let's list every Rat clone (and also just chat Rats)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: let's list every Rat clone (and also just chat Rats)

Postby Jero » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:44 pm

theavondon wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:
systemofameow wrote:Recently started fooling around with the ol' Muff/Rat combo. Really liking how the Rat type circuit I've been using kinda tightens things up when it's in front at a lower gain setting.

:thumb: my setup is bassically that a rat into a muff ( the muffiant I use is a tym mudfuzz), it funny that after all these years and pedals I'm back to what I had in 96 :lol:

After years of using a rat into a big muff, changing it up, again using a rat into a big muff, changing it up and using only a rat or only a big muff...I'm happy to say I'm back to rat into a big muff. Been a wild 8 years y'all, but I'm back baby.

It's such a good sound. Really, most anything into big muff is. There was a guy on reverb a couple years ago selling nice looking two in ones for about $130...I wonder if he's still around :idea:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Jero wrote:
theavondon wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:
systemofameow wrote:Recently started fooling around with the ol' Muff/Rat combo. Really liking how the Rat type circuit I've been using kinda tightens things up when it's in front at a lower gain setting.

:thumb: my setup is bassically that a rat into a muff ( the muffiant I use is a tym mudfuzz), it funny that after all these years and pedals I'm back to what I had in 96 :lol:

After years of using a rat into a big muff, changing it up, again using a rat into a big muff, changing it up and using only a rat or only a big muff...I'm happy to say I'm back to rat into a big muff. Been a wild 8 years y'all, but I'm back baby.

It's such a good sound. Really, most anything into big muff is. There was a guy on reverb a couple years ago selling nice looking two in ones for about $130...I wonder if he's still around :idea:

I don’t really have a need for a fuzz on my board but I kinda want to toss a muff on my board just because that with an HM-2 and RAT is completely overkill
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frigid midget » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Wonder if there's even any compact muff+rat combo pedals out there? I've sorta given up on both effects, with the rat being so middsy and muffs dissapearing in a mix...But a decent combo pedal might make a nice adition to my board at the moment :idk:
Last edited by frigid midget on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BoatRich » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:24 pm

frigid midget wrote:Wonder if there's even any compact muff+rat combo pedals ou there? I've sorta given up on both effects, with the rat being so middsy and muffs dissapearing in a mix...but a decent combo pedal might make a nice adition to my board at the moment :idk:

I’ve seen people build them into a regular big muff enclosure with an order switch and that always seemed like the coolest thing.

Unrelated, I’m thinking about getting one of those 125b Cat Tails because I barely use the second distortion switch, and I could use the board space, but I hate feeling like I’m giving up functionality.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Pretty hot custom Soothsayer:

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jero » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Pretty hot custom Soothsayer:

Yeap. That's awesome.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Except that douchey PRS amp.. And the pedal is turned all the way down ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:38 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:47 pm

BoatRich wrote:I don’t really have a need for a fuzz on my board but I kinda want to toss a muff on my board just because that with an HM-2 and RAT is completely overkill

My only advise on this is choose thine muff wisely :zen:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Snufkino » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:29 am

The little Mooer pedal is great for everything except low gain and putting out car windows, which are the things that the originals rats do best.

Chankgeez wrote:Pretty hot custom Soothsayer:

I want to be inside that and have it inside me at the same time.
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby theavondon » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:27 pm

I've never ever heard of that brand but that pedal looks extremely 2007.

My friend and I made a video about our favorite rats last night.

theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echorec » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 am

I haven't seen anyone mention the Zander Cranium.

https://www.zandercircuitry.co.uk/produ ... ion-pedal/

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:15 pm

Unclear from the ad copy whether Trombetta etched this himself, but, either way, I thought it was worth posting.

Not sure, however, a modded Rat 2 is worth what the seller is asking. :idk:

https://reverb.com/item/14952548-proco- ... inal-lm308

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Yikes.. That's a lot of scrilla for a rat clone for sure. You can get a pulled 308 for much less than whatever extra they are charging.. the enclosure definitely does look good. Non-matching side knob.. -$50 ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby XIX tech » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:22 pm

frigid midget wrote:Wonder if there's even any compact muff+rat combo pedals out there? I've sorta given up on both effects, with the rat being so middsy and muffs dissapearing in a mix...But a decent combo pedal might make a nice adition to my board at the moment :idk:

DSC Star Eruption. Russian green muff + rat
https://reverb.com/shop/dscpedals
XIX TECH High-end guitar effects and music equipment from Akademgorodok, Siberia.
https://xix-tech.com/
https://www.instagram.com/xix_tech/
XIX tech

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear