for those that use velcro on your pedals

Moderator: Ghost Hip

for those that use velcro on your pedals

Postby Confuzzled » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:55 am

do you have an average width that is your go to velcro size? I’ve varied between 1” & 2” depending on pedal size. Is there an alternative to velcro that you prefer?
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: for those that use velcro on your pedals

Postby manymanyhaha » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:21 am

Confuzzled wrote:do you have an average width that is your go to velcro size? I’ve varied between 1” & 2” depending on pedal size. Is there an alternative to velcro that you prefer?

Sometimes use Double Lock, if I really want it to grip.

Can be a bit like getting hot water in the shower, there is a sweet spot and it is determined by the quality of the velcro, the size and weight of the pedal, what it is attached to, at what angle, if it will be stationary or mobile, etc. I've put too much on before and needed a crowbar to get the damn things off :lol:
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:15 am

i like the small kind or the big kind cut to smaller strips
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:32 pm

Did a trade for a pedal that came to me with a wide patch of DualLock on it and the fucker did not quit without a major fight. Eventually used a mini pry and it went flying into the face of one of my guitars. Maybe not the way to go if you change up your pedalboard frequently.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bartimaeus » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:22 pm

i also like to cut the velcro into strips. makes it a LOT easier to remove it. i use 2" but it doesn't really matter. i usually put one strip at the top of the pedal and another at the bottom, and perhaps a third in the middle if needed.
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby qersty » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:27 am

I usually put both strips on the bottom but you do you :p
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby solewheelin » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:03 pm

Heres what i like to do. It's a way that avoids any peeling of velcro. I like 1" velcro because 2 is overkill IMO,
and is known to peel off any labels if you don't mask them first.

The soft side goes on the board. If it's a DIY type wooden board, you can cut it oversized and wrap it over the side (to the bottom if you want) and tack it down with tiny black tack nails (not those narrow headed panelling nails) along the edges and spaced out on top of the board. They're invisible and will make the velcro stay on a raw wooden board pretty permanently. It's also adding velcro on the side of the board if you need it for an altoids tin, buffer, etc.

For pedals, Decide if its best to put it on the pedal vertically or horizontal, then remove the back panel. Measure velcro against the panel, but cut it around 2" oversized. then leaving 1" overhang on each side, firmly stick it to back panel of pedal while tightly folding that extra 1" in. The panel will then clamp down on that extra bit of velcro when screwed in and nothing will peel off ever.
This is pretty easy to do with boss pedals and you can also avoid the label. 1" velcro FTW.
Great deals (here) with - Skip (x2), Brochacho, TheInk'd, rfurtkamp, phantasmagorovich, foomanfat, Helter, hbombgraphics (x3), buyyerown, deucejanisch, jrmy, HotRats, Chuckjaywalk, uberdave, alexsga, ianmarks (Turnipfarm FX), RainbowsAreFree, tsirotinsky, JustinM1789m, zrobertez, jrh60, Casavettes, John, tashiattack, symbolique, aen, chrisdermo, fldrvr, controlFreak
solewheelin

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:01 pm

DUAL LOOOOOOOCCCCCKKKKK!!!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:04 pm

All the pedals I got from goroth with dual lock are permanently stuck to my board. Luckily they're nice pedals.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:28 pm

I get the industrial strength (not dual lock) at home depot or wherever. It comes in a 10 foot roll and it is rated to hold 10lbs so holds plenty fine and is easy enough to pry off for constant pedal swapping.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pete » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:37 pm

I'm not a fan of dual lock on pedals. I tried it, and it's just not for me. I like to move pedals around my board a lot, and swap stuff out for other stuff. Regular Pedaltrain velcro does the job fine for me. I also tend to cover the whole back with velcro, cause why not?
Pete

experienced
experienced

Return to General Gear