Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

Postby B.O.B » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Strange Tales wrote:
B.O.B wrote:them random*source are delivering the goods at a pretty good clip this year :!!!: :omg: :joy:
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNcoming

I really want this but I'd rather do all the SMD myself and save a ton of money. Sort of a boner they don't allow you to do this stuff yourself.

yeah R*S seems to fill a weird niche between the hardcore diy'ers and dabblers in diy. perfect for someone like me who doesn't want to deal with surface mount and only has to source pots/jacks toggles and maybe a cap or two. Got all the parts in today for the Triple + Waveshaper and Wave Multipliers..but Modular Addict sent me a through hole Clouds panel/pcb instead of the Wave Multiplier panel/pcb :facepalm:
B.O.B

committed
committed

Postby worra » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:44 pm

INNNNNNNN

https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Dark Barn wrote:Always have wanted a Wal, if only to try it! I've never even seen a Wal IRL. I need a Wal just to have closure.

Seek ye not closure, o ye of the uncanny resemblance to Bengt Ekerot, lest closure be granted. And yet, perforce, I ask: this is known to thee, is't not?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cherler » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:10 pm

worra wrote:INNNNNNNN

NSFW: show

Oooooooooh man, my 856 should be in tomorrow, which I definitely wouldn't have lucked into without your heads up :hug:
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 pm

chrisdermo wrote:Incoming: EHX Clockworks......
My plan is to kinda halfway imitate a Ciat Lonbarde Plumbutter with my current gear....polyrhythmic clock divisions to sequencers of varying step lengths controlling different rhythm modules. :animal:

Scienced.

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
spacelordmother wrote:
ck3 wrote:I also decided to grab one of these:

Given how decent their Katfish envelope filter has proven to be, I'm thinking this will be an accurate reproduction of the Boss HF-2 with a smaller footprint.

I'm not usually into the mini pedal format, but dayum that boss style stomp looks rad.

I'm interested in how it sounds too. :snax:

The Valeton FL-10 arrived late this afternoon. The construction seems solid, though not quite as rugged as the Boss pedal on which it is based. The dimensions of the FL-10 are comparable to those of most other mini pedals (only ever-so-slightly larger).

It has been ages since I owned an original Boss Hi Band Flanger, but I'm thinking the Valeton nails most HF-2 textures I previously enjoyed (though I don't recall the HF-2 oscillating when the res is past 3:00). The promotional video posted earlier in this thread features the majority of the sounds it is capable of producing.

Overall, not bad for a pedal that's $79 new/shipped. I'll probably try their OD-1, TW-1, and FA-1 clones next.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby B.O.B » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:59 pm

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :!!!: :omg: :joy:
Random*Source Serge Triple+ Waveshaper
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
B.O.B

committed
committed

Postby drolo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 am

NWBOAD
new wood burner of awsomeness day

Just got a lovely stove handmade in the UK by Windy Smithy
Still need to iron out some safety kinks (like the electrical wires running behind it ..) but it works great.
I guess it's relative to this thread because it's installed in my music room/work shop ;-)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fuzzonaut » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 am

drolo wrote:NWBOAD
new wood burner of awsomeness day

Just got a lovely stove handmade in the UK by Windy Smithy
Still need to iron out some safety kinks (like the electrical wires running behind it ..) but it works great.
I guess it's relative to this thread because it's installed in my music room/work shop ;-)

:thumb:

Does it oscillate?
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby drolo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:11 am

fuzzonaut wrote: :thumb:

Does it oscillate?

No, but it's granular
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:19 am

^^^ Best bit of kit I've seen all year ^^^
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:11 am

I want to murder USPS. The rest of my Folktek Triad was supposed to arrive on Friday. No updates until Sunday saying it was delayed for whatever reason and wouldn't be delivered until Tuesday. 3 business days late. Fine, whatever. Get a message at 8:57am saying it was undeliverable because the business was closed..... i've been here since 7:30am! There's 200 people here! WHAAAAT? Now i have to wait another day.................... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:12 am

:(
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:19 am

ck3 wrote:This opinion may change if the Charlie Foxtrot proves to be more of a mainstay in my rig than the comparable effect on the Zoom G5 was.

I can post a mini review of the Charlie Foxtrot if and when it arrives (it was purchased during the current 17% off sale from Prymaxe Vintage, who seems to get mixed reviews from their customer base).

I wound up getting it. Found one for 15% off. I love the size and form factor of Malekko so why not?
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:22 am

Ruiner wrote:I want to murder USPS. The rest of my Folktek Triad was supposed to arrive on Friday. No updates until Sunday saying it was delayed for whatever reason and wouldn't be delivered until Tuesday. 3 business days late. Fine, whatever. Get a message at 8:57am saying it was undeliverable because the business was closed..... i've been here since 7:30am! There's 200 people here! WHAAAAT? Now i have to wait another day.................... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's not so bad. Think about all the children who have to wait another day to get their first meal in a week.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear