Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby Pepe » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:09 am

You know that I'm obsessed with the KORG PME-40X pedal system from the early 80s. In the last months I purchased another few modules, for example the "Ext Selector" that I haven't had before and just recently another "Dist Wah" and "Octave V" (Hello, stereo experiments! :cool: ). Only the KNG-101 Noise Gate is still missing. I had one, but I had no real use for it. It's not different now, but I would love to complete the full set.

Two of the Analog Delays, a Chorus, an Ext Selector and an Over Drive are up for sale soon, as are two of the pedal boards (220V) of which I have five units right now. The Wave Shaper in the lower right has been sold to a buyer in California tonight.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:10 am

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:00 am

Ok.. since my lat post... in: Maxon AD999, Broughton Highpass/Lowpass and a Pigtronix mini gold germanium philosopherstone.. I think I'm done for the time being.. be rig is working the way I want it to...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:28 pm

I've been wanting a Fender player series Lead II for a while now, and since I've been letting my Paypal balance pile up little amounts like a piggy bank for 6 months, I decided to break it open and buy one. It's just everything I have thought about for a custom S type build for years. 25.5" scale, hardtail, dual single coils, no strat jack (I love strats, but I hate the jacks with a fiery passion, I have priced so many custom side jack bodies on Warmoth over the years lol), and even my favorite color combo, black/black/maple. I found a great price on one used in excellent condition, so I splurged and got a used Quilter 202 head too, since I've wanted to try one out for years. I did have to ask my friend to bully me into clicking the order button though lol

gearstuff.jpg
gearstuff.jpg (64.47 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:40 pm

Hell yeah Quilter! I'd love to try a 202 (have a 201).

Pepe that collection never ceases to amaze
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby le lambin » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:25 pm

Well I guess I’m out for year without gear- Ibanez CF7 and Dreadbox Komorebi incoming. Flangers gonna flange
le lambin

committed
committed

Postby Dowi » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:40 am

le lambin wrote:Well I guess I’m out for year without gear- Ibanez CF7 and Dreadbox Komorebi incoming. Flangers gonna flange

Heck yeah! Komorebi is sick! Be sure to push that feedback knob and time knob together.. so much metallic resonance :love:
It also does great chorus sounds.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby le lambin » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:26 am

I’m really liking it so far- the UI is really cool and gets me to use flange sounds I normally wouldn’t dial in- namely more intense stuff.
le lambin

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:27 pm

Last fuzzy addictions to my drive arsenal.
7AA52CC3-AEC1-4050-B7EE-4183B3E485F5.jpeg
7AA52CC3-AEC1-4050-B7EE-4183B3E485F5.jpeg (115.13 KiB) Viewed 950 times
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby le lambin » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:05 pm

gila_crisis wrote:Last fuzzy addictions to my drive arsenal.

Sick! The Spite Box in particular looks really cool, I'd love to try one. Hope you like it.
le lambin

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:38 pm

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby gila_crisis » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:11 am

le lambin wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:Last fuzzy addictions to my drive arsenal.

Sick! The Spite Box in particular looks really cool, I'd love to try one. Hope you like it.

Uh yes both are very cool and feature this kind of Green Ringer octafuzz, but while Angel Teeth is more rough, rotten and wild, Spite Box sounds MASSIVE and nasty.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:34 pm

Pepe wrote:You know that I'm obsessed with the KORG PME-40X pedal system from the early 80s. In the last months I purchased another few modules, for example the "Ext Selector" that I haven't had before and just recently another "Dist Wah" and "Octave V" (Hello, stereo experiments! :cool: ). Only the KNG-101 Noise Gate is still missing. I had one, but I had no real use for it. It's not different now, but I would love to complete the full set.

Two of the Analog Delays, a Chorus, an Ext Selector and an Over Drive are up for sale soon, as are two of the pedal boards (220V) of which I have five units right now. The Wave Shaper in the lower right has been sold to a buyer in California tonight.

That collection is simply marvelous! Fantastic job!!! :love:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:46 am

Thanks! I had two boards with each four modules on stage (first gig in years!) last saturday. My young brother was envious that my simple setup sounded better than his pedalboard with a pile of (mainly cheap) single pedals.

I still have to try out the Octave V and the Dist Wah in stereo. In my opinion the first one is the world's best analogue octaver ever made and the latter is my poor man's Mu-Tron III. I love these two to pieces and the rest is awesome as well. :yay:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby moozz » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:39 am

Just realized I can order pedals from US sellers to my friend's place in NJ and avoid paying silly international shipping and the 24% Finnish import VAT. The only downside is waiting for months and months before the pedals make it here with my friend. If I am saving 100 EUR or possibly even more on an expensive pedal then hell yes I can wait. The access to cheaper gear is dangerously lucrative though. Already ordered an Industrialectric Thermionic Actuator this way.
moozz

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear