Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? The thread of and for GAS!

Postby fcknoise » Mon May 18, 2015 3:12 am

Haha thank you for the info on my pedal sir. I do know that it kicks ass, and it's making me want more fuzzhugger
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Mon May 18, 2015 6:23 am

Goroth and his sexy knowledge knowing ways. :love:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Sparrow » Mon May 18, 2015 11:37 am

Eivind August wrote:Goroth and his sexy knowledge knowing ways. :love:

:!!!:
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon May 18, 2015 11:48 am

goroth wrote:The switch on the suneater reduces the input gain with a fixed resistor. The clip knob blends between two different combinations of clipping diodes. The extra switch engages the oscillation and the frequency of the oscillation is partially determined by the fourth knob, the osc knob which is only active when the oscillation mode is selected.

Everyone needs a suneater.

Yes they do. Interesting! I'm always intrigued by the crazy modded fuzzhuggers everyone has. So far my regular suneater is a-ok but I wouldn't mind trying some of that modded stuff at some point.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon May 18, 2015 12:31 pm

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :!!!: :yay: :!!!: :yay: :!!!:
Morley Model EDL Electrostatic Delay Line :drool:
Attachments
oday.jpg
oday.jpg (39.16 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Mon May 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :!!!: :yay: :!!!: :yay: :!!!:

Awesome! How different does it sound from your other Morley?
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon May 18, 2015 12:44 pm

lordgalvar wrote:
Uncle Grandfather wrote:NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :!!!: :yay: :!!!: :yay: :!!!:

Awesome! How different does it sound from your other Morley?

As far as I can tell they are the same oil can design, but this one goes into crazy oscillation pretty easily. Sounds soupy as fuck in the best way. I need to spend more time with it but the initial run through sounded awesome, I think it might have a stronger signal strength than my evo-1.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Mon May 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Well, my suboctave fuzz quest has come full circle. After trying the latest Second Voice, an older Second Voice, Copilot Cubic (twice!) and a Subterranea, I'm back to the Second Voice v3. It was my first major GAS item and I've always regretted flipping it. The harmonies plus suboctave plus clean blend plus a fuzz circuit make it pretty unique. And the gate on it is amazing. I haven't been able to find another octave pedal that gives me quite the same angry synth tones that I can get out of the SV. Dat 5th down + Sub setting is Fucking gnarly.

I also have an Ogopogo RRR on the way! Gonna stick it right in the middle of my chain. The only dilemma is should I put it pre- Warped Vinyl or post- Warped Vinyl? Also, I already want a second reverb to make a nice little sandwich. I'm thinking of getting a madbean cave dweller and a rub a dub reverb built into the same box for pre-dirt slapback/verb surfgaze tones.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon May 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Pre warped vinyl = the sound of a nice record with a nice reverb that has warped in the sun.
Post warped vinyl = the sound of a nice record that has warped in the sun in a nice room.

I say go pre!

monkeydancer wrote:
goroth wrote:The switch on the suneater reduces the input gain with a fixed resistor. The clip knob blends between two different combinations of clipping diodes. The extra switch engages the oscillation and the frequency of the oscillation is partially determined by the fourth knob, the osc knob which is only active when the oscillation mode is selected.

Yes they do. Interesting! I'm always intrigued by the crazy modded fuzzhuggers everyone has. So far my regular suneater is a-ok but I wouldn't mind trying some of that modded stuff at some point.

The resistance on the input is similar to turning down the volume on your guitar. The clipping knob lets you seamlessly blend between the two settings on the diode clipping switch which is on the regular. If you're a dude who likes to use your volume knob then you'll have noticed how well the Suneater cleans up, and that might mitigate the need for the input resistor low gain thinger. The only difference is that lowering your volume on your guitar changes the impedance of your guitar a little, whereas doing it on the pedal leaves the impedance of your guitar the same, but changes the impedance of the pedal. Dunno what the difference there is in audio terms though :?: Someone smarter may need to chime in.

The oscillation is fucking brutal. TBH I like the oscillation on the AB synth a lot more. But it's fun to have because more oscillation = moar better.

tl;dr: I like the basic suneater. And the over the top one. But the basic one is rad.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby KaosCill8r » Mon May 18, 2015 2:47 pm

goroth wrote:Pre warped vinyl = the sound of a nice record with a nice reverb that has warped in the sun.
Post warped vinyl = the sound of a nice record that has warped in the sun in a nice room.

I say go pre!

monkeydancer wrote:

The resistance on the input is similar to turning down the volume on your guitar. The clipping knob lets you seamlessly blend between the two settings on the diode clipping switch which is on the regular. If you're a dude who likes to use your volume knob then you'll have noticed how well the Suneater cleans up, and that might mitigate the need for the input resistor low gain thinger. The only difference is that lowering your volume on your guitar changes the impedance of your guitar a little, whereas doing it on the pedal leaves the impedance of your guitar the same, but changes the impedance of the pedal. Dunno what the difference there is in audio terms though :?: Someone smarter may need to chime in.

The oscillation is fucking brutal. TBH I like the oscillation on the AB synth a lot more. But it's fun to have because more oscillation = moar better.

tl;dr: I like the basic suneater. And the over the top one. But the basic one is rad.

I don't know if I'm smarter than you but I'll chime in anyway. :lol: I built a little box with a control for input resistance that is at the start of my board. It kind of works like an anti-buffer. I find by adding some resistance it knocks a bit of top end and a little bit of bottom end off your tone. Gives humbuckers a kind of p90 or single coil sound and feel depending on how far you wind it back. It also tames active pickups so they behave better with fuzzes. I love to use it with Ge fuzzes. Gives them a much warmer sound than they already have. It works great with all dirt though, od, dist and fuzz. Easy to build if your inclined. Check the schematic for the Mastotron. Just build the push/relax control in a box with a true bypass switch or not. I just prefer to be able to remove it from the chain if needed.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gaussgunn » Mon May 18, 2015 3:22 pm

teenage engineering po-16 factory ( lead synth ) :yay:
Rusty fuzz demos => viewtopic.php?f=149&t=45595
vintage fuzz, amps, guitars gallery => http://www.fuzzyeah.com
instagram => https://www.instagram.com/fuzzyeah
gaussgunn

committed
committed

Postby Strange Tales » Mon May 18, 2015 4:47 pm

The reverb is really nice at least. I think whats wrong with it is that the toggle switch is broken, but the toggle is currently set on normal. If I flip that over I should hear the echoing again.

木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Mon May 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Confession: working or not, I'd rock one of those for the looks.
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Mon May 18, 2015 5:16 pm

IN! :!!!:

Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Mon May 18, 2015 5:35 pm

Brandsmannen wrote:Confession: working or not, I'd rock one of those for the looks.

That's what the dude from yeah yeah yeah does. Haha.

Does look nice, strange.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear