2020 Happenings! (BOSS Strikes Back)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2020 Happenings! (BOSS Strikes Back)

Postby More_Divebombs » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 pm

tremolo3 wrote:This happened:

I believe it's a clone.

"Hey, Arturia, can I copy off your homework?"
"Yeah, just change it up a it so it's not obvious"
"NO FUCK YOU"

How are they allowed to get away with that?
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:02 pm

The marketplace doesn’t punish them for it is the main reason.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bartimaeus » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:55 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Maybe, but this has pretty much always been the case. It must be the wand not the wizard is the default mantra for pretty much anything involving any kind of equipment.

that's true. maybe you're right. the specific equipment changes, but certain types of people will always lust after the "better" versions?
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:20 pm

Eventide is making big changes in the H9 product line. As of 2021, only H9 Max will be sold and the ability to purchase new algorithms will be gone. Also, they say there will be no new algorithms. Full details here:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/one-h9-rule-them-all
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:01 am

Still would be cool if they put the H9 in a Factor-sized pedal with real knobs.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:59 am

Well, this reads as the beginning to a transition to something new. H9 was introduced in 2013, and the Factor pedals are earlier than that. My guess is that the ARM processor transition that they did in their flagship racks is coming down to pedals. I have absolutely no confirmation at all, but I’m guessing that the Blackhole pedal is a proof-of-concept for a transition to ARM from the old Freescale processors of the Factors and H9s. The old stuff will probably go out of production soon when the obsolete parts are no longer cost-effective to source and get filed as “legacy” products until the parts run out.

The question is how they’re going to repackage the White Album for us to buy all over in a new format. And, look, I’m deeply into Eventide, but they haven’t been really delivering on “new” in a while. Some sounds that are still great, but, well, “still.” So it’s just a question of how we by the algorithms with what level of tactile interface.

Oh, and the Eclipse will probably also reach the end of its product life to be replaced by a stereo cut-down version of the H9000. The used market should offer a lot of bang for the buck soon.
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:04 am

Someone at Boss has come out and said that the HM-2w will happen. They are soliciting input on bonus mode stuff on a FB group they have set up. (The recent teasers continue for a different pedal, probably the FZ-2w.)

https://www.gearnews.com/boss-to-reissu ... -just-yet/

I would want a low-gain mode as an option in addition to the chainsaw. How would you improve on the dirt, tho?
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:13 am

Cool cool cool they're only about four years late. Still if they're going to charge a reasonable amount it'll be cool.

Eventide on the other hand seem determined to fuck themselves and I'm baffled why anyone would buy a H9 past this point unless they really hate having money and aren't creative enough to think of a better way to waste it.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby John » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:42 pm

Olin wrote:Eventide on the other hand seem determined to fuck themselves and I'm baffled why anyone would buy a H9 past this point unless they really hate having money and aren't creative enough to think of a better way to waste it.

That has, to me, seemed to be the Eventide "thing" from the beginning. Nobody needs an Eventide for their gig. The audience can't tell if your modulated delay or swirlyverb comes from a Digitech or an Eventide, except for the pedal peepers. Considering what the H9 etc is capable of processing and what it actually gets used for, it's like a having a V12 engine that only powers your windshield wipers.
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Someone at Boss has come out and said that the HM-2w will happen. They are soliciting input on bonus mode stuff on a FB group they have set up. (The recent teasers continue for a different pedal, probably the FZ-2w.)

https://www.gearnews.com/boss-to-reissu ... -just-yet/

I would want a low-gain mode as an option in addition to the chainsaw. How would you improve on the dirt, tho?

As if Boss didn't already have my money based off the fz-2w tease. :picard:

But yea, always wanted to fuck with an HM-2, but the prices of the OG have always put me off. I had a Waza super overdrive as my main lower gain crunch for a while now, so I have faith that a waza HM-2 could be amazing (and probably replace my turbo overdrive for high gain stuff). I'm honestly not sure what I would want from a mode 2. A different EQ voicing maybe? Troll the purists and have a hyper metal mode? The possibilities are endless. :excellent:

Now I just have to decide if I'm gonna swoop this or the FZ....although its probably gonna be the HM since I'em more of a distortion boi these days. :excellent:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:40 pm

Just so long as they didn’t fuck up boost on the FZ2. Everyone knows that’s the best mode.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby codetocontra » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:25 pm

HM-2w mode 2 should be FZ-2 mode 2. Fight me.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ALLisNOISE » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:51 am

spacelordmother wrote:Just so long as they didn’t fuck up boost on the FZ2. Everyone knows that’s the best mode.

As far as a Mode 2 on the HM-2w, I’d like to see the option to bypass the drive all together and just use that gnarly, hateful EQ with you other drives...
Say, perhaps, an FZ-2?
ALLisNOISE

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:31 am

yeah the low gain/EQ option only would be cool.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:20 am

I’m just pumped to see there drama unfold
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear