bitcrusher pedalz

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: bitcrusher pedalz

Postby friendship » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:51 pm

qersty wrote:every time i play a bitcrusher/samplerate reducer on guitar i just think it sounds like broken and feel gross

hell fuckin yeah :animal:
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:50 pm

qersty wrote:every time i play a bitcrusher/samplerate reducer on guitar i just think it sounds like broken and feel gross

That's how you know it's working!

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Warpsmasher » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:24 pm

le lambin wrote:What about the Roland/Malekko Bitrazer module- seems pretty cool but I haven’t really heard any first hand comments.
I don't think Malekko had anything to do with the Aira FX modules, just the analog System 500. The Bitrazer is all the crusher I need, and I don't really care about trying to make bitcrushing sound good on guitar. The audio quality is great, and the functionality with the rest of the system is a big thing for me. I like chaining up internal filter and distortion modules on the input and stuff like that too. It's nice to be able to do whatever you want to it to make it better/cooler/more useful. :)*
Last edited by Warpsmasher on Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:16 pm

That’s the first time I’ve heard of the Bitrazer and that thing looks great. I’ve owned a Frantabit numerous times and was lucky enough to finally get another one. I agree with the earlier comment about it being particularly grating but for what it does in that sonic realm I’ve found the mix needs to be way down. It’s close to a Geiger Counter in its digital distortion capabilities and the sound of just the basic SRR is kind of weak compared to something like the Scrutator or BugCrusher but what it does everywhere else is just awesome.

What are currently available ones? Scrutator, Mainframe, Bitmap, Fredric BugCrusher, Bitquest, Ottobit. Anything else I’m missing out there?
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby le lambin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:35 pm

DannDubbleEwe wrote:
What are currently available ones? Scrutator, Mainframe, Bitmap, Fredric BugCrusher, Bitquest, Ottobit. Anything else I’m missing out there?

HKA Design Digitizer - I can’t find much out there but the few vids I’ve seen, I like.
le lambin

committed
committed

Postby le lambin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm

Warpsmasher wrote:
le lambin wrote:What about the Roland/Malekko Bitrazer module- seems pretty cool but I haven’t really heard any first hand comments.
I don't think Malekko had anything to do with the Aira FX modules, just the analog System 500. The Bitrazer is all the crusher I need, and I don't really care about trying to make bitcrushing sound good on guitar. The audio quality great, and the functionality with the rest of the system is a big thing for me. I like chaining up internal filter and distortion modules on the input and stuff like that too. It's nice to be able to do whatever you want to it to make it better/cooler/more useful. :)*

Nice thanks for the comments- I would love to mess around with one it seems great.
le lambin

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:47 am

DannDubbleEwe wrote:That’s the first time I’ve heard of the Bitrazer and that thing looks great. I’ve owned a Frantabit numerous times and was lucky enough to finally get another one. I agree with the earlier comment about it being particularly grating but for what it does in that sonic realm I’ve found the mix needs to be way down. It’s close to a Geiger Counter in its digital distortion capabilities and the sound of just the basic SRR is kind of weak compared to something like the Scrutator or BugCrusher but what it does everywhere else is just awesome.

Parasit Audio Sonic Reducer. Hotone Krush. That wild looking ezhi&aka fuzz?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Hotone Krush is the better of the cheapie crushers I have. The Tomsline/Aroma Mario is excellent/terrible in its own way, very noisy when engaged evn with no signal.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:32 pm

The Hoptone Krush is excellent! My two demo videos have gained quite a lot of popularity in the last months.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Warpsmasher » Mon May 03, 2021 9:11 am

In the crushy zone...and the yellow paint job is extra sweet
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear