, just minutes ago:

Hotone VERB (Reverb) and
Hotone CHUNK (cranked vintage Marshall amp distortion).

Pics and review later.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:06 am

K2000 wrote:Been gassing for a Demo Tape Fuzz for months, but the few used ones I’ve seen are hardly discounted at all. Kicking myself for not picking up one of the used ones that were for sale here, a couple years ago.

Watch the Mid-Fi Instagram account—Doug will do a “name your own price sale” every so often.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:43 pm

Dude this bitquest. Its so good! How do you unpack the sounds out of this thing? Super stoked on having Dr.Scientist back on the board.

I should have just ordered more than two packs of ribbon cables because I need more to space out how I want the board to look now. The DC7 should solve all of my power needs for a long while and help with cabling.

I am going to sit back for a bit and then just jam and move stuff around :) Hopefully if inspiration hits I will start recording some stuff :joy:
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear