Twin Dongs and the Eighth Dimension

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Effector 13 Is Back

Postby The_Active_Conundrum » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:29 am

goroth wrote:
KaosCill8r wrote:
Devi as a person regardless of behaviour has fairly high profile within the pedal buying public.
Devi as a brand even more so.
Joe Average can't separate the two.
Devi as a person has no access to Devi as a brand.
Create a shit storm, devalue the brand.
Reacquire brand because Mr and Mrs Dwarf already have one successful business and with all the shit one has to put up with running a business anyway, why bother with more right?
Reunite Devi the person and brand.
Profit.

I don't think Devi has high profile anymore.
When she did- it wasn't really that high profile.
Nowhere near Keeley (or Vex or Fuller)-but big in ILF-type environments
Sure she had a pedal featured in Guitar World
Sure she had a deal with musician's friend
- but even at the brand peak it wasn't even a household name within the pedal buying public.
Great dealings with: ryan summit, UncleGrandfather, Pizza, hbombgraphics, dangergirlstarship, Clockworker, kosta
The_Active_Conundrum

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:23 am

Do I dare to interject? But I actually think the new graphics and general appearance of the E13 Soda-Meiser is pretty kickass. Not $225 kickass. Not even $60 kickass, honestly. But pretty cool nonetheless.
Also, seeing as I've grown to love Dwarfcraft and have been following the Devi story since it first started; I think Dwarfcraft should find a way to put the name on the backburner, whereby they still own it and it's still there so Devi can't get a hold of it, while transferring the majority of Devi effects over to Dwarfcraft so that her constant shit doesn't affect sales. :idk:

Seriously though, that's kinda cool. Maybe I'll use that design when I get around to vero-ing the SM.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:25 am

hey it looks like a coca cola can wow thats cool man

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:31 am

casecandy wrote:Dwarfcraft should just co-opt the Devi pedals as Dwarfcraft pedals.

Because at this point, they are...

I mean the new Silver Rose literally has an ECT circuit in it...?

Or sell the Devi brand. I mean, if they could make bank on selling it, that's what I would do. If not, rebrand is a good idea.

Is she really releasing a Soda Meiser???? That you can send a letter from a lawyer for. :) Especially if you have legal documents on it. Doesn't mean she won't do it still, but man...come on.

Oh I forgot I wasn't commenting in this thread anymore. :picard:
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby sylnau » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:05 am

jrfox92 wrote:Do I dare to interject? But I actually think the new graphics and general appearance of the E13 Soda-Meiser is pretty kickass. Not $225 kickass. Not even $60 kickass, honestly. But pretty cool nonetheless.
Also, seeing as I've grown to love Dwarfcraft and have been following the Devi story since it first started; I think Dwarfcraft should find a way to put the name on the backburner, whereby they still own it and it's still there so Devi can't get a hold of it, while transferring the majority of Devi effects over to Dwarfcraft so that her constant shit doesn't affect sales. :idk:

Seriously though, that's kinda cool. Maybe I'll use that design when I get around to vero-ing the SM.

That is not really a new design.
The Ooh La La Soda Meiser:
http://stompthatbox.com/pedals/sodareview.asp

Image :idk:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby morange » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:16 pm

morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby The_Active_Conundrum » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:36 pm

Dungus wrote:hey it looks like a coca cola can wow thats cool man

If I had to buy one, that's the styling I'd prefer.

It'd be even radder if it were housed in a coca cola can. Just crush one and put jacks and knobs on it, like its a mini Fuzz Face.

I guess you wouldn't even have to crush it, just take a can, cut into the side, drain the fluid, cut out the middle of the aluminum, drill holes for jacks and knobs, reinforce the tab/mouth area so it can't be opened in the traditional way, seal it and itd be mini fuzz face size.

Or just get a TGD or ECT. Not that I have either.
Great dealings with: ryan summit, UncleGrandfather, Pizza, hbombgraphics, dangergirlstarship, Clockworker, kosta
The_Active_Conundrum

experienced
experienced

Postby Sparkfriction » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:11 am

The_Active_Conundrum wrote:
goroth wrote:
KaosCill8r wrote:
Devi as a person regardless of behaviour has fairly high profile within the pedal buying public.
Devi as a brand even more so.
Joe Average can't separate the two.
Devi as a person has no access to Devi as a brand.
Create a shit storm, devalue the brand.
Reacquire brand because Mr and Mrs Dwarf already have one successful business and with all the shit one has to put up with running a business anyway, why bother with more right?
Reunite Devi the person and brand.
Profit.

I don't think Devi has high profile anymore.
When she did- it wasn't really that high profile.
Nowhere near Keeley (or Vex or Fuller)-but big in ILF-type environments
Sure she had a pedal featured in Guitar World
Sure she had a deal with musician's friend
- but even at the brand peak it wasn't even a household name within the pedal buying public.

i still dont get it. People talk about Devi / Devi Ever Fx as a pioneer in fuzz and tone. there was never high profil IMO - that means nothing about her, the pedals/builds and who likes or use her pedals.
"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."
Sparkfriction

involved
involved

Postby gordian knot » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:08 pm

Sparkfriction wrote:
i still dont get it. People talk about Devi / Devi Ever Fx as a pioneer in fuzz and tone. there was never high profil IMO - that means nothing about her, the pedals/builds and who likes or use her pedals.

FWIW I watched her get into electronics on the old HCFX when that was active. So I remember her from before she was building stuff

I thought of her as more of a monetizer than a pioneer. She basically did circuit bends, the kind of stuff everyone plays around with on the breadboard (or remember those old ratshack x-in-1 electronic kits with the spring patch points?) if they are into electronics.

IMO her main thrust was marketing/branding more than moving fuzz along tonally or technically. Personally, I think she hung out her shingle too early (there were a lot of quality problems), but getting into the monetization aspect right off the bat seems to be a pattern. Years ago I saw where she posted an early BBS of hers for nostalgia...and it was a pay model (I'm not against a pay models, but there's a question of product value).
She went into videogames the same way, looking to monetize before really having a handle on SW development, and now, sadly, it appears she's spending her time pursuing the aspiration of being a web-pundit.
I say sadly, because she also is asking for donations because she doesn't think she'll have the money to cover living expenses. It seems a grossly irresponsible thing to spend time on considering she is leaving kickstarters (I think there are a few here) out in the cold again to pursue another dream.
gordian knot

committed
committed

Postby Confuzzled » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:43 pm

gordian knot wrote:
Sparkfriction wrote:

FWIW I watched her get into electronics on the old HCFX when that was active. So I remember her from before she was building stuff

I thought of her as more of a monetizer than a pioneer. She basically did circuit bends, the kind of stuff everyone plays around with on the breadboard (or remember those old ratshack x-in-1 electronic kits with the spring patch points?) if they are into electronics.

IMO her main thrust was marketing/branding more than moving fuzz along tonally or technically. Personally, I think she hung out her shingle too early (there were a lot of quality problems), but getting into the monetization aspect right off the bat seems to be a pattern. Years ago I saw where she posted an early BBS of hers for nostalgia...and it was a pay model (I'm not against a pay models, but there's a question of product value).
She went into videogames the same way, looking to monetize before really having a handle on SW development, and now, sadly, it appears she's spending her time pursuing the aspiration of being a web-pundit.
I say sadly, because she also is asking for donations because she doesn't think she'll have the money to cover living expenses. It seems a grossly irresponsible thing to spend time on considering she is leaving kickstarters (I think there are a few here) out in the cold again to pursue another dream.

I've been following her and her shenanigans on FB and I find it hard to feel bad for her financial situation when she's posting pictures of toys she bought, or talking about the drugs that she's smoked that day (I'm not angel, so I'm not judging, but if you can buy weed, and not have money for food your priorities are seriously fucked), so her BS falls on deaf ears with me. Don't have money for a pizza? eleven sells giant microwaved burritos for $3. I've gone through periods where I was living on .50 cans of baked beans and whatever I could get on clearance at the supermarket. Where there's a will there's a way. Folks get by with less.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Sparkfriction » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:15 am

i would never feel bad for her. Honestly, i have enough problems myself and money sits tight because of my own problems - some of them are selfmade, others not... Nobody will come around and say "oh Benni boy, i think you are awesome and i will help you out just for nothing" no, it was the help from real friends and it was always related to hard and dirty work to get the ass out of shit. i totaly forgot about devi for a long time. Back in the days i felt sorry for her on some points and so far i was never against her. Currently she drives me mad and she is the perfect example of a fucked up generation who gives a shit about the people around her. i am the last one who compare apples and oranges, but god damn. in other countrys people die because of no food and this bitch asks for money on the web. i sold my gear when i lost my job and did some mini jobs far away from my real profession. - yeah life is a bitch!

back to topic: i simple never liked her pedals, always to loud/crazy and ugly on top - ok thats just me who dont like the designs - its subjective. i have no clue about build quality but since i had pedals from Skreddy or EarthQuaker Devices i simply stop to care for her pedals.
Sparkfriction

involved
involved

Postby rustywire » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:49 am

Not sure if toeing the line of rule #1 or amusing example of SWISH
NSFW: show
Sparkfriction wrote:back to topic: i simple never liked her pedals, always to loud/crazy and ugly on top

When art imitates life.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:54 am

rustywire wrote:Not sure if toeing the line of rule #1 or amusing example of SWISH
NSFW: show
Sparkfriction wrote:back to topic: i simple never liked her pedals, always to loud/crazy and ugly on top

When art imitates life.

Nah. I don't think that's a violation. I mean at this point, being an asshole to Devi is pretty normal. Besides, they didn't say ugly in the form of anything specific. So that's up in the air as to what they mean.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Sparkfriction » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:06 am

hu? sorry, i dont get it and i dont want to break any rules. i meant i dont like the pedals and the design was never for me. ugly was maybe harsh... but thats my opinion.

i am not 100% sure if i understand.

also, i am not an asshole to devi. i am just honest what i am thinking. and why "they" ?

i am confused.
Sparkfriction

involved
involved

Postby rustywire » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 am

Not you, me. I should have said "Not sure if I'm toeing the line..." because it's my (dry) humor that tends to dwell in and around that line.

"When art imitates life" is the punch.

[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear