Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby Dowi » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:01 am

tremolo3 wrote:This is my first prime lens, and it was one of the things I was really afraid of. But 23mm f2 seems to be a good lens for me.

Portability was the reason I also got it, it was between this and a Ricoh GR III, but I kept reading about dust issues nightmares on all Ricoh GRs.

And even though I cannot put this X100t on my back pocket, it is a relieve for me since I used to shoot with gigantic Nikons DSLRs and Canon SLRs before.
I went today for some street photography and I've never feel this confident on the streets since I started with photography like 15 years ago. Also the focus is damn fast, which is a gift for this kind of situations

But the things I'm more impressed by is the Image Quality, the whole Fuji colors joke is actually true! I was out of the loop on photography for the past few years, so when I started to read about modern stuff I was amazed by the whole X and XT series, and yup, it's exactly what I was expecting to be.

Which one do you have? And which one should I buy next? :lol:

That's great, 23mm is the perfect size for street, and I bet you have enough light with an f2.
I use a Fuji XT-10 and never looked back since I bought it. Usually I carry the standard 18-55 and the 55-200. I can cover pretty much everything I need with this 2 lenses don't have particular needs so I never felt the urge to upgrade those (maybe sooner or later i'm gonna buy a wider one for landscapes). If I was in the market for a lens fo cover all of my needs today I'd buy the 16-55 f2.8,tried it on a friend's camera and it was wonderful (although he had the new fuji xt3, so that could be part of the feeling I had :love:)
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:22 am

cosmicevan wrote:
CrazyDroneDream wrote:Just got A Taken and Kniv pedals from Pladask! Super pumped to play them.

Same!!! I didnt want to get both but couldnt help myself.

Me too Lol. It will be my first feedback looper style pedal. I am interested in the sounds in might produce. The Taken delay is one of the most beautiful sounding ones I have ever heard. I can’t wait :)
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby counttherings » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:30 am

Incoming!
counttherings

involved
involved

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:06 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:scored a BAX BANGEETAR preamp/cabsim on ebay. curious as to just how good it sounds over DI but Wata has used them so it must bring the heavies at least a little bit.

it comes with a denim baggie?
only given it a quick blast but i think it's gonna be really useful both as a preamp/OD and a "real" amp substitute. definitely brings the heavies :rock:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sonidero » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53 pm

I forgot how to post pics, but I went crazy at Christmas and got a Zoia and a Keeley Delay Workstation and a Superego and a Boneshaker and some Teisco guitars and a Lab5 amp and a cool Keith Urban guitar and other things...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sonidero » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:55 pm

And a DFAM and a Drumbrute and a Timbre Wolf and a Korg Modular...
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:07 pm

S O N I
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sonidero » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:18 pm

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:40 pm

Dowi...tell us more about dat delay :poke: :snax:
do the attack/decay controls get into slow gear zone?

and sonidero, holy shit what a haul
I thought "keith urban guitar" was like a metagory for countryish twang thang, I was out da loop on that brand
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:07 am

Damn soni sounds like you've been having some fun
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dowi » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:42 am

Dandolin wrote:Dowi...tell us more about dat delay :poke: :snax:
do the attack/decay controls get into slow gear zone?

actually not at all, those mini-knobs are dedicated to momentary feedback :D i was planning on writing a review but i have been focused on other things this week.

It's a PT2399-based delay focused on momentary time shift/feedback manipulation with all the standard knobs for level, repeats, delay and modulation (depth, speed and square/triangle shape), while the remaining knobs/switches/buttons affect the signal in various ways but only when the momentary footswitch (FX switch) is pressed or held down.

There are quite a few modes and the manual is not online yet so here’s the rundown:

VCR / TIME SHIFT MODE
The switch with the fast forward/rewind arrows (VCR switch) sets if the delay time increases or decreases while holding the FX footswitch. ATTACK sets the time shift speed when you hold it, while RELEASE set the shift speed on release of it (until delay time returns normal). Basically they work like the DOD rubberneck miniknob but with independent control on attack and release, so, for example, you can set the delay time to come back instantly to the original time as soon as you release the footswitch.
The switch with the cassette/circular arrows (FB switch) can add oscillation on attack or not while the mini button can add it on release too (until delay time returns normal). FEEDBACK knob sets the intensity of the oscillations. If you hold down FX and the mini button and then move the delay knob you can set the time shift to be stepped and choppier instead of gradual, this is truly unique and one of my favourite features.

RANDOM FEEDBACK OSCILLATION MODE
If the FB switch is in the down position the FX footswitch just adds standard oscillation while held down without any time changes, but if the FB switch is in the down position and the mini button is turned ON you enter in random feedback mode, which is another extremely cool feature.
In this mode ATTACK sets the duration of each random delay time, from 50ms to 2s, and RELEASE sets the range of the random times. For example you can set really low duration with really high delay times for fast glitchy jumps. One of my preferred settings is to set the duration equal to the main delay time, so when I enter in this mode I have a sort of controlled-chaos feeling, where delay times vary but they vary in a rhythmic and precise way.

SECONDARY DELAY TIME
If the VCR switch is set in the middle position there’s no time shift, and the FX footswitch activates a secondary delay time, set by the release knob. It’s the only setting in which the secondary footswitch acts as latching, but it can be set to be momentary turning on the mini button.
You can also choose to add oscillation when the secondary delay time is active turning the FB switch in the middle position.

TAP TEMPO MODE
If you hold down the mini button you set the secondary footswitch for tap tempo, with 3 modes of time division set by the FB switch. Personally I won’t use this mode much because you lose all of the time shift and oscillation fun, but I guess it could be useful if you have just one delay and occasionally want to us it for more standard purposes.

So, the only “downside” I have found so far is that there’s no mix knob so there’s no chance to go full wet, for the rest is truly awesome. I feared the lack of tone control but the filter on the repeats it’s set in a pretty good spot for my taste. Even though not all the modes are immediate because of all the switches combinations, after messing with it for a while it all seems more intuitive.

Hope it's helpful, maybe I should post this in the analog delays thread for reference. :hello:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:11 am

Let's get weird!!!!!!!

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:09 pm

What are those?
They look pretty.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ck3 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:48 pm

Agreed regarding aesthetics of the most recent pic post and equally curious about what said devices do. I recently went on a mini pedal binge spanning multiple weeks, which included a Mooer Black Secret (2 mode Rat), Hotone Krush (Bitcrusher), Valeton Lazaro (Big Muff-ish fuzz with 2 band EQ), and Valeton Tube Refiner (OCD-ish Overdrive with 2 band EQ). Now the search is on for a better multi mini reverb with a reverse mode (than the Valeton Coral Verb).
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:08 pm

Those are Pladask pedals. The Kniv, which is a feedback looper, and the Taken, which is a modulated delay (I think?)
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear