Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:49 pm

I was gifted an Axoloti, looking forward to seeing what's up
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm

spacelordmother wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Spacelordmother let me know there was an Axo Core for sale on another forum. Worra was a member on that forum and struck the deal on my behalf. Love my ILF peeps! Thanks for looking out! :group:

(LOL).

SLM finding all of the Axos.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Pretty sure SLM has programmed himself into Axo. They are one now. They are hive mind. Their presence grows. They will find you.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:45 am

BetterOffShred wrote:I was gifted an Axoloti, looking forward to seeing what's up

#oneofus

codetocontra wrote:Pretty sure SLM has programmed himself into Axo. They are one now. They are hive mind. Their presence grows. They will find you.

spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:03 pm

All my RMA stuff came today. Just look at this stuff.. Jesus Christ. Each one a masterpiece. :love: I'm going to spend a little time with this monster monobius and see what gnarl from the void I can pull.. Curtis is the man
Attachments
JPEG_20190712_152230_crop_951x597-800x502.jpg
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:13 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:All my RMA stuff came today. Just look at this stuff.. Jesus Christ. Each one a masterpiece. :love: I'm going to spend a little time with this monster monobius and see what gnarl from the void I can pull.. Curtis is the man

:rock:

I did shoot a little video with the Monobius, but I'm not delighted on how it turned out. There were a couple instructional tricks there which I'm happy to divulge - but for all intents and purposes I feel like it's very welcoming for as convoluted it looks on the outside. HAVE FUN & sorry about the protracted wait.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:18 pm

It deserves better pics than the one I took on the counter before I had to bounce to go pick up my kid haha.. I'll take some closies
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:48 am

Now that's a hot purple pedal right there. :snax:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:21 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Now that's a hot purple pedal right there. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby doralin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:18 am

BetterOffShred wrote:All my RMA stuff came today. Just look at this stuff.. Jesus Christ. Each one a masterpiece. :love: I'm going to spend a little time with this monster monobius and see what gnarl from the void I can pull.. Curtis is the man

Wow!

That’s enough inspiration to lock myself up for a month :!!!:

What was the wait time? And please if you could report back on first impressions :)*
doralin

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 am

Chankgeez wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Now that's a hot purple pedal right there. :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:46 am

doralin wrote:

Wow!

That’s enough inspiration to lock myself up for a month :!!!:

What was the wait time? And please if you could report back on first impressions :)*

His wait time was pushing 6 months; that included some development/natural process time, but still way too fucking long.

I've been having/fighting some mental "obstacles" the past year or so, and am going to resist the build to order format for a while and focus on short run of various designs.

The Monobius will be built in two flavors, the five knob/three switch standard, and the nine knob/six switch blown out variety. I'm really fond of shipping same or next day I get an order, and am going to bask in that at the expense of purchasers having input on finish or what device is next in line for a while.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Sounds cool--I can sympathize with the block conundrum--everything's getting more and more complex and it seems like I fight shutdown daily. :hug: I mean, I really only want max complexity in my ring mods :lol:
Where should we watch to get on the alert as new batches are made available?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:30 pm

It wasn't that bad of a wait. Curtis was really putting the screws to that circuit and I'm glad he did. The 9 knob is so intuitive in both modes and I just really can't say enough how happy I am with all of these boxes. I consider myself somewhat of a ring mod connessuir, and the monobius does everything I like and then a whole set of things I never dreamed of. I played with it for a good solid 4 hours straight last night.. only breaking to play the Mudlark and tetanus for a bit.. But then right back into monobius. I haven't messed with the carrier in yet but I built some drone boxes with LFO's in anticipation of this feature set.

For any of you madmen out there that want a bananas fuzz/ring mod/octave scenario I can't recommend this monobius variant enough. It's a very inspiring device. I'll quit gushing .. for now ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Dandolin wrote:Sounds cool--I can sympathize with the block conundrum--everything's getting more and more complex and it seems like I fight shutdown daily. :hug: I mean, I really only want max complexity in my ring mods :lol:
Where should we watch to get on the alert as new batches are made available?

:hug:

I'll update my instagram, and facebook pages when single unit trickle stuff surfaces, and update my sub-forum here when I have a run of things complete - one of such a run will also be listed on reverb for random encounters.

Once I churn through a couple more special order things I'll try and start posting a semi-regular behind the scenes developmental updates as well.

I guess to steer the thread back on topic I'll share some recent acquisition of my own:

Sony SQA-100 quad sound decoder, I'm hoping I can tickle some sort of separation out of this strange artifact to abuse synthesizers with.

Rhythm Rods, some stupid looking clip on box that professes to contain drum sounds. I've had a partial peek inside and it looks like a single IC jobber, I'd guess some TI voice chip but have not had the chance to reveal the part number or get any sounds from it.

Also in the pile was a Korg SQD-8 MIDI sequencer. This thing has the notoriously awful Quick Disk back-up system, so this thing will probably wind up being an experimental test bed for a floppy emulator of some sort. Not that I have the time to drive that sort of project or anything, hahahaha.

:picard:

BetterOffShred wrote:It wasn't that bad of a wait. Curtis was really putting the screws to that circuit and I'm glad he did. The 9 knob is so intuitive in both modes and I just really can't say enough how happy I am with all of these boxes. I consider myself somewhat of a ring mod connessuir, and the monobius does everything I like and then a whole set of things I never dreamed of. I played with it for a good solid 4 hours straight last night.. only breaking to play the Mudlark and tetanus for a bit.. But then right back into monobius. I haven't messed with the carrier in yet but I built some drone boxes with LFO's in anticipation of this feature set.

For any of you madmen out there that want a bananas fuzz/ring mod/octave scenario I can't recommend this monobius variant enough. It's a very inspiring device. I'll quit gushing .. for now ;)

Aw, thanks for the kind words and I'm delighted it's treating you right.

:)*

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear