Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:14 am

Got this in the mail box today: BSRI SFG, and it sounds super massive!
IMG_1616.JPG
Last edited by gila_crisis on Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Paul_C » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:17 am

I have my youngest back with me again for a while other than just for weekends because she keeps falling out with her mother, so to reward myself for all the extra work (I'd happily have her here all the time really) I have located a shiny new Tensor which will be here sometime this week. :!!!: :!!!:

The only downside to having her around is I have less time to play, which is why I've been doing a lot of buying instead - it's no trouble to browse the internet for gear while she's watching endless Sonic the Hedgehog videos on YouTube :lol:

That is the last pedal I REALLY want, though there are plenty more I would like/may well buy when funds allow :) :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:37 pm

Paul_C wrote:I have my youngest back with me again for a while other than just for weekends because she keeps falling out with her mother, so to reward myself for all the extra work (I'd happily have her here all the time really) I have located a shiny new Tensor which will be here sometime this week. :!!!: :!!!:

The only downside to having her around is I have less time to play, which is why I've been doing a lot of buying instead - it's no trouble to browse the internet for gear while she's watching endless Sonic the Hedgehog videos on YouTube :lol:

That is the last pedal I REALLY want, though there are plenty more I would like/may well buy when funds allow :) :)

You are gonna LOVE it...but you might hate it at first...that's pretty normal.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:59 am

I doubt I'll hate it, I don't have the energy for hate ;)

I will enjoy creating more weird nonsense with it, along with everything else, and working out where to put it amidst the the other pedals - my usual approach is to put a new pedal in the space left by whatever is being replaced to begin with, then eventually get round to thinking about placement once I've exhausted what can be done with it wherever it landed :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Adoom » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:15 am

Ordering an Atmosphere and sticking to my weight loss plan which is to order things and then not be able to eat but at least I’ll have the thing and FUCK Neunaber I can’t believe I was even thinking that why was I thinking that I am hungry but spacey and DR SCIENTIST and my Telecaster is blue and this pedal is blue and the whole blue/black aesthetic I’ve accidentally been curating and whooooooooooosh.
I play.

https://linktr.ee/adhamhocaoimh

((( :zen: )))

Wonderful Dealings With: Behndy, lumena, smallsnd/bigsnd, Ryan

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic."
Adoom

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:21 am

Adoom wrote:Ordering an Atmosphere and sticking to my weight loss plan which is to order things and then not be able to eat but at least I’ll have the thing and FUCK Neunaber I can’t believe I was even thinking that why was I thinking that I am hungry but spacey and DR SCIENTIST and my Telecaster is blue and this pedal is blue and the whole blue/black aesthetic I’ve accidentally been curating and whooooooooooosh.

You did well!
Curious to hear your opinion once you get it.
:snax:

Paul_C wrote:I doubt I'll hate it, I don't have the energy for hate ;)

I will enjoy creating more weird nonsense with it, along with everything else, and working out where to put it amidst the the other pedals - my usual approach is to put a new pedal in the space left by whatever is being replaced to begin with, then eventually get round to thinking about placement once I've exhausted what can be done with it wherever it landed :)

It just takes a few hours to know it but knowing the kind of stuff you play, once you get a couple of settings right you'll know you'll love it.
Personally I use it as pitch shifter with artifacts, as a weird layering looper (sort of frippertronics with no decay), or as independent instrument with micro loops and then mangle those messing with knobs.
Watch out for the random knob, after 12 o'clock it gets REAL random.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Paul_C » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:32 am

Dowi wrote:
Paul_C wrote:I doubt I'll hate it, I don't have the energy for hate ;)

It just takes a few hours to know it but knowing the kind of stuff you play, once you get a couple of settings right you'll know you'll love it.
Personally I use it as pitch shifter with artifacts, as a weird layering looper (sort of frippertronics with no decay), or as independent instrument with micro loops and then mangle those messing with knobs.
Watch out for the random knob, after 12 o'clock it gets REAL random.

Real random sounds like my kind of thing :)

I had a quick play to make sure it works (my youngest is watching TV so I'll have to wait until later to have a proper go) with Hedra - Mood - Tensor and even though I barely touched anything I loved it.

I've got so many pedals to get my head round now that I'm hoping I won't need to spend any more money until the end of the year - by then I should be able to pick up something worth waiting for (Blooper perhaps?).

So from here on it should be noodle + record -> Audacity -> Bandcamp albums by the dozen :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Adoom » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Dowi wrote:
Adoom wrote:Ordering an Atmosphere and sticking to my weight loss plan which is to order things and then not be able to eat but at least I’ll have the thing and FUCK Neunaber I can’t believe I was even thinking that why was I thinking that I am hungry but spacey and DR SCIENTIST and my Telecaster is blue and this pedal is blue and the whole blue/black aesthetic I’ve accidentally been curating and whooooooooooosh.

You did well!
Curious to hear your opinion once you get it.
:snax:.

I’m sure it’ll be glowing. Emailed the good doctor himself today to arrange it.

I think after this it might be a Shigeharu Fuzz and a ss/be Mini, then after that the Chase Bliss Audio Blooper might replace my Boomerang III.

If that’s the case, if I can split one of the outlets on a Strymon Ojai to 2 pedals, I’ll essentially have literally everything I need to do the non black hole summoning part of my musical life condensed down to a Pedaltrain Nano+.

Although I went to my friends music store today to recheck one of those Squier Starcasters an ILF member was asking about (serious guitar for your money right there) and a Gretcsh I’ve kinda paid half of off already.
I play.

Adoom

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:45 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:Also coming: Gurus 1959 Double Decker

:grumpy: Came not working.. sent back.. the seller asked for a vid and then said I might not be understanding the pedal's channel stacking.. I think I know that if hitting bypass and no sound comes out [among other things] that something is broken.. :grumpy:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:17 am

Adoom wrote:If that’s the case, if I can split one of the outlets on a Strymon Ojai to 2 pedals, I’ll essentially have literally everything I need to do the non black hole summoning part of my musical life condensed down to a Pedaltrain Nano+.

If they're not 2 digital pedals you shouldn't have problems. Maybe you can use the split cable for the MIni and the fuzz.
i'd like to put together a 4-5 pedalboard for a PTnano+ sooner or later, but my downsizing efforts are not that strong yet.

Blackened Soul wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:Also coming: Gurus 1959 Double Decker

:grumpy: Came not working.. sent back.. the seller asked for a vid and then said I might not be understanding the pedal's channel stacking.. I think I know that if hitting bypass and no sound comes out [among other things] that something is broken.. :grumpy:

it sucks, maybe shipping it caused some problems to the valve? :idk:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Adoom » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:37 am

Dowi wrote:If they're not 2 digital pedals you shouldn't have problems. Maybe you can use the split cable for the MIni and the fuzz.
i'd like to put together a 4-5 pedalboard for a PTnano+ sooner or later, but my downsizing efforts are not that strong yet.

That’s the hope and plan. I know the outlets on the Ojai have like, 500ma coming out of their 9V outlets, and the only super high ma requirements will be the Atmosphere, the El Capistan and the Blooper, which hopefully is 9V.

The Tremolessence seems to do just fine once it has its own little PowerPoint in the current chain, and currently the ss/bs Fuck has its own as well, but I haven’t tested the latter with other pedals per se.

I’m going to try to Shanghai a girl I’ve reconnected with into playing in the band, so the kind of extended textural stereo looping I’m currently working off wouldn’t be as necessary, so I’d really like to be able to strap one of those Mono Dual Cases to my back with the whole pedalboard in one, simple unit and just carry whatever low watt tube amp I’m using on like, public transport for rehearsal/gigs/jams.

It’s very much to do with being practical. And if I can use the Blooper as a fairly simple looper as well as get weird with it, the elimination of the Boomerang would really help with the mobility.
I play.

Adoom

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:17 pm

Basic Audio Super Fuzz and a Behringer V-Verb Pro rack reverb waiting for me to get home
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Adoom » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Behringer and Harley Benton have really upped their game.

When I was playing a Squier Starcaster the other day I was asking my friend who owns the shop “where were the guitars this good this cheap when I was coming up?”.
I play.

Adoom

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:44 pm

Seriously. When I was growing up we had to go to the closest city where there was a music shop, an hour away. All the Strat clones were heavy bricks and played horribly, cut up your fingers on the fret ends and buzzed. All the acoustics were Takamines that I could never afford, for some reason it was only Takamines with that offset sound hole. I played the same crappy Epiphone “Les Paul Special” for like a decade.
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Adoom » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:34 pm

I had like, the cheapest Washburn. Which I was grateful for. A Zoom Multi FX thing and god knows what kinda amp.

I’ve bought and sold a house at this point.

The first acoustic I bought myself was a Baby Taylor which I still have and love.
I play.

Adoom

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear