Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby Big Mon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:37 pm

No worries. Madness, same behavior, different results, all that...
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ratrod » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:23 pm

'Bout to join the green ringer gang, got a black Chicago Stompworks coming this week!

Curious to try using it with a clean tone in subtle ways, any tips?

I play humbuckers btw
ratrod

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:27 pm

:D

Green Ringer works well with a little somethin' on either side of it. Depending on what I wanna hear, I like some compression and/or boost before it. Also fuzz. Fuzz after and/or something like DOD 250 may also work well. So, I'd suggest tryin' it with all your cleanish gain devices both before and/or after. (I play single coils, but your results should hopefully be somewhat similar.)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ratrod » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Thanks Chankgeez I knew you’d chime in!

I’m moving towards a smaller pedalboard and leaning on amp dirt, ever used a green ringer in an effects loop?
ratrod

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm

In: Seagull M4 Dulcimer - didn't realize I needed one of these until one popped up locally for super cheap. Really fun to play!

Incoming: Novation Circuit Mono Station - also didn't realize I need one of these until I was offered one in a trade and I watched a few demos. Should be fun to integrate with my other synths.

Out: Field Kit FX and Patchulator
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby frodog » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Stoked to have a sampler at last! Still getting the hang of it but it's quite easy to use and has rad effects.

smpltrk.jpg
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:09 pm

That sampler looks nifty. I have a slightly-discounted TC Electronic Eyemaster inbound, which will be included in a super chainsaw A/B/C comparison with a Walrus Audio Red and Earthbound Audio Throat Locust. \M/y ears will probably never forgive \m/e.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby resincum » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:17 pm

after a year of contemplation I finally got a Boog :evil: I was in pure bliss listening to it run through a particle and space. started recording horror sound tracks immediately haha. now I need some more LFOs. can't wait for the PRO ONE to come out.
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dungus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Jut remembered I have a Zoom Sampletrak that's been in my closet for... 20 years?! Jeezo
Anyway, they are awesome. Used it as my bands backing tracks/samples/rhythm section for years, many shows and recordings. Enjoy!

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:10 pm

ck3 wrote:That sampler looks nifty. I have a slightly-discounted TC Electronic Eyemaster inbound, which will be included in a super chainsaw A/B/C comparison with a Walrus Audio Red and Earthbound Audio Throat Locust. \M/y ears will probably never forgive \m/e.

Oh cool... please share your findings.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:15 am

Got a whirlwind phaser in. It comes in a black velvet drawstring bag like a sex toy
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Deltaphoenix » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:45 am

I went off the deep end awhile back:
https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipNhtYPhsX3XTexTMXO5fWoQkinbRNo8ogvqlQVX

2001 Alembic Series 1, it has the filter-based preamps, individual output per pickup. I have never liked Burl tops but damn, loving this one.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby frodog » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:20 am

Dungus wrote:Jut remembered I have a Zoom Sampletrak that's been in my closet for... 20 years?! Jeezo
Anyway, they are awesome. Used it as my bands backing tracks/samples/rhythm section for years, many shows and recordings. Enjoy!

Ha! That's funny, the guy I bought it from said he'd gotten it from someone who kept it in a closet for 20 years.

I took it to rehearsal this weekend, and since the drummer wasn't there we used it to loop drums and such. Managed to trip over the power cable (drunk), Zoom fell on my pedalboard, my head on the corner of a cabinet, both still work! There are a lot of functions on it I don't know, but reading through the manual online. Be curious if you had any simple tricks to share, like sample rate preference/stereo or mono/single drums or full kit loops?
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:51 am

frodog wrote:
Dungus wrote:Jut remembered I have a Zoom Sampletrak that's been in my closet for... 20 years?! Jeezo

Ha! That's funny, the guy I bought it from said he'd gotten it from someone who kept it in a closet for 20 years.

I took it to rehearsal this weekend, and since the drummer wasn't there we used it to loop drums and such. Managed to trip over the power cable (drunk), Zoom fell on my pedalboard, my head on the corner of a cabinet, both still work! There are a lot of functions on it I don't know, but reading through the manual online. Be curious if you had any simple tricks to share, like sample rate preference/stereo or mono/single drums or full kit loops?

No, sorry, it's been so long since we used it, I can't remember too much. All I do really remember is trying to cram as much onto our little SD cards as possible, so most of the samples were super low quality. Changing SD cards between songs is pretty funny and sad, come to think of it.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:00 am

TKOG Mini Glitch!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear