Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby Dandolin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:32 pm

yeah, so much lost in all this - the network of situational relationships we all have has been interrupted, and the places that are part of our sense of "our" world are inaccessible....
a sweet bass would definitely help :hug:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:27 am

Hmmm, I seem to have bought a Catalinbread Antichthon.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:05 am

Paul_C wrote:Hmmm, I seem to have bought a Catalinbread Antichthon.

This man can’t be stoped

He won’t be stopped

He is unstoppable
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:08 pm

I'd like to say that this is it...but I'm probably gonna snag an airtrash w the walnut faceplate when it's made available...and I did pre-order a Magic/Dunwich DA120 today.

I LOVE these Mattoverse pedals in general, but the walnut faces are just gorgeous. Gotta love when pedal builders load ya up on goodies!

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Glenouille » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:44 pm

The Transmutron arrived and it's absolutely awesome! :!!!:
I used it to split the signal from the Septavox into the Arcades on one side and the Wombtone+SuperNovaDrive on the other side. I used the Doom to create a riff, crossfading between the 2. Shit got real when I introduced them to a few comrades: the MidiPal takes the Clock signal to the Koma RH301, RH301 converts the MIDI signal to CV and passes it to the Koma FT201, the step sequence of the FT201 goes into the CV IN of the Transmutron to control the split point and make it jiggy, and another clock subdivision goes from the RH301 to sync the riff from the Doom on the master tempo. Everybody plays nicely - organized chaos is where it's at... The combo Transmutron+Doom is like a dream team. Joyz.

Group pic before i send the Doom to NZ for a makeover tomorrow am:

Edit: just realized it was more chaotic than planned because I did not sync the Wombtone in the end - could not find my Chase Bliss cables in time - there is always next time! ;)
Glenouille

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:20 pm

But the Doom looks so cool!

Very nice setup
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blackened Soul » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:27 pm

coming...

Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:39 pm

Glenouille - brill...I never thought of running the Doom And Transmutron simultaneously, but, obviously that's the key to sonic satori. :zen:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Glenouille » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:09 pm

I think I only thought of it because they're the last 2 I bought!
They work damn well together like baby pedz separated at birth and now reunited to rule the signal splitter/loop crossfader world!

coldbrightsunlight wrote:But the Doom looks so cool!

Very nice setup

Thanks buddy and you're so right - it does looks fantastic like the rest of the Lightning Wave stuff, he's just adding a LCD screen to it (no aesthetical changes). It should help with managing presets and parameters and also viewing the shape of the waves like the DMO screen (just much smaller!)
Glenouille

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:14 pm

ohhhh awesome. Yeah I always thought those Lightning Wave pedals needed a screen of some sort. Love the graphics tho

I make music sometimes:

coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Glenouille wrote:The Transmutron arrived and it's absolutely awesome! :!!!:
I used it to split the signal from the Septavox into the Arcades on one side and the Wombtone+SuperNovaDrive on the other side. I used the Doom to create a riff, crossfading between the 2. Shit got real when I introduced them to a few comrades: the MidiPal takes the Clock signal to the Koma RH301, RH301 converts the MIDI signal to CV and passes it to the Koma FT201, the step sequence of the FT201 goes into the CV IN of the Transmutron to control the split point and make it jiggy, and another clock subdivision goes from the RH301 to sync the riff from the Doom on the master tempo. Everybody plays nicely - organized chaos is where it's at... The combo Transmutron+Doom is like a dream team. Joyz.

Edit: just realized it was more chaotic than planned because I did not sync the Wombtone in the end - could not find my Chase Bliss cables in time - there is always next time! ;)

:animal: whoa
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:04 am

Glenouille wrote:The Transmutron arrived and it's absolutely awesome! :!!!:

this setup is awesome, can't imagine the rhythmic possibilities with all those CVs interacting - but please tell us more about that turquoise carpet :cool: .
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 am

vidret wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:But the Doom looks so cool!

Very nice setup

i could get it just for looks

Valid

I make music sometimes:

coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paul_C » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:04 am

Much to my surprise, the Anthichthon turned up this morning :)

It plays like a cut down Noise Swash, with all the squeaks and chirrups as the note/s decay, which can be considered a good thing.

I like it.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Glenouille » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:12 am

Dowi wrote:this setup is awesome, can't imagine the rhythmic possibilities with all those CVs interacting - but please tell us more about that turquoise carpet :cool: .

Oh buddy, the rug is a long story... :whateva:

Do you remember the bedroom boards?
They were cool pedalboards looking like fat black suitcases and requiring no velcro to fasten the pedals to them. The pedals would just sit on a piece of shaggy pile and a vast amount of egg box foam in the lid would gently but firmly keep them in place if you needed to take the pedalboard away with you.
I wanted one badly, but the dude and his uncle (I think) who used to build them were in the US, and shipping something huge like that to Europe was going to cost a bomb. I hated the idea of simply replicated the product, but I still decided to borrow the concept.

I had quite a few pedals at the time and I had a clearly defined chain with a single use for each pedal, no overlap. I ordered a luxury teal sparkle spaghetti shaggy rug from some random company shipping it from China. 110 x 61 cm - pretty big but the smallest size I could find, I thought there would be room to grow - sweet. The plan was all sussed out. I was going to build the pedalboard frame as soon as the rug arrived and be set.

All this happened roughly at the time I discovered this very forum... Needless to say my plans were properly ruined... By the time the rug arrived, I had already flipped half of the pedals and bought many many more: I now had multiple flavours of dirt, exotic modulations doing pretty much the same thing in a (slightly) different way...

This was 9 years ago. Nearly a decade of noise experiments on a rug that I just roll again when I'm done playing. Every year, I say I'm going to finish the board and there is always something missing... So I buy more! :lol:

Earlier this year, I tried to break the cycle and actually did a mock-up in MDF to see what a 110 x 61 pedalboard would look like...

I realized it was actually enormous and that I needed a room for it, so now I'm getting the house extended to build a room for my rug! :facepalm:

To get back on topic, I just ordered the gen loss and grain cards for the Arcades!
Last edited by Glenouille on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glenouille

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear