Spectrum Analyzer proto pics and pre-pre-order info!

Moderator: Ryan

Spectrum Analyzer proto pics and pre-pre-order info!

Postby Ryan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Hey guys!

The final drill sample was perfect and I tuned up my pcb to fit it perfectly and now the whole works is perfect and ready to go! The first round of boxes is already en route to me even, it's coming together fast! The first boxes will be black with rainbow sparkle, should have a pic to show you next week.

Here's a couple pics of the latest prototype:
IMG_20150401_005351.jpg

IMG_20150404_142106.jpg

These pics don't show it but I'm going to use a clear light plate on the back of these in lieu of any screen printing on the box. The pcb has all the info on it like the logo, name, date, all that stuff.. so I'm going to use a clear plate for the back and you can just read the brand infos off the pcb inside. There'll be a red light in the light plate so it glows red around the edges, giving you a visual cue that it's powered and on even if it's not displaying any audio at the moment. I'll show that better when I do the next builds when the production boxes arrive. (for the pre-order the light plate LED colour will match the bar graph colours, no worries!)

So here's what I'm thinking... I could use a bit of help to round up the funds to make these badboys... they're made out of parts I don't normally stock so I need to buy a lot of stuff at once to get these going. I've been doing up the costs and all that stuff and I think these will have to have an MSRP of $225, that's the price in store. I agree, that seems pricey for a doodad that you just look at but it's made out of expensive stuff and it takes a long time to build one. The price will also include everything you need to use it right out of the box though.. a good power supply, 2 x barrel connectors for your pedal board, and 2 x audio cables for your device/computer/stereo. Plus the usual lifetime warranty and some stickers and a pick. The production ones will be in red, it's the only colour of bar graphs that are readily available and a decent price.

To get these off the ground I think we should do a little pre-order here, make the price be $50ish less, and give you a choice of the colours.. I've been rounding up some cool bar graphs so you guys can have a choice of yellow, green, red, blue, or a mix if you like, plus some old school ones that are red/yellow/green/yellow/red. Lots are en route now but when I start the pre-order I'll show you a few different styles and you can let me know what you want and then I'll order more.

The pcbs are the other big thing for the pre-order, I'm going to get them in white and red and they'll take a few weeks to arrive, giving me time to round up all the other parts. I predict the pre-order will just be a month wait, just long enough to get the pcbs on hand and then a week or so for me to get a bunch built and shipped.

So let me get the final box and pcb proto in and make up a few more, week after next I predict, and then I'll officially start the pre-order. Thanks for your patience while I get it all ready, it always takes way longer than expected and there's always surprises along the way.. I'd say this little box has been the toughest thing to get into production that I've made yet but I think it's also the biggest passion project I've ever made, I really dig these lil analyzers.

More pics and pre-order to start soon, gimme a week or two, I'll keep you posted as things progress![/quote]
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Spectrum Analyzer proto pics and pre-pre-order info!

Postby goroth » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:00 am

:animal:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Sparrow » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:10 am

:drool:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:44 am

Yeah you can at that again dude.
Except in my case GAS>tax return so we'll see how that goes :facepalm:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Raintes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Sooooooooooooooooo in! :yay:
Raintes

committed
committed

Postby Clean Channel » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:33 pm

I've been sitting here with my mouse hovering over a paypal "buy now" button ever since this thread was started...
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Sun May 03, 2015 9:49 pm

Sorry it was so slow to get this ready, guys, and thank you for bearing with me!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Sun May 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Ryan wrote:Sorry it was so slow to get this ready, guys, and thank you for bearing with me!

To be clear: not complaining! Just can't contain my excitement!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Sun May 03, 2015 10:26 pm

Naw I didn't think that Tim! I just haven't been keeping yous guys as updated with stuff as I should, didn't do a build report after that last prototype even..
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dr. Scientist