Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

Postby fcknoise » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:42 am

IN:
Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom

Incoming:
Zoom Ultra Fuzz
LAL Misty Cave :!!!: :!!!:
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:56 am

UC: I don't need another soundalike, though. The Echorec has got that covered. If I end up getting another delay, it would be a tape echo.

The Moog is quite a bit cheaper (almost $200) than the Copicat, and differs more from stuff I already have. They're both tempting, though. Need to meditate on this.

The Tracer is beyond budgetary concerns, I'll always find a way to swing it. Also, it seems he won't be building more pedals until autumn, so there's loads of time for flippage. :joy:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:14 am

Eivind August wrote:UC: I don't need another soundalike, though. The Echorec has got that covered.

Invalid soundalike. Please insert more lo-fi. :p
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:42 am

On the plane: MASF Possessed. Finally. Getting a Possessed to Scotland is a pain in the balls. :thumb:
Saving for: Echo Degrader :)

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:14 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
Eivind August wrote:UC: I don't need another soundalike, though. The Echorec has got that covered.

Invalid soundalike. Please insert more lo-fi. :p

But... But what about my tonal warmth and crystal lattice? :erm:

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Muse FTW » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:45 am

In:

Absolutely perfect except for the fact that there's one squeaky key. I don't want to exchange it for that reason alone and I hope there's an easy fix but it's fantastic otherwise.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:00 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Squeaky keys? Vaseline spray can help. :thumb:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Maybe even a bit of talcum powder would work. I know it works on piano keys.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:08 pm

As far as I know piano keyboards don't have rubber parts and plastic keys as most synth keyboards, so I doubt that will work. But I'm not completely sure about that. :)
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:39 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCUUUMMMIIINNNNGGG :!!!: :!!!:
Acid Fuzz Selmer Buzz Tone

ooh. Missed this. Would LURVE to hear a demo. :love: :poke: :hug:

This circuit is near the top of my fuzz interest and I don't see a lot of builds...any good ones other than Acid Fuzz and Jimmy Behan?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Dandolin wrote:
Uncle Grandfather wrote:NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCUUUMMMIIINNNNGGG :!!!: :!!!:
Acid Fuzz Selmer Buzz Tone

ooh. Missed this. Would LURVE to hear a demo. :love: :poke: :hug:

This circuit is near the top of my fuzz interest and I don't see a lot of builds...any good ones other than Acid Fuzz and Jimmy Behan?

Yeah I've been looking for a vintage unit for years, acid fuzz makes a recreation but so far only two have been made. He's now offering the same circuit/transistors in a Hammond box for a lot less money. I'm under the impression he's basing his builds on having an actual unit for reference. Otherwise someone should be able to build you one, the schematics are available. I went with a behan build because I came across him selling one and the price was great. It sounds pretty fantastic but not quite like the real deal. I'm hoping this acid fuzz having the right transistors will be more faithful to the original. it's arriving today!
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:48 pm

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Hypnodrone LSDelay. This thing is so cool, some really neat delaysounds in here.

Incoming:
Center Street Electronics God Hates Fuzz
Dr. Scientist Bitquest
Shoe Pedals Silver Apple
4ms Noise Swash (mini version)

Didn't order the Moog Ring mod or the Copicat. Yet. Maybe I'll be smart this time and save my money. Maybe...

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Eh, the bitquest will get you aquainted with the path of ring mod alright I'd think. Good haul Eivind!

Demos UG!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Oh, I have dabbled in ring mods before. Had this big, crazy custom Planetoid from Copilot. Sold it in a weak moment. :cry:

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Eivind August wrote:Oh, I have dabbled in ring mods before. Had this big, crazy custom Planetoid from Copilot. Sold it in a weak moment. :cry:

Ah, good deal then. The Planetoid is a little more round sounding then the moog, but they are all fun. LSDelay looks nice man!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear