Failed Pedal Lines and Companies

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Failed Pedal Lines and Companies

Postby The Eristic » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:03 am

cosmicevan wrote:I don't think you can call SSBS failed by any stretch of the imagination, but all signs point to Brian having moved onto other things. Sadly reverb has figured it out...

Looks like the same story with Penny Pedals. All seem to be bringing $250-400 now, too. :cry:
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:44 am

Gone Fission wrote:
3205 wrote:I'm morbidly curious about what Samsung/Harman is going to do with DigiTech/DOD now. It's an ant of a brand underneath an elephantine corporation. They laid off everyone who had ever had anything to do with it - hundreds of years of collective experience (seriously, after nearly a decade I was still the new guy). Watch that space, I guess.

Some chatter today that zombie Digitech and DOD have been canceling and refunding orders, though maybe (don’t count on it) some orders to retailers are supposed to be fulfilled. Maybe the endgame. Maybe a step towards someone else getting the brands and hopefully the IP and putting it to good use.

new development, apparently: https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/d ... t-guitars/

not sure what this might mean for those still hoping to score a non-oop-inflated price on one of digitech/dod's latest line - but maybe Cortek/Cort is more interested in actually interested in doing something/anything with the brands than Samsung was - i mean, presumably they paid something specifically for it and it wasn't just a throw-in as part of a deal where the focus was elsewhere.... :idk:

from the quote in the article tho it doesn't seem like Tom Cram, for one, recommends holding your breath or anything :snax:

also, how lolworthy is this new trend of quoting "gear page users" journo style in these gear "articles" :lol:

works for me Image
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:30 am

Journo style is goin' downhill. :eek:

We've reached out to TikTok user @pedalsR4losers for comment, but haven't heard back by press time. :wha?:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby qersty » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:57 am

An ilovefuzz.com user stated "dat purple :love:"
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:10 am

:lol: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:47 am

:lol: :yay:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:55 pm

it really is a striking purple though
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:30 am

cosmicevan wrote:it really is a striking purple though

Facebook commenter: Again the no-life forumites act elitist when they don't know what works for a gigging player
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:13 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Journo style is goin' downhill. :eek:

We've reached out to TikTok user @pedalsR4losers for comment, but haven't heard back by press time. :wha?:

Cream cheese unavailable 4 comment :?:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:41 pm

qersty wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:it really is a striking purple though

Facebook commenter: Again the no-life forumites act elitist when they don't know what works for a gigging player

"Gigging player" is such a funny term when you start to peel the onion. I love all the justification via gigs is the most laughable thing of all time...as if a painter can only paint if their work is for sale or a dancer can only dance for a crowd. Artists art...that's what makes them artists...gigs don't make you an artist.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:12 am

D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:21 am

:(
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moozz » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:16 am

Gone Fission wrote:WMD is closing up shop: https://www.gearnews.com/wmd-to-close-b ... w-modules/

Damn! I have never tried their modular gear (or anyone else's really) but the Geiger Counter and Utility Parametric EQ have been in heavy use.
moozz

involved
involved

Previous

Return to General Gear