Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby chuckjaywalk » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:34 pm

I gave up on half-assing it and ordered. the full-sized SurfyBear Metal. It frees me up to get whatever dumb amp I want in the future or continue flogging Fender Excelsiors until the end of time. I'm down to needing one last pedal and I have no idea how to shop for an overdrive.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:00 pm

Dowi wrote:
qersty wrote:Also back on my chorus bs cause i have been looking at the ... Anal-OG Man one :facepalm: there are seemingly few ones like it that is bare-bones no compander with a mix knob. not as pricy as i thought tho. butt-fuck mike has way better prices than his 2nd hand market (why is two weeks of wait thime worth over 100 bucks? weeew man)

not that i am remotely interested in one, but curious to hear what you think if you end up getting one. I always have been curious to know what's so special about that chorus. A couple months back i saw a local ad with the double version of it (bichorus i think?) for DUMB money.

Yeah like scruffie said it's just a boutique small clone. Did not know about the schematic error thing. That's pretty funny. Don't think I will get one, maybe I'll try an original though I wouldn't wanna fuck one up by adding a depth knob.

Found this looking around which homestly looks sicker
https://www.mastereffectspedals.com/goldenratio

Looking at choruses is dangerous to me. Luckily they all always lack something or something is off that breaks the deal
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:02 pm

yeah dangerous. somebody just put up a 4000kr 1210 as i posted :drool:
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:18 pm

chuckjaywalk wrote:I gave up on half-assing it and ordered. the full-sized SurfyBear Metal. It frees me up to get whatever dumb amp I want in the future or continue flogging Fender Excelsiors until the end of time. I'm down to needing one last pedal and I have no idea how to shop for an overdrive.

just buy whatever Eivind ends up getting (or flipping?) :idk: :snax:
Last edited by Dandolin on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:19 pm

qersty wrote:Don't think I will get one, maybe I'll try an original though I wouldn't wanna fuck one up by adding a depth knob.

Personally, I think the vintage ones are pretty close in sound to a CE-2 apart from the Small Clones lop-sided sweep and being a hair darker so guess it depends on what you think of those :idk:

As I said, you can mod a reissue to vintage specs real easy so if you did wanna add a depth knob.

Also, the correct answer for chorus is vintage Clone Theory.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:00 pm

qersty wrote:yeah dangerous. somebody just put up a 4000kr 1210 as i posted :drool:

Holy crap! I’m trying to remember the price of a trashed one I passed on when money was tight—might have been less, but that was like 5 years ago.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:28 am

Gone Fission wrote:
qersty wrote:yeah dangerous. somebody just put up a 4000kr 1210 as i posted :drool:

Holy crap! I’m trying to remember the price of a trashed one I passed on when money was tight—might have been less, but that was like 5 years ago.

I'm getting pissed with future folks who have obviously invented time travel but refuse to come back and tell me what gadgets to keep because there are going to be worth 5x what I paid. Meanies, the lot of em.....
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Scruffie wrote:
qersty wrote:Don't think I will get one, maybe I'll try an original though I wouldn't wanna fuck one up by adding a depth knob.

Personally, I think the vintage ones are pretty close in sound to a CE-2 apart from the Small Clones lop-sided sweep and being a hair darker so guess it depends on what you think of those :idk:

As I said, you can mod a reissue to vintage specs real easy so if you did wanna add a depth knob.

I'm not talking about messing up a vintage one. I'm just worried about how butt ugly it would look with the extra knob :lol:
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blood_mountain » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:18 pm

2022 has started out as the year I buy pedals I've already had once before. I have a Midfi Electronics Scrape Flutter and am Audio Disruption Devices Super LAG coming in (I had the original LAG + Animator, this one has the integrated Animator controls). Sold both of these last year and have missed them. Also have a Midfi Magick I coming in. These will be the first new pedals I've bought in probably 6 months or so, so I'm giddy like a wee schoolboy.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:05 am

just snagged a Dropping Acid #rip. only $100 (aud) on reverb so i just jumped on it! love ratty things and currently have no dirt with oscillation so am excited to have this (even though i had sworn off buying dirt pedals bc i have been so satisfied with what i have)
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:35 am

goosekevin wrote:just snagged a Dropping Acid #rip. only $100 (aud) on reverb so i just jumped on it! love ratty things and currently have no dirt with oscillation so am excited to have this (even though i had sworn off buying dirt pedals bc i have been so satisfied with what i have)

Total score on a great pedal! The oscillation is really deep—does a lot of behaviors based on mode and settings—so that’s an excellent choice to put oscillation in the mix.

Oh hellz—I realized I have a feedback looper now. Imma gonna have to try the momentary with the #rip in the feedback loop.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:12 am

yass - and even as a more "straight" drive, the textures available are pretty unique and satisfyingly toothy - #rip is straight #rad :crab:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:01 pm

Got a great deal on a Walrus Audio 385 for my overdrive needs. Board is now TU-3>Hizumitas>Cheese Ball>EH-2>Lucky Cat>Ghost Echo>El Capistan>SurfyBear Metal>385. I might need to find a second Excelsior for stereo shenanigans.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frodog » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:13 pm

First purchase of the year, and boy is it an exciting one; the super rare, mystical mojo-filled, legendary tone-enhancing, signal-diverting and -boosting box of wonder: The BOSS LS-2.

Hyperbole aside, I'm stoked to be able to easily switch in and out my Witch Shifter and/or Accountant comp+U-235 sub-octaver, all of which sit at the back row of the board. Witch Shifter pops when engaged and the octaver gets very loud when u increase the mix, so hopefully this will solve both those problems.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:14 pm

qersty wrote:
Scruffie wrote:

I'm not talking about messing up a vintage one. I'm just worried about how butt ugly it would look with the extra knob :lol:

I recommend it! Just make sure to use a good bit when drilling. Added a depth knob and changed the switch to chorus/vibe on mine a while back.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear