Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby coupleonapkins » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:23 pm

K2000 wrote:I just looked up the Ibanez Standard Fuzz and the Kay Fuzz on Reverb. There's a $500 Standard Fuzz and the listing says that Dan Auerbach uses it (also a couple of $500 Wau pedals).

The Kay Fuzz was cloned by JHS for the Legends of Fuzz series and the cheapest one is like $150 (used).

Sounds like a cool circuit, I'd like to see a indie builder make a clone.

Basic Audio makes the Kay Fuzz, which may have bean in the last tourbox? Anybuddy out there....?

The Third Man Bumble Buzz is also a variant, and Super Freq sells a DIY board, too, for less than any of these choixes.... ;)

As for the Ibanez, Fredric Standard & Tomkat Ripper are both variants of the Standard Fuzz, which of course peeks into the territory of the Super Fuzz we all know & love (DANELECTRO FRENCHTOAST'dth).

All's I'm sayin' is you can't go wrong with any of 'cheese, but if you want to be hyper vigilant about the part count (which seems to be the defining issue between most of 'em), perhaps a DIY is inn odor?

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:38 pm

It ain’t rocket surgery. The schematics and layouts are out there and the parts aren’t unobtanium—I mean, you can bog down in the specific OG Japanese transistors, but I never got the impression that they were critical. The trickiest thing is identifying the variation on the theme that you want to build, since there are many variations on the themes.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:55 am

I am GASing so hard about a new guitar, I was dreaming about buying a Jackson American Series s3 in white.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:16 am

I received these two KORG pedals recently. The Monarch MMM-22 Metal Master (a rebranded Aria AUM-1 Ultra Metal, which is something like a BOSS HM-2 clone) came for free with the KORG PEQ-1 Parametric EQ, which is like a pimped-up BOSS SP-1 Spectrum. I sold my first exemplar seven years ago and after having tried the SP-1 in 2020 I missed the PEQ-1. The CMP-1 Compressor fetches very high prices in Japan in the last few years, because a famous Japanese band, Boøwy, seems to have used this one and the fantastic OVD-1 Over Drive a lot in the '80s. It is one of the best compressors that I have come across. It has very little noise and with the two knobs and the switch it is very easy to use. The tonal result is remarkably good. I suppose that it was inspired by the BOSS CS-1 and now I get what is meant with the "squashy" sound. I'm not a compressor fanboy, but this one is a keeper, not only for collector's sake!

Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:01 am

Nice scores! :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Paul_C » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:09 am

I bought a green guitar.

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby moozz » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:32 am

Just ordered Roger That and MASF Epilepsy. Soothing sounds await!
moozz

involved
involved

Postby Warpsmasher » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:56 am

MXL 990 Blaze, sexy mic is sexy
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:19 pm

Stupid GAS - I am really in love with a floating floyd Rose Guitar - there is a MIJ Jackson at my local shop that has been modified with passives instead of actives ( which I like) or I may just spend the dough and order a soloist in white from another place.

I am also mega burnt out - my vacation is next week and I am so ready. I cant really buy anything until I get back into town, I am doing my best to put my head down and play some fucking music. Really been enjoying the SG lately - my charvel is already on the chopping block ( lol)
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:37 pm

You never have too many fuzz pedals... Breakfast Audio Damage Fuzz!
E8EB2CEE-2562-4DEC-80FF-6A85FD718AEF.jpeg
E8EB2CEE-2562-4DEC-80FF-6A85FD718AEF.jpeg (118.84 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Pepe » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:41 pm

My recent spending spree. Now I have full sets of the KORG PME-40X and the KORG compact pedal series. The KORG ToneWorks 301dl was slightly defective, but is now fully repaired. Plus three BOSS pedals: MIJ DD-3 (big chip!), MIJ OD-2 and an OS-2 from the first year of production.

Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:50 am

You got good taste Pepe! :love:

Got a Lizard Queen on backorder. I know, JHS yada yada, but I was really intrigued by the initial LQ they made pre EHX approval. All I wanted was that in a small box to at least try, and we got exactly that! Really wanna see how gated it cant get with the balance knob cranked to sun. Plus an octave blend always makes me happy. :snax:

Also, got a new band going and bought a BF-2 off my bassist. Been a bucket list pedal for me for a minute and he was letting it go for a price I couldn't ignore. Its in perfect condition and even has the black knobs, so glad to have it as part of the rig. :doom: :excellent:

Next up is to get ahold of a lace sensor dually for my super strat project. I have a pearly gates in there which is o k, but the lace sound is something I've always liked so I figured fuck it, super strat Jonny Greenwood. :wizard:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Wed May 03, 2023 7:04 pm

Volca Sample incoming, sold out of Eurorack a few months back.
Speaking of Jonny Greenwood, anyone else really tempted to get one of those Shredmaster reissues?
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Fri May 05, 2023 4:16 pm

Craigsliist action - traded my old 12+8U Jamstand with drawers and Idiotbox Flash Stutter for a Holy Fire and Hotone Soul Press II
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 05, 2023 5:11 pm

:thumb: downsiz'd
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear