Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:09 pm

I'll tell you this! He's semi-newly married and mostly likely doesn't have kids.

So what he does is save money for gear! LOL!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:13 pm

jwar wrote:I'll tell you this! He's semi-newly married and mostly likely doesn't have kids.

4100$ is still a lot of money, even with no kids!

Btw I almost asked you if I could pay for a Boneshaker and put in your address since they only ship to the lower 48.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:25 pm

actualidiot wrote:
jwar wrote:I'll tell you this! He's semi-newly married and mostly likely doesn't have kids.

Btw I almost asked you if I could pay for a Boneshaker and put in your address since they only ship to the lower 48.

Come at me bro! I'll do it. You want it, let me know quick! :)

Also, before I had kids, I had a cheap as fuck mortgage, no car payment and tons of money. I was making bank back in my early 20's. I could have easily dropped that on pedals but I didn't care about them at that time. :(
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:33 pm

jwar wrote:
actualidiot wrote:

Come at me bro! I'll do it. You want it, let me know quick! :)

Also, before I had kids, I had a cheap as fuck mortgage, no car payment and tons of money. I was making bank back in my early 20's. I could have easily dropped that on pedals but I didn't care about them at that time. :(

Thanks much apprec! Sadly, next month's gear money is almost as good as spent already. I say sadly. It's not sad at all :lol:

I guess you're right, maybe I should just get a job :)*
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ruiner » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:35 pm

I've been in sales most of my life. Found a good company and worked my way up to Sales Director an then up to VP of Operations. I do well but took a pay cut recently without cutting my gear purchases and now I need to slow down before I screw myself with credit card debt... I never said i was a smart man! Haha.. I'll be fine though. Most of what I'm purchasing is from selling other gear which luckily I have a lot of and that's my little savings account these days :lol: so I'll still be buying more frequently than average but I think you all have already witnessed my peak ending with the Folktek.

...... until I go modular :cool:

It's like my mom always said "you only live once! Buy more Folktek!" That might not be verbatim but something like that.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Speaking of only living once...I bought this fucker within ten minutes of finding out about it this morning. Insanely impulsive purchase. Wish I looked into this brand earlier.
It's like my Dad used to say, "Son...one day you will need a pedal with 14 knobs"
Last edited by $harkToootth on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JTurbide » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Ruiner wrote:It's like my mom always said "you only live once! Buy more Folktek!" That might not be verbatim but something like that.

:lol: omg haha!

While we're there, I really enjoyed your track called ''let the right one in'' , and the video is great too! :)
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby actual » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Ruiner wrote:I've been in sales most of my life. Found a good company and worked my way up to Sales Director an then up to VP of Operations. I do well but took a pay cut recently without cutting my gear purchases and now I need to slow down before I screw myself with credit card debt... I never said i was a smart man! Haha.. I'll be fine though. Most of what I'm purchasing is from selling other gear which luckily I have a lot of and that's my little savings account these days :lol: so I'll still be buying more frequently than average but I think you all have already witnessed my peak ending with the Folktek.

It's like my mom always said "you only live once! Buy more Folktek!" That might not be verbatim but something like that.

Ah, that's tight. Cool!
My mom usually tells me "Life's a bitch, spend your money on coke and strippers! Only then will you know true happiness"
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ruiner » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:45 pm

JTurbide wrote:
Ruiner wrote:It's like my mom always said "you only live once! Buy more Folktek!" That might not be verbatim but something like that.

:lol: omg haha!

While we're there, I really enjoyed your track called ''let the right one in'' , and the video is great too! :)

Thanks man! A lot more like that on the way. That one was a bit old as well as the other singles I put out but I think I've crafted a sound and maaaaaaybe have enough tools to do it :lol:
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ruiner » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:46 pm

actualidiot wrote:
Ruiner wrote:I've been in sales most of my life. Found a good company and worked my way up to Sales Director an then up to VP of Operations. I do well but took a pay cut recently without cutting my gear purchases and now I need to slow down before I screw myself with credit card debt... I never said i was a smart man! Haha.. I'll be fine though. Most of what I'm purchasing is from selling other gear which luckily I have a lot of and that's my little savings account these days :lol: so I'll still be buying more frequently than average but I think you all have already witnessed my peak ending with the Folktek.

Ah, that's tight. Cool!
My mom usually tells me "Life's a bitch, spend your money on coke and strippers! Only then will you know true happiness"

I think I've taken your mom's advice too.....
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:49 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Speaking of only loving once...I bought this fucker within ten minutes of finding out about it the morning. Insanely impulsive purchase. Wish I looked into this brand earlier.
It's like my Dad used to say, "Son...one day you will need a pedal with 14 knobs"

I hated that pedal so damn much it's not even funny. LOL! Behndy let me try his and it was a super duper one. Killed every low I had.

I think most of his pedals are like that on bass unfortunatley.

It doesn't help that I hate Dub Step either.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Ruiner wrote:
actualidiot wrote:

Ah, that's tight. Cool!

I think I've taken your mom's advice too.....

I'm too tired, shouldn't be making jokes :snax:
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:22 pm

jwar wrote: I hated that pedal so damn much it's not even funny. LOL! Behndy let me try his and it was a super duper one. Killed every low I had.

I think most of his pedals are like that on bass unfortunatley.

It doesn't help that I hate Dub Step either.

The white noise envelope thing he has intrigued me as well. Wasn't wild about the demo so I plan to see what I can do with this vs his demo then maybe pick that one up. Agent Cooper as pedal art is always a plus.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:24 pm

And to prove my restraint I just passed up a digdugdiy 12 bit sampler........ but you shouldn't! They're available on their etsy but I'm sure will go quick as always.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 pm

It's gone already. lol

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear