Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:10 am

No, no. I mean if you want the Drone Rainger to be the Freeze Rainger you're probably better off just having a delay pedal and a freeze pedal. I'm saying your interest in the pedal might not be warranted. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Christophe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:16 am

Ah ah, ok! I was thinking about the possibility to freeze 2 different sounds/chords, then change the pitch of the 2 recorded sounds, or mix them etc...( just like the drones on the Rainger). I dont think this can be done yet... maybe with a complex A/B two amp setup + 2 freeze + 2 pitch shifters, but that's another story...
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Glitches&switches » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:09 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:The oscillator bleeds like crazy when it's bypassed. Bummer. Send David an email. Hope it's an easy fix I can DIY.

Just got mine today and have yet to notice an issue with this but what I can't seem to figure out is how to get the white noise bursts, there seems to be nothing I am seeing in the manual that mentions it and no matter what settings I seem to use all I get from the interfere switch is pitch rise or fall.
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Pretty sure he removed that feature because it was too shrill and loud.

Edit: yes, kind of

D-Rainger wrote:The white noise burst has been replaced with a different momentary effect; its volume was hard to control - being decided by the delay level knob - and was very often too loud compared to everything else going on.

So instead there's a 'pitch up' effect, which raises the pitch of one of the drones to a much higher note, and with a deeply cool glide back down when the switch is released. It makes more notes available - foot-controlled - and increases the playablilty of the pedal as a sound generator/instrument in itself (up to 5 notes possible - with careful switching - for any note set by the knobs).
Now 2-note harmonies - eg major and minor 'chords' - are very easy!! Also dub-like bloops!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Glitches&switches » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:53 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Pretty sure he removed that feature because it was too shrill and loud.

Edit: yes, kind of

D-Rainger wrote:The white noise burst has been replaced with a different momentary effect; its volume was hard to control - being decided by the delay level knob - and was very often too loud compared to everything else going on.

So instead there's a 'pitch up' effect, which raises the pitch of one of the drones to a much higher note, and with a deeply cool glide back down when the switch is released. It makes more notes available - foot-controlled - and increases the playablilty of the pedal as a sound generator/instrument in itself (up to 5 notes possible - with careful switching - for any note set by the knobs).
Now 2-note harmonies - eg major and minor 'chords' - are very easy!! Also dub-like bloops!

Wish he would have said something, that feature was what mostly sold me on this. I was so excited to get this pedal, more excited than I have been about a pedal in a while and so far I am seriously underwhelmed! I don't notice the supposed chorus effect or the supposed "beats" created between the sub oscillators interacting with each other. Nothing worse than paying and waiting months to get the pedal only to find out it was changed from what was initially advertised when purchased. Btw where was that posted? I never saw it on Instagram or his website!
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 pm

He said it here, on ILF, in March.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=61641#p1346038
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:39 pm

It was posted in his subforum here on ILF. I get your frustration and you can probably just voice it to David and I'm sure he'll refund you or work out some other way to please you. He's super nice and has great customer service. He removed it because it was a broken feature. It's basically just a disruption of the delay chip and in person it's not a pleasant sound because it's very loud. The contrast between that sound and the smooth super low frequencies of the drones is just too big as well, even if he did fix the volume boost issue. Both Copilot, Lastgasp Art Laboratories and Rainger himself make white noise pedals that are more functional and, perhaps more importantly, better sounding, if that's your jam.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:00 pm

It's a ground break in the pt2399 (like that one stalled project, UC) and it is very hard to control like UC has said. He would have had to add a limiting or sideband circuit to really make it mesh well for normal usage. It's an easy trick any pt2399 delay can do.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Glitches&switches » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:02 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:It was posted in his subforum here on ILF. I get your frustration and you can probably just voice it to David and I'm sure he'll refund you or work out some other way to please you. He's super nice and has great customer service. He removed it because it was a broken feature. It's basically just a disruption of the delay chip and in person it's not a pleasant sound because it's very loud. The contrast between that sound and the smooth super low frequencies of the drones is just too big as well, even if he did fix the volume boost issue. Both Copilot, Lastgasp Art Laboratories and Rainger himself make white noise pedals that are more functional and, perhaps more importantly, better sounding, if that's your jam.

Yeah I am waiting to hear from David. I am just bummed because that was a feature that helped sell me on the pedal and his video where used it sounded great! IMO apedal builder should not sell a pre-order until the build is finished, meaning you know what it's going to do and how it's going to work and all those details flushed out. I certainly won't do anymore pre-order from here on out with pedals that aren't built yet.
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:15 pm

I'm sure you'll flip it ..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Glitches&switches » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:50 am

UglyCasanova wrote:It was posted in his subforum here on ILF. I get your frustration and you can probably just voice it to David and I'm sure he'll refund you or work out some other way to please you. He's super nice and has great customer service. He removed it because it was a broken feature. It's basically just a disruption of the delay chip and in person it's not a pleasant sound because it's very loud. The contrast between that sound and the smooth super low frequencies of the drones is just too big as well, even if he did fix the volume boost issue. Both Copilot, Lastgasp Art Laboratories and Rainger himself make white noise pedals that are more functional and, perhaps more importantly, better sounding, if that's your jam.

I like the way David's noise burst sounded. What pedal would you recommend, I am familiar with both copilot fx and Lastgasp, but what noise pedal does David make?
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 pm

I thought the Air Traffic Controller was his white noise pedal, but I've actually never checked it out thoroughly.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Glitches&switches » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:20 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I thought the Air Traffic Controller was his white noise pedal, but I've actually never checked it out thoroughly.

>
Thanks, I will check that out!
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby ck3 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:21 pm

Just grabbed a slightly-discounted Bananana V2 Mandala via Reverb (and discovered sales tax is now a reality via almost all online sales platforms). Either way, I'm thinking this will provide the flavor of glitch I seek.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:57 am

ck3 wrote:Just grabbed a slightly-discounted Bananana V2 Mandala via Reverb (and discovered sales tax is now a reality via almost all online sales platforms). Either way, I'm thinking this will provide the flavor of glitch I seek.

I remember getting a "deal" on ebay on a rainbow machine only to get slammed with sales tax making it actually not such a deal. It is shocking how they can just charge these things without showing you that you have to pay it when you commit to the purchase.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear