Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby Jero » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:56 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Jero wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:I'll let you know how it is after it gets here. :thumb:

Yesss. The multi function footswitch thing seems useful!

This thing is tiny. :lol: It is adorable.
Multi-function footswitch takes a little gettin' used to. :lol: I'll get the hang of it though. :)*
Once I do it'll definitely be easier to switch up modes. (It should be, in theory, a simple operation. Needs to be quick though & I'm gettin' slow in my old age. Apparently, you can change the footswitch click time. So, if I can't hack it, maybe I could try that. :idk: )
Both the straight fuzz and the octave fuzz sound great! :!!!: Octave fuzz is a little bright sounding on my bridge pickup. (No surprise there.) So, I'll probably stick w/ the neck pickup when usin' the octave. It's a fun pedal. Still curious about the other Beetronics octave pedals.
:rock:
Oh, and the volume is wired in reverse of typical. So, that'll take gettin' accustomed to as well. :snax:

Has to be the same as the Fat Bee enclosure then. So cute :lol: angry little wasp indeed. I'll have to keep an eye out for one, or add it to my ever growing trade list.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:20 pm

Its been a minuet ?

Not a lot of gear moving back and forth - I got three killer instruments and now I am just in the process of tweaking them to my liking. My most recent pick ups are a UA audio recording interface and a mega awesome custom fuzz from my boy Jero. I helped him out with some artwork from an even killer online artist ( montdoom) and he was kind enough to bless me with his take on a DE Shoegazer - way better than the original pedal.

The next items will be a dimebucker set that I am going to install on my Dunnable and a laptop next month. Blending work with my music is a horrible combination - this way I will have one for just music and the other for work if I need it - going to be picking up a macbook air.

I also want to upgrade my case situation and then weed out some old cables for some higher end stuff. :joy:
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:36 am

MaxMaps wrote:Its been a minuet ?

Not a lot of gear moving back and forth - I got three killer instruments and now I am just in the process of tweaking them to my liking. My most recent pick ups are a UA audio recording interface and a mega awesome custom fuzz from my boy Jero.

What UA interface did you get? been casually interested in a new interface for a while and i keep gravitating toward one of theirs. Do you use it with windows or Mac?

And yeah, that stonegazer looks terrific and i bet it sounds equally terrific.

also, hi everyone!
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MaxMaps » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:28 am

Dowi wrote:
MaxMaps wrote:Its been a minuet ?

Not a lot of gear moving back and forth - I got three killer instruments and now I am just in the process of tweaking them to my liking. My most recent pick ups are a UA audio recording interface and a mega awesome custom fuzz from my boy Jero.

What UA interface did you get? been casually interested in a new interface for a while and i keep gravitating toward one of theirs. Do you use it with windows or Mac?

And yeah, that stonegazer looks terrific and i bet it sounds equally terrific.

also, hi everyone!

Hi Dowi!

I got the VOLT 2 as it was not much for a second input and its simple. The bummer about it is that this interface doesn't have all of the sweet UA plug in / jank but it has better preamps compaired to the Focusrite 2i2 which is what I was planning on getting.

I am currently using it with a PC and Reaper - however next month I will be picking up Macbook Air and using that as my personal PC.

The Jero pedal is dreamy - I have so many wild fuzz pedals its glorious - I will be using it for some other projects in the future.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:23 pm

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: In today:

MSsmall.jpg

(vintage KORG MS-20 and MS-50)
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:54 pm

dag, Pepe - score :drool:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:22 am

:drool:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:47 am

A drool-worthy score, indeed! I had never thought that an MS-50 might cross my way. :success:

I was on the search for a vintage MS-20 or a Full Size version, though, because I really and wholeheartedly dislike the mini keys of my otherwise very cool MS-20 mini. Now I have a proper big unit - and using standard sized patch cables is a big plus as well!

The two units need some proper care and love. A lot of knobs crackle and at first some functions refused to work at all. Now I have an awesome summer project! :yay:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:46 pm

:thumb: :)*
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:37 pm

holy shit, Pepe
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:07 am

It's been a minute since I shared some of the new arrivals. Life has been too busy for forums :( but not too busy to get these and start exploring...

first up was this pair...

the RBMK is an electrofoods collab with Dirge that just crushes. Electrofoods continues to impress me and they might be my favorite builder of crushing dirt pedals...although it will always be hard to compete with Dunwich. The RBMK sounds great on both bass and guitar and does the standard thing even better than the wild and crazy thing...worth a look if you want a smaller form factor of some of the electrofoods stuff...it's the Nepenthes Op Amp with the Dirge treatment, so you can dial back the dirge via a knob if you must.

the other box with all the knobs is a Midi Fighter Twister MIDI controller that I got for my Beebo. It has changed the game for me with the Beebo and I barely know what I'm doing still. Being able to have all those assignable knobs at my fingertips to control euro rack modules making a generative beat is just unreal. Although the Beebo can do so much, I find myself gravitating towards the ported eurorack stuff and this little box enables me to really explore that world through the Beebo. HIGHLY recommend this controller to anyone needing twistable knobs...and they also double as buttons and have bank pages...the thing is NUTS!

then this thing arrived a bunch of days ago:

montreal assembly is once again, flipping things on their side - dropping these new pedals at $100 each. I was too slow for the Too Positive (two positive circuits available in stereo!!!) but this one...Uppers is just an incredible sounding fuzz with a footswitch to fold the wave into an octave up. Sounds incredible on bass and guitar.

lastly...just arrived today...MASSIVE thanks to our very own Qersty!!!

long time Broughton never tried...excited to plug it in a bit later.

aside from that, waiting on a bunch of magic pedals and I couldn't resist the CB Generation Loss mkII after the new overview video was released...and waiting on my MAE Laran DIY kit which should show up any day.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:31 pm

Fuck. Don’t know if the order will hold or if someone got to it first. I don’t really need it. But I saw a ‘tide Blackhole for totally stupid cheap on GC’s used listings and I bit.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:10 am

pedz.png
Pedz
pedz.png (320.94 KiB) Viewed 1954 times

One of the first pedals I started pursuing last year was an Earthquaker Devices White Light. I'm not an overdrive guy, but this one is different. It's in the 250/D+ family and nails that compressed Bob Mould sound I treasure with that EQD trademark volume. I wasn't even actively shopping for gear, my partner just asked if I wanted to dip my head in at Dietze. It was such a great experience. I was wearing my Guy Fieri flames shirt and Ned was also wearing one. When I saw a new-old-stock White Light in the counter, I had to play it. I grabbed a Meteora, plugged into a Deluxe Reverb, and cranked the power chords. It was an easy buy. I threw in the Special Cranker for stacking goodness at home.
Now I just need a Meteora with a maple board in a color I like. Might have to grab a Jaguar with humbuckers in the meantime.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:35 am

got a 2nd wagujar :joy:

the intention is to put humbuckers in it but im still undecided on that :bigworry:
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 am

thank god, i was worried my foot wasnt in frame
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext